Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Gentlemen....imagine listening to all your vinyl without a pop, tic, or other surface noise.  It's now possible but not cheap.  I purchased the basic Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 for $1500 after waiting for awhile to find one.  Not you dads pop and tic machine from the 70s but a cutting edge technology that makes even the deeply scratched LPs sound great.  It doesn't simply lop off the top and bottom of the frequency range.

I'm sharing because I know how much you guys enjoy vinyl.  Take Michael Fremer's review in Analog Planet as an accurate report.

If I ever win the lottery I will buy you folks a unit but for now know I am thrilled with mine.

Chuck if you don't win..

I will take anyone of these..

I'm sure they would take care of any pops or tics..

Pin image

Pin image
Pin image
Pin image

Pin image

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Yea, ya can't trash talk Billy Joel.  You can try but it just won't work.  150 million albums sold world-wide and the 3rd best selling solo artist in the US?  Piano lessons cause Mom said so, quits high school to chase his dream?  Geez what a pair he had!  1971 with things in the US?  Ya just didn't chase a dream but it worked!

Darn Skippy.

I really like when he did ? with Bernie Taupin!

IMG-20200614-190702.jpg

*Geeze that was the biggest brain fart I've ever had!

He said Joel from NYC or thereabouts and I thought Elton from England!

Oh well dig both those piano players, both great, very different though.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Gentlemen....imagine listening to all your vinyl without a pop, tic, or other surface noise.  It's now possible but not cheap.  I purchased the basic Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube SC-1 for $1500 after waiting for awhile to find one.  Not you dads pop and tic machine from the 70s but a cutting edge technology that makes even the deeply scratched LPs sound great.  It doesn't simply lop off the top and bottom of the frequency range.

I'm sharing because I know how much you guys enjoy vinyl.  Take Michael Fremer's review in Analog Planet as an accurate report.

If I ever win the lottery I will buy you folks a unit but for now know I am thrilled with mine.

The new Puffin firmware update now has pop reduction ( It’s named Magic ) 

And it works great - check it out 

And because you already have a Puffin last time I checked - the firmware update is free 

More info and other NEW features below 

Magic: Removes a lot of crud from your vinyl. But doesn't whack it over the head with processing either. The goal is a simple control that is On or Off. I've tried to make it very gentle and non-digital sounding, and actually used an analog-like technique. This is intended to be used all the time and makes your best LPs sound better. Like they're extra clean. Scratched up records will receive some help, but don't demo Magic using them - use the good stuff.

Grade: Use this to grade your records - either to sort out dupes or find which records may need to be upgraded. Turn Grade on after the music fades in and turn off just as the music fades out. This cuts out all the noise in the beginning and runout grooves which affect the grade. Uses the American Grading System: A+, A, A-, ... D-, F. So you grade each side. Note that Grade is unaffected by Magic (i.e. grades it without the Magic corrections).

DeRumble is a true rumble filter using the Macaulay Method of summing the low bass to eliminate out-of-phase vertical rumble from the turntable

http://www.parksaudiollc.com/firmware.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Of course it works!  hahaha  Lottery my rear.  I don't even know who or where my toaster is coming from but I haven't seen that yet either.   Lottery?  Poppycock!

I was gonna save the toaster for @RandyH 000  but now you can have it...LoL

This trailer shaped like a giant toaster : mildlyinteresting

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have my doubts but you can be sure I'll log into discogs soon and check #s on this list and more.

Seems like not the best source for info like this and Highly Valued but it was tucked inside "The Freewheelin' "

IMG-20200615-154952.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I was gonna save the toaster for @RandyH 000  but now you can have it...LoL

This trailer shaped like a giant toaster : mildlyinteresting

I'll even pay the shipping!  Lawdy the looks I'd get pullin that into next year's Pilgrimage down in Hope, AK!  I'd have my grin on fo sure!   Thanks brother!   :)

@Tarheel  you can keep that toaster!  😂  😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got politely booted off the pc earlier.

Other stuff did get in the way and I lost some time but did get a bit done since this afternoon.

IMG-20200615-223045.jpg

@billybob don't have that Seeger System that you posted recently that I like, but do have a couple others. My Night Moves was on cassette so it's nice to have that again, same with Goats Head Soup my second favorite Stones LP. Could have gone without picking up those Hot Rocks best of records last year, got `em all how they came out now!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I have my doubts but you can be sure I'll log into discogs soon and check #s on this list and more.

Seems like not the best source for info like this and Highly Valued but it was tucked inside "The Freewheelin' "

IMG-20200615-154952.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, these are prices. But they are certainly rarities and then have their corresponding value with collectors.
Speaking of prices for new and used records: Here in Europe the prices for vinyl have increased incredibly over the last 8 - 10 years. Good (near mint) LP's one gets rarely under 35 - 40 € / piece. New pressings of old plates are also around 30 - 40 € / piece. Around the year 2010 you could get records thrown at every corner for partly 0,50 €cent to max. 10 € / piece. Then the Dutch came and bought up almost all the stock. Since then you have to dig deeper into your pocket to buy a record. With CD`s the opposite happens (because of streaming providers), the prices fall and fall. So it is worthwhile to update the CD collection.  

Ja Ja it´s all about    smilie_shop_022.gif

• Like 4

I've got about five cds in my cabinet that are lifeless and don't produce adequate dbs compared to all the rest. Too bad I haven't found those in this inherited collection.

Think that 1997 article was wishful sensationalism and maybe that was when LPs weren't being produced much at all. What I've seen at discogs already doesn't inform me well about the M media and VG - NM covers I have here now. Got that Beatles album in the toybox also!

Got some pretty music on after my second am started around 9am.

Joni Mitchell

Court & Spark

IMG-20200616-124911.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Not as "produced" as what I heard from Bob Seger when I first heard him in the late 70s, I've got more to explore if we get all the rain that's in the pictorial diagrams for this week.

IMG-20200616-140401.jpg

Let it rain...Those 3 there I posted here...not the one in the foreground. The Noah had on tape as well as the Seven and OP's. Have the Beautiful Loser posted and I think a couple of the later CD's. Had the double Live SBB, now only one. So, some lps, do not have. Think you did good, as the earlier System shows the history going from them to the 72 lp, to the Smokin' lp and then Loser lp, Night Moves.

Glad you saw them live. Their music and fans grew from 69 to 75

mostly by attending live performance, as their music always presented well to live.

BTW, the Noah lp was 68 not 9

to my failing recollect.

• Like 5