Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

52 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

If you've ever just forgotten the saying from the tie-dyed, bell bottom 70s "Far Out!" ??

Put on some old ELP!

Better than most of the music from the unshaven 80s.

I had bell a few pairs of bell bottoms back in the day - they were very cool 😎 

Let’s see how many I can remember off the top of my head 

Cool , far out , can you dig it man, that’s slick, chill and be cool, 10/4 good buddy.

And yea most bands from that era have more talent in one band members finger than the canned stuff they are pumping out now 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's early for me to be listening but heck, I've been up since four am today. Amazed by how some of these appear to have never been played.... like no needle drop noise at all and without marks prior to cleaning. Got to change the tank today it got murky last night.

Being a teen when they came out I had the two on the left. Never hated my old rott-n-pit for what he ate that day, but those two it wasn't just cover mauling.

IMG-20200513-072140.jpg

I had heard some of the Mac's more meaty music before, suspect the red covered records might have some blues in it!

Desolation Angels

It grew to be on of my most favorite records with it's simple concoction of testosterone laden subject matter, clean sound, great vocals...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rainy again, so I got the cleaner running today too.

Looks like I'm not the only one that has had a dog actually chomp on something important!

Check this Hendrix out.

IMG-20200513-100114.jpg

IMG-20200513-100132.jpg

IMG-20200513-100201.jpg

If you copy the image link and open in another tab the orange side is concentric circles from the lower left quadrant. Will get to sample these this pm I hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If you've ever just forgotten the saying from the tie-dyed, bell bottom 70s "Far Out!" ??

Put on some old ELP!

Better than most of the music from the unshaven 80s.

I think in every music there is a spirit of the times reflected in a certain decade. It started in the 1950s and ended at the turn of the millennium. Sting once said in 2001 " There is no note that has not been played yet. I also realize that all my musical preferences originate from the last century and that there is seldom contemporary music that can inspire me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It's early for me to be listening but heck, I've been up since four am today. Amazed by how some of these appear to have never been played.... like no needle drop noise at all and without marks prior to cleaning. Got to change the tank today it got murky last night.

Being a teen when they came out I had the two on the left. Never hated my old rott-n-pit for what he ate that day, but those two it wasn't just cover mauling.

IMG-20200513-072140.jpg

I had heard some of the Mac's more meaty music before, suspect the red covered records might have some blues in it!

Desolation Angels

It grew to be on of my most favorite records with it's simple concoction of testosterone laden subject matter, clean sound, great vocals...

I miss the Mac´s Album " Mirage " 20200326_225111.thumb.jpg.1f84d182623f2b103e7bbefe5c813027.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Rainy again, so I got the cleaner running today too.

Looks like I'm not the only one that has had a dog actually chomp on something important!

Check this Hendrix out.

IMG-20200513-100114.jpg

IMG-20200513-100132.jpg

IMG-20200513-100201.jpg

If you copy the image link and open in another tab the orange side is concentric circles from the lower left quadrant. Will get to sample these this pm I hope.

The label is called " TRIP " and all I want ...under the tabel...under the table ..is PSYCHO ( B-Side )  Poor Hendrix, if only he hadn't taken drugs..............

DAY 32: Hexeosis | Optical illusions art

• Like 3

Just arrived in the mail a nice LP that wanted a nice home 

But it does not need an introduction and it’s a lovely afternoon spin 

Although this is a reissue I found it to have VG+ SQ 

Artist - The Alan Parsons Project ‎

Title - I Robot

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-I-Robot/release/2569482

2682-AAD5-0-B1-D-4214-8791-6-D4-FFDB4-A4

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

Cool, don't play mine as often anymore, which made it so impressive last week for me!

I've always had the suspicion that Mr. Parsons had a hand in the mastering of his Project's releases. I mean he was the jedi - engineer for DSOTM. He had to have had some clout with his peers!

