Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Mentioned it last night and I ended up renting it today on primetv. Both enjoyed it and remembered parts of it like the guy on the smokey moped zooming around the town. Better than playing rummy and watching the grass grow!

You've hit a motherlode also, nice six eyes labels you've got!

Lots of good characters in that film.  I loved the beautiful and haughty marine biologist with webbed toes.

• Like 3

Yea they showed that near the end!

The twit really dug her!

* Believe Monty Python defined a twit.

Not trying to be callous but if your arms spin around in circles below your elbows when you try to run....

"Here's You Sign"

Edited by JohnJ
disclaimer
  • Like 3

Good evening friends and GOOD MORNING Paul, getting near lunch time for you now ^_^..   Meanwhile, over in RTM and wanted to join in for a spin of an LP.  Been thinking about this one for a long while and wanted to hear it yet again.  Marillion - Clutching at Straws on 180 gram.   Listening through the Martin Logan ESL 9's and Parasound Halo A-21 and Halo P6 preamp sounding BIG and WARM :emotion-21:  Here is the cover of the gate fold..DSCN2847.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening friends and GOOD MORNING Paul, getting near lunch time for you now ^_^..   Meanwhile, over in RTM and wanted to join in for a spin of an LP.  Been thinking about this one for a long while and wanted to hear it yet again.  Marillion - Clutching at Straws on 180 gram.   Listening through the Martin Logan ESL 9's and Parasound Halo A-21 and Halo P6 preamp sounding BIG and WARM :emotion-21:  Here is the cover of the gate fold..

That is one great album mate 

Can you help out @sputnik with those classic Jazz LPs and the labels he just acquired 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Paul, I am not sure how I can help exactly.   I think all is under control :)..   Meanwhile, listening and enjoying Side 3....   Yes, originally released as a single LP, but remastered and moved to TWO discs for wide dynamic range etc.   This is a VERY quiet pressing as well !   DSCN2850.jpg

• Like 3

Presenting a very diverse album that spans several genres - They are jazz/rock , baroque, Prog, art/rock &  fusion 

Yep that about sums it up 

This album is unique and on a very quiet day with a glass of vino it’s just a pleasure to listen to it for a few spins 

Enjoy and I’m thinking of you @Tigerman 🍷 

Artist - Jan Akkerman ‎

Title - Tabernakel

74-B5344-E-DF1-F-474-A-BC1-C-DCEB7-CA563

• Like 6

Testing your artist knowledge now 

Does anyone remember any of these bands - listed on the cover from the late sixties to early seventies 

Various ‎Artists 

Title - The MCA Sound Conspiracy

This album is an Australian pressing from 1971 

3-E15-B5-EA-4-D90-4-E85-964-A-2936-AE2-E

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

Testing your artist knowledge now 

Does anyone remember any of these bands - listed on the cover from the late sixties to early seventies 

Various ‎Artists 

Title - The MCA Sound Conspiracy

This album is an Australian pressing from 1971 

3-E15-B5-EA-4-D90-4-E85-964-A-2936-AE2-E

Wishbone Ash was in Seattle the last 2 years at the Triple Door. The original two guitar hack attack. Still great. I listen to their live album often.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

Presenting a very diverse album that spans several genres - They are jazz/rock , baroque, Prog, art/rock &  fusion 

Yep that about sums it up 

This album is unique and on a very quiet day with a glass of vino it’s just a pleasure to listen to it for a few spins 

Enjoy and I’m thinking of you @Tigerman 🍷 

Artist - Jan Akkerman ‎

Title - Tabernakel

74-B5344-E-DF1-F-474-A-BC1-C-DCEB7-CA563

Thank you Paul.  Your are ready for breakfast and coffee...............I am getting ready for dinner and YES, stopped at the wine shop today and picked up more VINO of course:),  I will check into this album you suggest, I have premium Spotify and it will hopefully find it within an instant.   Cheers mate , and have a good day 🍷

• Like 2

Hey there Paul and friends!, I found it right away.  I am really liking it alot, the orchestrations in the first track are wonderful and for a 1973 recording, sounds might good :emotion-21:.  Showing here using the laptop as a controller, but streaming thought the Marantz AVR in 2.2 audio as seen on the big screen in the background where the camera focused, nearfield blurry.  And yes, glass of wine poured, here we go 🍷 !  DSCN2853.jpg

• Like 4

Tried out another ELP, the one that is posted all over these forums that I'd never heard the whole thing. Did Emerson and Wakeman ever do recordings together? Yea Greg can sing well everybody knows but even with having their greatest hits and hearing their stuff on the radio back in the day I didn't realize how much a keyboard wizard Emerson was. With the five I have now I don't have any doubts.

ELP:

Tarkus

IMG-20200530-203456.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Tried out another ELP, the one that is posted all over these forums that I'd never heard the whole thing. Did Emerson and Wakeman ever do recordings together? Yea Greg can sing well everybody knows but even with having their greatest hits and hearing their stuff on the radio back in the day I didn't realize how much a keyboard wizard Emerson was. With the four I have now I don't have any doubts.

ELP:

Tarkus

IMG-20200530-203456.jpg

A great day of discoveries John, cheers ! 🍷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1