Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 6/7/2020 at 3:20 PM, MicroMara said:

David Ian "Joe" Jackson (born 11 August 1954) is an English musician and singer-songwriter. Having spent years studying music and playing clubs, Jackson scored a hit with his first release, "Is She Really Going Out with Him?", in 1979. This was followed by a number of new wave singles before he moved to more jazz-inflected pop music and had a Top 10 hit in 1982 with "Steppin' Out". He is associated with the 1980s Second British Invasion of the US. He has also composed classical music. He has recorded 19 studio albums and received 5 Grammy Award nominations.

JoeJacksonkleiner.thumb.jpg.660e683eb7988b58d757dbfed6c205d3.jpg

I saw it in concert in 1979 or 1980 = GREAT !!! 

• Like 4

On 6/10/2020 at 9:59 PM, MicroMara said:

Do you still have rubber mats on the turntables?

I replaced my original Micro Seiki platter rubber mat years ago. The goal was to optimize the pickup's scanning behavior. Then I installed a " Transrotor " carbonacrylate plate in combination with a leather mat. The result was an audible improvement in the richness of detail when listening to a record. But this only works with tonearms with the possibility of vertical tracking angle, because then you have to align the tonearm parallel to the turntable, depending on the thickness of the support. I can highly recommend this "fine tuning". These are not the giant leaps of a sound improvement but, with records that you know very well, you can hear an improved reproduction quality. And these tuning measures are really not expensive. Therefore it is worth to take a few $ for it in the hand. There are different types of turntable mats, such as cork, carbon, felt and others. Which of these fits which turntable concept depends on the technical construction of the turntable. For Thorens or Linn concepts the cork mats fit very well, for turntables with a lot of metal the carbon / leather versions fit very well. This has nothing to do with " VOODOO ", I only describe my individual experiences from over 40 years of listening to records and I didn't want to withhold this information from you.

Carbonacrylat Mat :

microcarbonkleiner.thumb.jpg.d969e387b1fdd55829a65027c0ff9ae7.jpg

and here with the leather mat over the carbonacrylat mat.

microlederkleiner.thumb.jpg.a8c7e4ff53e422534867d364fd2ccdee.jpg

http://www.analogis.eu/6119_en.html

Should be available in the USA , as well !

No no rubber tray cover at my place. I have a tray cover of 3mm Delta Device, it is acrylic from this manufacturer Tizo Acryl from your country: http://www.acrylteller.com/epages/es122814.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122814_acrylteller/Products/4428/SubProducts/442820

I combined it with a cork tray cover

628607276_DSC_0939(2).thumb.JPG.937fb96105cf4e270f5dca7966206e98.JPGDSC_0941.thumb.JPG.e692163f3e526cc28547b15abfccef7f.JPG

4ewe.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

It's my birthday today 😄
So I got a gift of some nice new and used Jazz records. I buy them at Jazz Messengers in Barcelona in Spain. I had a nice store bag in the package 👍

Yay Happy Birthday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Happy Birthday @mustang_flht another Gemini with me here! 

Mine is next week and a little bird (niece) told me I'm getting some more of those records soon!

Ay ya yaaaa!  Gotta move some!

Happy birthday for next week 🍰🍰🍰

My daughter is also a Gemini ️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good evening my friends and good morning to you Paul !   Enjoying my first spin of the evening over in RTM and as always, will share my vinyl spins here too!  So, here is the LP of the evening.  From a 1956 re-release recording of the Sonny Rollins Quartet.  Album cover art...DSCN9970.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks Paul.

& I've got a surprise for you too!

Look what I've got to experience tonight, well now actually.

Only on the second tune and it is more like the live one that @dirtmudd sent here to widen my Led Zeppelin leaning tastesB)

IMG-20200612-201747.jpg

That is a gem 💎 of an album 

Enjoy it often as it will become a favourite 

• Like 4

10 days and counting here.  If this yard work doesn't kill me first.  Happy birthday @mustang_flht & @JohnJ!  Too stinking sore and tired to even THINK about chasing LP's this evening!  Next up the chainsaw work but it's in the shop getting gone over.  Hope they take their good old time too!  Tomorrow?  Imma gonna crank!  :)

Wait!  Imma gonna go get a doughnut!  Just sounds good!  Had a bag of frozen peas nuked earlier for dinner.  How nuts is that?  STILL have the sirloin to go with them laying in the fridge!  Told ya I'm TIRED!  HAHAHA!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening my friends and good morning to you Paul !   Enjoying my first spin of the evening over in RTM and as always, will share my vinyl spins here too!  So, here is the LP of the evening.  From a 1956 re-release recording of the Sonny Rollins Quartet.  Album cover art...

That is a Jazz classic 

I have heard it but unfortunately don’t have it in my collection 

Edit 

Hold on -  Hold on 

I do have it on LP 😱

I tricked myself as my memory is failing me 

https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/4085008

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Going through some of my oldest records.  This is the first album that I ever bought.  I wanted to start a DG recording collection in my teens but not start with the usual Bach or Beethoven and the cover looked so classy on this one.  I thought by my age now that I’d have have a wall full of black an yellow labels but I think I only have about a dozen and those are mostly in boxes.  This is a very nice recording and still sounds clean after 45 years of being lugged around the world.

FAE3AE76-3A3D-4D65-82CF-5708882057B0.jpeg

• Like 5

Another from my long forgotten dabbling effort to acquire class.  I bought this one simply because the actress on the cover reminded of my high school sweetie and I thought it was about time to pick up some Mozart anyway.  I eventually saw “Elvira Madigan” (the quintessential schmaltzy romantic chick flick) at a foreign film festival with another girlfriend who commented on how beautiful she thought the actress was.  After the movie, we went back to my humble college abode (a tiny stone cabin holdover from the early Model T touring days) and I played the album as we downed a bottle of Auslese from Flintstone juice glasses by candle light......yada yada.  These old albums do contain some nice memories, I’m glad that I hung on to them.

A06673A9-7204-41CA-B916-C4FB66787204.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks Paul.

& I've got a surprise for you too!

Look what I've got to experience tonight, well now actually.

Only on the second tune and it is more like the live one that @dirtmudd sent here to widen my Led Zeppelin leaning tastesB)

IMG-20200612-201747.jpg

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

That is a gem 💎 of an album 

Enjoy it often as it will become a favourite 

A-Trick-Of-The-Tail-1.jpg

Number 9 this should be the

following up.. On your next Genesis adventure !

It's Phil on vocal duties... And it's a excellent recording..

• Like 5
  • Sad 1