Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Yea man I'm doin' deja vu all over the place today. Smokin' I've got on the cd and vinyl now!

"Tales of Lucy Blue" I didn't read, just put side one on and the first drum beat I knew it. Then read on the back Gamblin' Ramblin'

I'd say I did alright too:o I've got milk crates about to bust their sides out!

IMG-20200616-154511.jpg

IMG-20200616-161710.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If you don't recall the melding of guitar and keyboards that was done often in the early 70s sit back for thirty and give this one a decent listen.

Some Girls is the only Stones that I dig more than this one!

IMG-20200616-162025.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Joe B?  Would be an interesting album I think.  I'm still not totally sold on him though.  I have zero Joe B in my collection.  Sure he can play but some of the other things he does or tries to do is just sacrilige.   :)  My brother-in-law, (who did swear by Bose until he heard my LS) just loves him.  Tell ya anything?  lol   Lemme know how it sounds @KROCK   BTW did that HONK album scratch your back a lil?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Joe B?  Would be an interesting album I think.  I'm still not totally sold on him though.  I have zero Joe B in my collection.  Sure he can play but some of the other things he does or tries to do is just sacrilige.   :)  My brother-in-law, (who did swear by Bose until he heard my LS) just loves him.  Tell ya anything?  lol   Lemme know how it sounds @KROCK 

Me either on JB... Swear at Bose now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Joe B?  Would be an interesting album I think.  I'm still not totally sold on him though.  I have zero Joe B in my collection.  Sure he can play but some of the other things he does or tries to do is just sacrilige.   :)  My brother-in-law, (who did swear by Bose until he heard my LS) just loves him.  Tell ya anything?  lol   Lemme know how it sounds @KROCK 

Granted, He's no Stevie Ray. He still has talent. This LP sounds better then some of his other recordings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@KROCK I agree with that totally.  He's good, it's just some of the things he's pulled or tried to pull with a lot of other great artists.  Sometime it works and at other times it doesn't.  Make your own name not ride the coat tails of other greats lifting passages, etc.  A lot of the greats do it but they've all paid the price in their own way and respect each other.  JB gets just a bit greedy imo a lot of the time in his work.  He's good though.  Can't take that away from him.  Just my thoughts on it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Me either on JB... Swear at Bose now...

You should have seen the folks stop and look at the two pair of 501s I put at the street last decade. Mom-in-law wanted them and I let her "borrow" them so I could have some quiet (not from the tunes).

Ten years after FL my X drops them by here. I was like whaaa? I'd counted them long gone.

They looked like a drunk had wanted to see the drivers and then put the cloth back on. & she had married one.

Sat out there overnight before someone picked them up.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

You should have seen the folks stop and look at the two pair of 501s I put at the street last decade. Mom-in-law wanted them and I let her "borrow" them so I could have some quiet (not from the tunes).

Ten years after FL my X drops them by here. I was like whaaa? I'd counted them long gone.

They looked like a drunk had wanted to see the drivers and then put the cloth back on. & she had married one.

Sat out there overnight before someone picked them up.

That's funny... guess you could have put a sign on them. Leave the money they are worth to you...lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, billybob said:

That's funny... guess you could have put a sign on them. Leave the money they are worth to you...lol

I did have a rep around here then since we played glow in the dark frisbee at the school three blocks away while jammin' from the house with those boz speakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The night he made me late for my date I asked him if he was gonna play "Born to Run" & "Jungleland" he said maybe!

IMG-20200616-223741.jpg

He played both the second night when I saw the show plus some from this record. He put on a great show... not with the pyrotechnics or stuff. He is a performer and big Clarence Clemmons was doing the Rock & Roll Sax like no one else ever could!

• Like 2