Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@dirtmudd

That one was in with the first batch but it must have been liked... was scratched all to h*ll. Ultrasound does have limits and that one, a few Allman Bros and a couple Clapton were not like the majority that appear unplayed.

Really noticing the bass... the by the lb record plays it back very well like the live record. Having stock H2s for almost thirty years then going down to 38hz with the F3s whetted my appetite for all I could get.

Lots of familiar LPs sound so different with my rig broadcasting down to 18hz! The old Genesis utilizes the low notes too.

• Like 7

I run Cornwall IIs at home and Forte IIs at our other property and there’s a lot of music between the bottom end of the Forte II (32Hz) and the Cornwall II (38Hz).  I abided by the old mantra that subs are for HT effects but for music, “ya don’t need no stinkin’ sub with Fortes or Khorns.”  So, I have no idea what music lurks beneath the floor of my ol’ Fortes. I think my next 2-ch system related purchase will have to be a sub.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Another one of my oldies - Paul Horn, “Inside the Great Pyramid”

Solo flute improvisations recorded within the chambers of the Great Pyramid.  Vintage New Age (how’s that for a genre?) and very cool recording with ancient acoustics.  

C60D076A-0B5C-45A9-A84D-8DB76D165898.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Half dozen or more each Stones, Seger, Spirit, Springsteen, Seals & Crofts made it here today. Good deal for the tuna casserole & fried chicken I made! Good grief, forgot how much food an almost six foot 14 year old boy could eat! Got to go to the store again tonight!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Woke up this Sunday morning to steady rain and chose to stay in bed a little longer - it was nice 

I was in bright mood and chose an album randomly from the rack 

That album happened to be from the Disco genre - had a lot of fun and almost pulled my back out trying to replicate the dance moves of the past 😱

Artist - Bee Gees 

Title - Greatest 

E259652-E-0273-4210-8-F30-ACE9-CBCF725-F

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This evening I wanted to relax to some classic Jazz 

It was hard to chose an album from the collection- but settled on the brilliant sounds of saxophone 

I was partly inspired by @Tigerman s post 👌

Artist - Sonny Rollins 

Title - Saxophone Colossus 

2429629-E-88-BD-48-EB-BD59-4-F3356-D7-C6

• Like 7

Gentlemen....imagine listening to all your vinyl without a pop, tic, or other surface noise.  It's now possible but not cheap.  I purchased the basic Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 for $1500 after waiting for awhile to find one.  Not you dads pop and tic machine from the 70s but a cutting edge technology that makes even the deeply scratched LPs sound great.  It doesn't simply lop off the top and bottom of the frequency range.

I'm sharing because I know how much you guys enjoy vinyl.  Take Michael Fremer's review in Analog Planet as an accurate report.

If I ever win the lottery I will buy you folks a unit but for now know I am thrilled with mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

That's great Chuck, I've let some beauties pass through here because I knew the gouges wouldn't be assuaged. Kept one with a chip out of the edge because I like it but put fluorescent green tape on it so I'd never miss seeing that. Same tape I made the mark on my integrated's volume pot!

The YAH I had for years had a red led in the knob, the new amp it's a slight indent in a matte black dial, now I know where it is when I power up. 

IMG-20200614-174040.jpg

• Like 5

Yup, werkin too hard and needed a fix so unzipped a few...

Psychedelic, 1968, Debut album, jammin?  Well, h3ll ya!

IMG-20200606-165850248.jpg

Duane & Gregg did crank one or two out yanno.  1966 was a great year for them after John D. Loudermilk found them!

IMG-20200606-180253360.jpg

Yea, ya can't trash talk Billy Joel.  You can try but it just won't work.  150 million albums sold world-wide and the 3rd best selling solo artist in the US?  Piano lessons cause Mom said so, quits high school to chase his dream?  Geez what a pair he had!  1971 with things in the US?  Ya just didn't chase a dream but it worked!

IMG-20200606-180558036.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Gentlemen....imagine listening to all your vinyl without a pop, tic, or other surface noise.  It's now possible but not cheap.  I purchased the basic Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 for $1500 after waiting for awhile to find one.  Not you dads pop and tic machine from the 70s but a cutting edge technology that makes even the deeply scratched LPs sound great.  It doesn't simply lop off the top and bottom of the frequency range.

I'm sharing because I know how much you guys enjoy vinyl.  Take Michael Fremer's review in Analog Planet as an accurate report.

If I ever win the lottery I will buy you folks a unit but for now know I am thrilled with mine.

Of course it works!  hahaha  Lottery my rear.  I don't even know who or where my toaster is coming from but I haven't seen that yet either.   Lottery?  Poppycock!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2