Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& now back to my expected genre

"The Worst of Jefferson Airplane"

IMG-20200609-210649.jpg

It's got Find Somebody to Love and White Rabbit...

Sounds alright by me. 

osterhase39.gif

I also have a white rabbit. The album is called " white rabbit " from George Benson and was released in 1979 on the CTI label (USA) with the musicians Airto Moreira, Herbie Hancock, Earl Klugh, Jay Berliner, Billy Cobham and Ron Carter. It is very rare.

1527736526_whiterabbitkleiner.jpg.c1aa247667972b955c8a5eb5f0882cbc.jpg

• Like 4

Do you still have rubber mats on the turntables?

I replaced my original Micro Seiki platter rubber mat years ago. The goal was to optimize the pickup's scanning behavior. Then I installed a " Transrotor " carbonacrylate plate in combination with a leather mat. The result was an audible improvement in the richness of detail when listening to a record. But this only works with tonearms with the possibility of vertical tracking angle, because then you have to align the tonearm parallel to the turntable, depending on the thickness of the support. I can highly recommend this "fine tuning". These are not the giant leaps of a sound improvement but, with records that you know very well, you can hear an improved reproduction quality. And these tuning measures are really not expensive. Therefore it is worth to take a few $ for it in the hand. There are different types of turntable mats, such as cork, carbon, felt and others. Which of these fits which turntable concept depends on the technical construction of the turntable. For Thorens or Linn concepts the cork mats fit very well, for turntables with a lot of metal the carbon / leather versions fit very well. This has nothing to do with " VOODOO ", I only describe my individual experiences from over 40 years of listening to records and I didn't want to withhold this information from you.

Carbonacrylat Mat :

microcarbonkleiner.thumb.jpg.d969e387b1fdd55829a65027c0ff9ae7.jpg

and here with the leather mat over the carbonacrylat mat.

microlederkleiner.thumb.jpg.a8c7e4ff53e422534867d364fd2ccdee.jpg

http://www.analogis.eu/6119_en.html

Should be available in the USA , as well !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My new one came with a bs felt mat. Geeze if it's supposed to be a decent audiophile tt seems they would use a mat that did not facilitate static!!!

Picked up a leather one pretty soon after and @MicroMara it does work with other practices to help inhibit static.

And that term decoupling comes to mind, even directly under the vinyl it can play a part can't it?

searched this thread and found that mat I got from amazon. Here is their site:

http://hideinthesound.com/?product_cat=suede-mats

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

My new one came with a bs felt mat. Geeze if it's supposed to be a decent audiophile tt seems they would use a mat that did not facilitate static!!!

Picked up a leather one pretty soon after and @MicroMara it does work with other practices to help inhibit static.

And that term decoupling comes to mind, even directly under the vinyl it can play a part can't it?

Yes, it is about decoupling the record from the turntable and the associated resonance reduction at the pickup. All in all, the pickup is more precise and therefore more detailed in the sampling. It's fine that you don't have a rubber mat on your Pro-Ject. After all, you want to get the most out of your components and for me, this has nothing to do with " audiophile snobbery. Also the static charge of a record ( crackling ) is minimized. 

• Like 3

bad info removed

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hide+in+the+sound&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A9977443011&dc&crid=3RRX7TUHJ7017&qid=1591823393&rnid=2941120011&sprefix=hidein+the+sound%2Caps%2C138&ref=sr_nr_n_2

* no no on the flood, :P just two Leo's,   20 + Beatles from the 60s and 20 + Dylan too alas I sold the Poco and a few more mellow harmonizing bands, kept the Jim Croce and the New Riders of the Purple Sage

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm glad I got mine when I did the price has doubled since pro-ject bought them out. 

amazon reviewers there sounded like it wasn't even smooth / more smooth suede like I managed to get from that small shop!

* no no on the flood, :P just two Leo's,   20 + Beatles from the 60s and 20 + Dylan too alas I sold the Poco and a few more mellow harmonizing bands, kept the Jim Croce and the New Riders of the Purple Sage

Right..... wasn´t it  Ice Water, Greenhouse and 6 & 12 Strings ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Right..... wasn´t it  Ice Water, Greenhouse and 6 & 12 Strings ?

:blush:

YES, you're right. Three.

Dude, I've got so many new to me that I haven't even listened to them all!

Toybox is full of them, working on a package for someone and the record store finally re-opened. One customer inside at a time, and they have to pay some bills before they can think about buying records again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1