Got these cleaned up yesterday, it's too wet to cut the yard that is getting pretty deep after ten days. Didn't do laundry yesterday so I think I'm gonna listen and fold this morning. I've remarked in the past here that the 70's rock was the best to me with exceptions of course. Never felt like a lucky person but darn...... first the tt deal a while back, now this radio stations worth of vinyl that I've anticipated for a few months. I'm flipping out here, good thing I've got my coreg and a slightly more reasonable attitude going on in this decade of my life! I had the good to me heavy stuff covered before, now the basics are filling in too.

IMG-20200514-093805.jpg

Storage is quickly becoming something to keep an eye peeled for!

Got one crate full of replaced records and 80s hair band stuff that hasn't been played in too long. Used record store might open back up by mid summer. Hope it does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@JohnJ  Your vinyl collection seems to be infinitely large and it covers almost every music genre. And yes ... Allan Parsons was the sound engineer who mixed and mastered Pink Floyd's album " The dark side of the moon ".

• Like 3

On 5/12/2020 at 9:02 PM, JohnJ said:

Heard one on vinyl for the first time on this still new to me rig. Made a tape of it from a friends long ago but there is no comparison.

ELP:

Several but especially their Brain Salad Surgery!

IMG-20200512-195911.jpg

Not even start-up noise at the beginning of this masterpiece!

I'll sample a couple more tonight even if I have to get out the AKGs.

IMG-20200512-205004.jpg

There was another the Nice with Keith, "Elegy"... but it is mauled like a pocket knife point was drug ove

Need at least one of my old vices to savor these with, got to wait until things settle down though before I break out the

JOHN , can't see the front of your TT - maybe a new Thorens , not sure , as I can't see the left side ----can you tell use what you are using  -----are you happy with it -  just curious

14 hours ago, Full Range said:

Just arrived in the mail a nice LP that wanted a nice home 

But it does not need an introduction and it’s a lovely afternoon spin 

Artist - The Alan Parsons Project ‎

Title - I Robot

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Alan-Parsons-Project-I-Robot/release/2569482

2682-AAD5-0-B1-D-4214-8791-6-D4-FFDB4-A4

You should never forget who the real mastermind was at Alan Parson Project. On both albums, Tales of Mysteries......and I Robot it was not only Allan Parsons but essentially Eric Woolfson.

In 1974, Woolfson met record producer Alan Parsons at the Abbey Road Studios in London where both were working on different projects. Parsons asked Eric to become his manager and they worked together with a number of bands and artists including Pilot, Cockney Rebel, John Miles, Al Stewart, Ambrosia and The Hollies.

Subsequently, Eric and Alan formed The Alan Parsons Project, the name originally being intended as a working title for their collaborative project. From 1976 to 1987, Woolfson and Parsons collaborated on the conception and lyrics for all ten albums by The Alan Parsons Project, which have achieved worldwide sales in excess of 50 million.

On every Project album, Woolfson would sing a guide vocal track for each song, which the album's eventual lead vocalists would use as a reference. Some of these tracks can be heard on the new remastered editions of various Project albums released in 2007. Woolfson himself was the actual singer on many of the Project's biggest hits, such as "Time", "Don't Answer Me", "Prime Time" and the band's signature tune "Eye in the Sky", which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 on 16–30 October 1982.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Poor Hendrix, if only he hadn't taken drugs..............

he died    from taking 9  sleeping pills  from his girlfriend  -----he had problems to sleep following a trial in Canada , from May to Dec 69 , and he was framed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

he died    from taking 9  sleeping pills  from his girlfriend  -----he had problems to sleep following a trial in Canada , from May to Dec 69 , and he was framed

These are the facts ......

