Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Well you should know that I quit going to that upsstore near me because of the gal quoting me express to you for that other LP. The one the other direction doesn't do usps though, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad if I go to the owner or his wife at the one close to me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Well you should know that I quit going to that upsstore near me because of the gal quoting me express to you for that other LP. The one the other direction doesn't do usps though, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad if I go to the owner or his wife at the one close to me!

But the original LP from the UK had a different pink record label - it has a large white exclamation mark on it 

• Like 2

Never said that one's for sale actually, just wondered aloud if it was treasure to others like it is to me!

& what's the difference if one recording sounds a little garage like because of the differences in technology from fifty years ago until the latest by the schizoid shop themselves?

I could go eccentric and compare them over and over:rolleyes:

SD8245 was done in `69

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Never said that one's for sale actually, just wondered aloud if it was treasure to others like it is to me!

& what's the difference if one recording sounds a little garage like because of the differences in technology from fifty years ago until the latest by the schizoid shop themselves?

I could go eccentric and compare them over and over:rolleyes:

SD8245 was done in `69

Im going back in my memory now - but with the internet you can probably search to confirm if it’s true 

The original UK pressing was fantastic however when it was distributed far and wide under the licence system there was an error in one of the channels - and was corrected much later 

I had the original in the early seventies but had lost it or lent it out and never came back 

Now have the Aust 1978 re issue in the collection 

• Like 3

The Atlantic copy in question has a CTH after the numbers in the vinyl so it's from Terra Haute IN. Their aren't any NM or Ms listed right now one VG+ is for $88 obo but it is so much higher than the others it's not realistic. Saw the pink with the ! in it there.

The EG copy was done with the original masters and does sound more full on my system. If I decide to let go of one I couldn't tell you which one it would be. Probably not as big of a KC fan as either of you guys but darn the cover art and heavy cardboard on the old one is magnificent compared to the newer one with less depth of brushstrokes shown in it.

Possibly getting weird about this already!

• Like 3

Finally got my hands on a nice condition LP of Slade Alive 😱

A great album and listening to it now as I post brings back good memories 

Artist - Slade

Title - Slade Alive 

ID 1972 Aust pressing 2383 101

6-F9511-C4-7-A95-469-D-BC74-2-FA35-FCD2-

If you are wondering what the other albums are under the Slade LP then just wait they will be presented soon 😎

003-BE903-E9-ED-49-A6-A3-A2-4-A9-B5210-C

• Like 5

This next album is classified as Jazz / Rock 

But it’s got hints of disco in some tracks like - I feel Like Dancing 💃 

Its a happy bright album - but when you get past that and listen carefully you can admire the technical and brilliant musicianship on it 

Artist - Lee Ritenour 

Title - Feel The Night 

D355-AD51-6-E0-E-4-A0-D-B9-D1-A1-A154-BE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for that post @Full Range!  Stumbled around last night with the Eagles and a couple others...  BOOM!  I'm on it!  :)

Lee Ritenour's "Captain Fingers" was his 3rd studio album released in 1977 and it''s killer!  Lil jazz fusion w/the synth's never hurt anyone!  Gonna follow it up with "Earth Run" his Grammy winner from 1986 and wind it down w/"Feel the Night" from '79.  FINALLY!  Sounds soooo good and touches ALL the bases!  :)

IMG-20200524-131428234.jpg

IMG-20200524-140016830.jpg

IMG-20200524-145346593.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Lee Ritenour's "Captain Fingers" was his 3rd studio album released in 1977 and it''s killer!  Lil jazz fusion w/the synth's never hurt anyone!  Gonna follow it up with "Earth Run" his Grammy winner from 1986 and wind it down w/"Feel the Night" from '79.  FINALLY!  Sounds soooo good and touches ALL the bases!  :)

Captain Fingers is a fantastic album 

I have that one in the LP collection 

• Like 3

Just moving on to an English Prog band that was founded in 1966 

This LP is a compilation released in 1980 of the early work 

What a fantastic album - one listen is not enough 

Artist - Barclay James Harvest ‎
Title -  Mocking Bird - The Early Years

7-AA57807-9132-4524-8-E6-A-09-F45-CAE337

• Like 4

Have no Ritenour got some more of the other Leo K, I wanted to check out another unique LP that arrived recently. First tri-fold of this nature that I've seen Like pages in a book there are three records lined up. There's some chatter mixed in between some of the tunes and no denying that their were some country music heavyweights on this one.

First up was "The Grand Old Opry Song" then "Keep on the Sunny Side"

I recall Hee Haw being on the tv sounding like this sometimes... knee slapping, foot stomping fun stuff:

IMG-20200524-201218.jpg

IMG-20200524-201240.jpg

I've seen side 1 and side 4 on the same record but never side 1 and side 6!

• Like 5

Yes it is, and I've got a few more of those but not his most recent duets with that pretty lady.

Reminded me of how since Kashmir had the middle eastern characteristics to the tune or D'yer Mak'er had the slight reggae undertones to it. He wasn't to be stereotyped. 

His solo stuff is all his own, no repetition from his fabled years lauded as the best rock singer!

And if I didn't agree with that I'd get an earful around here!

Call the Veterans in your family if you haven't already fellow Americans. Let them know they're appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gone through side one of this now and this was an idea of Jon Lord for his "Group and Orchestra" that turned into "amplified instruments and orchestra".

Always liked Deep Purple but this isn't their rock opera... Its more a one off that's pretty nice.

IMG-20200525-212838.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2