Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

My understanding is it was to be put out somewhere in the early 70's(?)  Does it sound inline to the records of that era? Goldrush? Harvest? That was/is my favorite time frame for his releases.

Haven't had time to settle in w/it much.  It's him.  Better jump Fish, jump!   :) 

Just jump right in there brother!  😇  😂

• Like 5

On 6/20/2020 at 5:03 AM, Full Range said:

It is a cold, wet and foggy morning up here in gods country we call Queensland 😎

You will see how I relax while listening to music 

So it’s time to spin a record 

And today’s pick is a fantastic live Prog album that I love as it has some fabulous tracks on it 

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Live 

058-E8307-D84-F-40-B4-9765-FA0-E0-D46086

70750-A26-52-CC-4415-A27-A-7-E545807-BAE

YEAH YEAH YEAH @Full Range  ....this is the place to be ....keep on listening and enjoy

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

and then directly afterwards the famous group " the talking heads " with probably the best music film of all times ...STOP MAKING SENSE

The 1984 show offered by the "Talking Heads" at the Pantage Theatre in Los Angeles was one of the best that rock had to offer that year. David Byrne takes centre stage with his wild singing and his very own body language. The award-winning director Jonathan Demme ("Silence of the Lambs", "Philadelphia") dispensed with the usual clichés of the genre and concentrated on captivating the audience. The audience doesn't just watch a movie, they find themselves in a rock concert, clapping loudly after each song, dancing on the chairs and in front of the screen.  Besides the unique performance of the "Talking Heads", the concert film with world-famous hits like "Psycho Killer", "Burning Down The House" or "Once in a Lifetime" is a real highlight in the history of music!

TalkingHeadskleiner.thumb.jpg.6ac0f9c9fa8bf57287254844c7cad60b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@billybob On Saturday I heard the complete album of Zappa ( Philly 76 ) and there is a piece of music that might be of special interest for you. Because I remembered that you have a Poodles I had to think of you  laughing.gif

"Poodle Bites... Poodle Chews It!"

It's kinda sad I know so many Zappa lyrics. Or maybe not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Found a bit more on Neil Young's new LP.

Neil Young puts it best:
"This album is the unheard bridge between Harvest and Comes a Time".
Recorded between June 1974 and January 1975, Homegrown was intended to come out in 1975 before Neil cancelled the release. The album has remained unreleased until now, achieving a legendary status among Neil Young fans in the process.
The album is made up of twelve Neil Young songs, of which seven are previously unreleased - "Separate Ways," "Try," "Mexico," "Kansas," "We Don’t Smoke It No More," "Vacancy" and "Florida" (a spoken word narration). Also included are the first recordings of "Love Is A Rose," "Homegrown," "White Line", "Little Wing," and "Star Of Bethlehem" – different versions of which would all later appear on other Neil Young albums.
Neil plays solo on some tracks (guitar, piano and harmonica), and is joined by a band of friends on other tracks, including Levon Helm, Ben Keith, Karl T Himmel, Tim Drummond, Emmylou Harris and Robbie Robertson.
Recorded in analog, and mastered from the original master tapes, this long-lost album is a wonderful addition to Neil’s incomparable catalog.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 6/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, mustang_flht said:

Hi guys !

It's my birthday today 😄
So I got a gift of some nice new and used Jazz records. I buy them at Jazz Messengers in Barcelona in Spain. I had a nice store bag in the package 👍

1538618889_DSC_0767(2).thumb.JPG.e9b3417a03aae5337cc427789405408b.JPG2063763977_DSC_0766(2).thumb.JPG.64dca8075ad17f2bea47b20e35dcd109.JPG

• Like 4

Playing a 3 LP box set A Euro release from 1990 
These live tracks were recorded at Radio City Music Hall, New York, Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles and various other concerts during the US Tour 1989 

Artist - The Who

Title - Join Together 

https://www.discogs.com/The-Who-Join-Together/release/2240056

14-CD7-F2-B-909-A-49-C2-8-C8-A-2-D5-B658

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, JohnJ said:

Joan Armatrading has a voice I like. Got her on a cassette from long ago. amnesty intl. concert at the Meadowlands broadcast on the King Biscuit Flour Hour. 

IMG-20200619-081107.jpg

@Dave1290

You talking about the deep-purple-cat (black out) uniforms?

I have the perfect tape deck for you smilie_sh_024.gif

Teackleiner.thumb.jpg.35dbd8ac8243aa9222b835ee36743fb4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2