Amazing Free flowing jazz fusion / prog rock inspired album 

One listen is not enough 

Artist - Bill Bruford ‎
Title - Rock Goes To College

93-E87-C63-881-A-455-C-BB66-582-ED197-BB

where back to the road to red

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've run across several Superstars that had those BBC records out at discogs. Does that have a real good sound like the old blue label London records do?

My Bruford record was from 2013 

It was “not re mastered “ and although it has the BBC printed on the cover as the original 

The album was released from the UK under license by Let Them Eat Vinyl ‎– LETV168. 

Also the sub label is Back To Black and I have had a few of these pressings - finding them to be excellent 

I found this album pressing to be very good and enjoyed listening to it 

• Like 3

Re-did my over played Aero collection with those Back to Black or record Store Day records last year and have a couple others too.

They are made to play back sounding good I agree Paul!

• Like 3

Outta reminiscing some funkiness from years ago and onto some more good bass notes. This one took to my cleaning it a while back like a champ. It had the noisiness of a couple hundred playbacks but the background is silent again now and there isn't a single skip-over tune on this LP at all.

Alan Parsons Project

I Robot

IMG-20200508-201326.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Outta reminiscing some funkiness from years ago and onto some more good bass notes. This one took to my cleaning it a while back like a champ. It had the noisiness of a couple hundred playbacks but the background is silent again now and there isn't a single skip-over tune on this LP at all.

Alan Parsons Project

I Robot

I should have had this LP in my collection ( head slap 👋

Well it’s now corrected - one is on its way 

• Like 2

Considering this might be one of our moms last Mother's Days my brother was up for the weekend. Yes mask on, cleaned up with sanitizer then sprayed his shoes with lysol before coming in. Nice visit plus he brought 100 + lbs of vinyl that I missed out on last week. Who is Kapt Kopter? Got some Leo Kottke myself now, BB King and possibly a bootleg live Stones from long ago.

Heck he wants to keep those nice crates but I might be able to still get a few... gotta help him procure some decent new shelves first.

So I flipped the cedar 100 yr old toybox I use as a coffee table in the den and it took me hours to alphabetize them. He has threatened to come back tomorrow with most of the rest of the collection but I couldn't handle it right now!! 

IMG-20200510-194227.jpg

IMG-20200510-194240.jpg

IMG-20200510-194249.jpg

Might have a bevy of Beatles, Dylan, Moody Blues original pressings to offer for sale soon.

Will run the ultrasound first and give a listen, used to love the Beatles when I was ten and had a few of those.... Bangladesh box looks interesting so do the Lennon Lps.

Booklets inside the lps? Man the early 70s had lots done like that. One Jimi lp the whole thing opens up to a two sided poster!

• Like 5

My internet was down over the weekend but I’m up and running again 

Sunday was Mother’s Day so no spinning 

This album is more mainstream in its content but enjoyable 

Artist - Wetton Manzanera 

Title - Self titled 

6-A955055-97-D5-47-C6-B636-569-A7-D622-E

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

You got a Kapt Kopter & the Twirly Birds LP?  SCORE!!!  Randy California was great!

Yep,  a Steve Martin and a lp with weed all over it and a couple more spoken word records. The Hendrix looks like the score to me! An Alvin Lee with someone else lots of Fogelberg, Guthrie and Nitty Gritty and the Greenbaum record, Focus, Mtn. Got to get back to work with the Turgikleen soon!

* Listened to a few of the lps on youtube through the tv rig. Recognized more Dave Mason than I realized, Fogelburg/Weisburg good but too mellow and there are about ten of them.  Just now got a chance to sit on my butt for ten... I'll grab a bite and get back to it here before I make more coffee and stay up late cleaning records.

These might get into the ultrasound tonight.

IMG-20200511-114659.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Got some sediment on the bottom of the cleaning tank tonight. Played a little BB King, Papa John Creach, Lennon some Derringer I've never heard too. Got better studio Eagles now plus several I never had. Got the raspy Rod cleaned up and three Doors lps from `67. Haven't been able to get near the PC at all today! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just left the band UK, before joining the band Asia, John Wetton released his first solo album

Just about everything was written and several instruments were played by John and with help from some well known artists on keyboards, drums and saxophone 

Artist - John Wetton 

Title - Caught In The Crossfire 

EG ‎Records 2311 028 

Australian pressing - 1980 

00-C24-AEB-6295-4966-A876-C5-A38-D553-D9

• Like 3

Hi @Full Range

Songs on that one do sound similar to the Asia that came out after, and his bass is never anemic!

@Dave1290 I'm past my limits on record storage now and cleaned less than fifty yesterday. 

Who digs Bob Dylan? Got about twenty LPs of his I will clean eventually and give a listen. I like his hits that I've always heard but "Oh Mercy" I play several times a year. His big fans I read didn't like that release too much, that explains it!

Mention that here `cause I'd rather give first dibs to this bunch.

Gotta run again, always stuff that needs doing here!

IMG-20200511-163417.jpg

• Like 3

Heard one on vinyl for the first time on this still new to me rig. Made a tape of it from a friends long ago but there is no comparison.

ELP:

Several but especially their Brain Salad Surgery!

IMG-20200512-195911.jpg

Not even start-up noise at the beginning of this masterpiece!

I'll sample a couple more tonight even if I have to get out the AKGs.

IMG-20200512-205004.jpg

There was another the Nice with Keith, "Elegy"... but it is mauled like a pocket knife point was drug over it.

Need at least one of my old vices to savor these with, got to wait until things settle down though before I break out the Elijah!

• Like 4

Kinda like watching paint dry is so very true.  Finally done yet not done.  One more Levolor to order for the French doors out onto the patio.  I hate putting antique white on anything.  Always takes about 3 coats before it looks good.  At least I'm outta that light brown sidewall color.  I've got so much to sort and do yet I'm amazed.  I'm on it though!  Pretty bad when I'm visualizing Jubes in the corners.  😂

IMG-20200508-235555107-1.jpg

Maybe by Christmas!  :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Heard one on vinyl for the first time on this still new to me rig. Made a tape of it from a friends long ago but there is no comparison.

ELP:

Several but especially their Brain Salad Surgery!

Have all of the ELP in the collection 

But a different with the Nice album - Keith Emerson with the Nice 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Nice-Keith-Emerson-With-The-Nice/release/5078078

• Like 1