Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Truly sad.  I don't have one beatles record, which is upliftingly positive...

I have the Beatles albums 

But I don’t necessarily like them that much 

I like a few popular songs from both Rolling Stones and Beatles but that’s about it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@MicroMara it's filthy isn't it?  Taking it in soon to have it gone over so saving millions to do that.  Think I actually want to take him a clean table?  Pffft!  Gonna get raped so may as well get my money's worth. 

@Full Range Why did I know you were going to say that about the Stones?  lol

Late June release (6-26) on the Stones single here.  Prolly wasting my money on the 10-inch since it will be on the new LP I'm thinking. 

Good friend's Mother is 96 and was positive for Covid in NYC.  Just got a call this afternoon that she's in the hospital being treated.  He doesn't think she'll be out but who knows.  He's a high dollar board geek for many artists.  Sad..  She was a great woman who put up w/a ton of stuff from many of us years ago. He said NYC is insane right now.    

Sorry Dave1290, I didn't realize you were so sensitive to my suggestions. Then leave it as it is, as long as you keep spinning good music.

I am also experiencing the fates of people in my family who truly don't deserve to fight for their lives. Especially when there is nothing you can do to help them. Not even visits are allowed. In the end only hope and memory remains.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 7:42 PM, Dave1290 said:

Stones leaked this one the other day since they're off the road and working on a new lp.  Teasin with a resonating song from today called "Living in a Ghost Town.."  Not too bad for a bunch of old guys!   :)

Yes Dave, like young Mr. Grace, they can still do it.

Light tinge of Reggae. Works for them in the past. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Good friend's Mother is 96 and was positive for Covid in NYC.  Just got a call this afternoon that she's in the hospital being treated.  He doesn't think she'll be out but who knows.  He's a high dollar board geek for many artists.  Sad..  She was a great woman who put up w/a ton of stuff from many of us years ago. He said NYC is insane right now.    

-------Let's all hope for the Best   --------here you go Dave ----------At a distance -

NBC NEW YORK -https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/yonkers-continues-to-flatten-the-curve/2387543/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I am also experiencing the fates of people in my family who truly don't deserve to fight for their lives. Especially when there is nothing you can do to help them. Not even visits are allowed. In the end only hope and memory remains.

no worries MARA ---stay safe -----we've all been locked up for too long ,  and being in NYC right now is bad news ------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, 000 said:

no worries MARA ---stay safe -----we've all been locked up for too long ,  and being in NYC right now is bad news ------

I think record spinning is keeping me sane - I stretch it out by choosing an album or ask my wife to choose 

That can take 30 min to 60 min 

I research the album as how why and when ect 

Play it a few times 

Then it’s time for lunch 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Triple LP's @Budman?  Lawd have mercy!  Took an hour drive to Cbus today for an eye appointment.  Gallon of sanitizer at the ready, my Spanish Doc had a little girl and smelled great peering into my eyeballs.  Did I mention she's absolutely gorgeous?  Turned her on to some Nils Lofgren "Live" last time and she loved him.  Doors Isle of Wight this time since she wanted another one.  hahaha  Then stopped for maters and flowers to plant, then a stop for a bologna sandwich and their onion rings to go @  http://gandrtavern.com/ and slipped into the house stuffed.  Best bologna sammich on the planet!  Enough for one day.  Now I've got the itch @ 9PM?  Seriously?  Hmmmm... 

Big-Brother-The-Holding-Company-Cheap-Th

:)  Cranked!  

• Like 6

@MicroMara Me sensitive?  Nah, not at all.  lololol  It's sitting above a heat duct and yea I know what everyone's thinking right now.  Futile to try to keep it clean for the most part.  It's going in sometime soon for an overhaul.  40 years old and only had oil change's?  The Linn dude is school trained by Linn and from what I've been told is one of the best around.  3 hour drive one-way.  Ugh!  Sure I could drop tons of $ in table updates but that's the name of the game.  When it's back it will go on a butcher block away from the duct and be spotless.  Right now it's running on the original cart.  Can't wait to get it upgraded.  About time to call the place again and TRY to get an idea on price.  Last time I talked to them I was totally clueless w/double talk from some salesman.  Now I'm gonna talk to the man and see what he says.  The typical McIntosh "$'s mean nothing" business.  I don't deal that way.  Gimme a ballpark figure and we'll narrow things down when I take it in there as to what cart to put on along w/the other stuff.  You won't ever insult me.  I just go with the flow and enjoy the banter!  Thin skinned?  hahaha  NOT at  all.  Great place w/a ton of great guys.  Yourself included!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2