Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Always some smooth stuff from that guy!   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  :)

& the combination of instruments, how they're played.... on the title track is impeccable here right now!:biggrin2:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Think this is what I've settled in to for tonight:

Albert King

I'll Play the Blues For You:

IMG-20200520-202608.jpg

Sweet... 

Smooth...

Yes I like that - smooth guitar with a little twang that digs into ones solar plexus 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I"m just sittin back and lettin the big horse run.  Throw em down brother and crank it up!  Well, kinda maybe!  lol

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

es I like that - smooth guitar with a little twang that digs into ones solar plexus 

Solar Plexus???  Well, guess that's better than a kick in the nads!   😂

Been idle for a couple days here.  Thinking about what I really want to hear.  Old? Newer? Kinda baffled but did like that Deep Purple album Paul.  Gonna figure it out soon and light things up a bit here.  Monsoon season.  Rain out the ying yang all week.  Ugh!  

• Like 2

Cool 50 degrees earlier, torrential rain again.

So I took another trip without leaving the house... not like 1979 but how I do it now.

This guy I only knew the one song but the LP is all kinda uplifting, silly with the lyrics a couple times one song he just keeps changing the timing from one stanza to another.

Norman Greenbaum

Spirit in the Sky:

IMG-20200521-174811.jpg

Then these guys, had to play side two first, and why? One song "Eruption" with lots of parts like a RUSH or YES long tune:

Where's @Emile ?

IMG-20200521-181911.jpg

So it's pleasant and pretty inventive!

• Like 4

IMG-20200521-193104.jpg

First time in a long while I've caught the clean image of the label while spinning! I was expecting a kaleidoscope look.

IMG-20200521-193123.jpg

Not on the radio in decades except for the late sappy stuff he did. He was a really good talent!

IMG-20200521-195752.jpg

• Like 6

First time I saw Elton was his 11-17-70 tour.  What a show that was!  Watched him from the orchestra pit @ Vets Memorial in Cbus.  He flat a$$ KILLED it that night.  Took another couple with me and asked them after what they thought.  He said it was ok and she said she wasn't really impressed at all.  Last show they ever saw w/me!  lol  Have seen him quite a few times and he's been great every time.  

Not a bad song on that LP @KlipschFish

• Like 4

Those came with several more but had to change it up a little.

tried to get a half-speed of this last year but the seller misled about the condition... at least they were good enough to refund.

Another in darn good shape here!

IMG-20200521-211722.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

watched a video of Wrecking Crew guitarist Louie Shelton. He was at Norman’s Rare Guitars and he said that both he and Larry Carlton played on some of the Partridge Family songs. People can laugh, but it is music played well -- now i know why. 

• Like 7

The road to Red has presented itself 

Been a long time lover of this album but never had the LP until now 

Thoroughly enjoying this album as I post - This reissue is approved by Robert Fripp from the original 1974 masters on 200gr vinyl

Yes it’s very very good and I’m having fun listening 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Red

9-AEC4044-9-F93-4983-BBDF-38953-AAAB29-A

487-D422-E-D5-D6-457-C-B6-AC-106-D9-DE28

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Full Range said:

The road to Red has presented itself 

Been a long time lover of this album but never had the LP until now 

Thoroughly enjoying this album as I post - This reissue is approved by Robert Fripp from the original 1974 masters on 200gr vinyl

Yes it’s very very good and I’m having fun listening 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - Red

9-AEC4044-9-F93-4983-BBDF-38953-AAAB29-A

487-D422-E-D5-D6-457-C-B6-AC-106-D9-DE28

Can you turn that up.. I can't hear it !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OK Paul & @dirtmudd.....

Got a bit of a photo essay of a quandary I have.

Ended up with another duplicate, had a heavy nice version done by EG from a couple of years ago that sounds great. Now also have an original from `69 that has no visible imperfections. Side two is good to go, I love Moonchild and listened to that side first last week. 21st Century...... is playing now and it is good also the dimension of impact is a little forward with the mid and high range notes on this old copy but not like it's a problem it's just what I can discern. Gotta look it up at discogs, being a strong NM or M- might be worth... ?

IMG-20200522-185937.jpg

IMG-20200522-190054.jpg

IMG-20200522-190155.jpg

IMG-20200522-190606.jpg

Texture and coloring of the cover, actually the painting is more complete on the original version also.

• Like 3