Besides artists like Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix is also part of Club 27, consisting of musicians who died at the age of 27. Before Hendrix's death on September 18, 1970, his already extensive drug use intensified. The consequences included severe depressions of the exceptional guitarist.Some shows turned into a catastrophe due to the influence of drugs, including his last big gig at the Love And Peace Festival on the Baltic Sea island of Fehmarn on 6 September 1970. Apart from that, the whole festival was a disastrous mixture of bad organisation and stormy weather. Jimi Hendrix travelled to London exhausted after his performance.

On September 16th Hendrix could be heard once again at a jam session in Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club with Eric Burdon and War, whose recording is much sought after by collectors. He spent the following two nights in the apartment of his friend Monika Dannemann in the Samarkand Hotel in Notting Hill. On September 18, 1970 he was brought unconscious to St. Mary Abbot's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead by Dr. John Bannister. It turned out that Jimi Hendrix had consumed large quantities of sleeping pills with alcohol and had choked on his vomit.

Jimi Hendrix's girlfriend Monika Dannemann found him early in the morning of the day he died. It had been her pills that Hendrix mixed with red wine. Born in Düsseldorf, she met the rock star in her hometown in 1969. Contrary to reports to the contrary, she always claimed to have had a closer relationship with Hendrix, whom he is said to have even proposed marriage to. Hendrix' relationship with the Danish model Kirsten Nefer, which lasted until shortly before his death, played no role in her portrayal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

what Brand of TT ------

I have owned this TT for a good 38 years. It is from the legendary Japanese manufacturer " MICRO SEIKI ". The model is called DQX 500 S. Every 2 years I change the oil for the disc drive and for the tonearm lift every 5 years.It is quartz controlled and has a direct drive. In addition, I have MM / MC / transistor phono preamplifiers and also phono tube preamplifiers. I use exclusively Moving Iron systems from Grado, Soundsmith, Nagaoka and Osawa

JohnJ`s TT is a Pro-Ject with an 9cc Carbon Tonearm and a Audio Technica AT33 Cardridge. He´s using a Pro-Ject DS II Tube Phono Pre Amplifier. @JohnJ Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I have owned this TT for a good 38 years. It is from the legendary Japanese manufacturer " MICRO SEIKI ". The model is called DQX 500 S. Every 2 years I change the oil for the disc drive and for the tonearm lift every 5 years.It is quartz controlled and has a direct drive. In addition, I have MM / MC / transistor phono preamplifiers and also phono tube preamplifiers. I use exclusively Moving Iron systems from Grado, Soundsmith, Nagaoka and Osawa

JohnJ`s TT is a Pro-Ject with an 9cc Carbon Tonearm and a Audio Technica AT33 Cardridge. He´s using a Pro-Ject DS II Tube Phono Pre Amplifier. @JohnJ Correct me if I'm wrong.

, 1978  , very nice -----I  remember the DQX 500S  , in later years , there was also  the Ariston RD 40 ---did you replace the Arm  or is it stock

• Like 1

Hi,

I had a big turntable in 1980, it turned like a Clock for 30 years, it was placed on 150Kg of concrete in a sandbox, the turntable weighs 60kg and the tray about 20kg, the whole must weigh about 250kg (550 lbs) and I had a LURNE arm and an AT33E cell, which I listen to with this material. I also change the oil, but more often, every 2 or 3 months because the pressure on the unipivot is enormous: so you need clean, new oil at this location.

The turntable is now in my garage, it will take a day that I have the courage to repaint it brand and new turn it again!

The MINIMUM had replaced a superb Linn LP12 that I had before, I see we like the same material Hi-Fi guys 🤣

mwba.jpg

6as1.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have a photo with the arm and the cell, when the stage was beautiful, with a superb painting and without dust

About 10 years ago, I gave the documents to Vinyl Engine so that they could put them on their site. Here you can download the essay and the explanations of the turntable, review passed in the Audiophile in French in 1979 : Downloads > information

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/audiomeca-pierre-lurne/minimum.shtml

@JohnJ I am extremely jealous of your treasure trove of LPs  🤤

• Like 4