Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

18 hours ago, Full Range said:

Let’s follow up my last spin with a double album 

A Prog album that became a favourite - I’m sure most here would know it by reputation & sight 

Artist - Focus

Title - Focus 3

7-C8209-BE-23-F9-43-D5-8-B37-9-F765-DE1-

can´t see your feet, where are you ? smilie_happy_310.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@MicroMara I had a very good Teac cassette deck for a few years. Traded it to my roommate in Stone Mountain GA for a beautiful new chalky medium blue La-Z-Boy Recliner! It was JVC deck afterwards for a long time.

Back to the LPs 

Some more form the birthday haul!

the Doobie Brothers

Takin' it to the Streets

IMG-20200626-215557.jpg

Excellent easy going 70s rock!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This next album is from a Sydney band from the 70s that I actually seen them playing when I was living in Newcastle 

They released about 5 albums but members changed on almost every release ( But I only have this album in the collection) 

Hard rock at its best with a similar style to Black Sabbath if not better 

Not sure if anyone else has any Buffalo albums 

Anyone like the cover 

Artist - Buffalo 

Title - Only Want You For Your Body 

CC1-C9574-0-F40-4-D44-9020-599-D008-FDDB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

After I spent the late afternoon and early evening with a jazz CD session ( you can see at " Right this Minute Thread " ) I had to activate my TT again. At the moment I am enjoying Jan Akkermann & Kaz Lux with the album " Transparental ". Deutsche Grammophon , Polydor Label, 1980.

20200627_231516.thumb.jpg.63fb6a3ae38f7a0286dda8327479dc54.jpg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

After I spent the late afternoon and early evening with a jazz CD session ( you can see at " Right this Minute Thread " ) I had to activate my TT again. At the moment I am enjoying Jan Akkermann & Kaz Lux with the album " Transparental ". Deutsche Grammophon , Polydor Label, 1980.

20200627_231335.thumb.jpg.79bd68de7947dd321357ceb998bf0d31.jpg

Can't see your feet, where are you? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

From my Peter Green (former Fleetwood Mac Frontman) trilogy I am currently enjoying the album " Watcha gonna do ". The other two albums of his are called " Little Dreamer and "In the skies". I think all 3 albums are really wonderful

20200627_234910.thumb.jpg.efebe243bbb33b5e1a9baa980a491007.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

At the moment I am enjoying Jan Akkermann & Kaz Lux with the album " Transparental ". Deutsche Grammophon , Polydor Label, 1980.

I am enjoying listening the music video you posted 

It’s very upbeat 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

From my Peter Green (former Fleetwood Mac Frontman) trilogy I am currently enjoying the album " Watcha gonna do ". The other two albums of his are called " Little Dreamer and In the skies. I think all 3 albums are really wonderful

Now I’m enjoying this music as well - it’s a little bluesy Rock 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Now I’m enjoying this music as well - it’s a little bluesy Rock 

If you like this kind of soft Blues Rock, than I really recommend this trilogy for you , listen some more on " you tube  " if you want. Record Titels are listed above . 

• Like 5

I'm still trying to get my act together.  Buddy stopped over last evening with a case of Heineken and I forced him to actually LISTEN to a few LP's.  lolol  He likes to think I'm his DJ and here to play for him then put them away.  THAT doesn't happen.  You pull it, you put it away I don't care HOW drunk it is out!  I think we were over-served since I woke up at noon today.  Ha!  Fun pushing a few of his buttons though!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Tonight - a bit of jazz fusion from 1979 with an upbeat rhythm  - you could say it’s toe tapping 

This artist is an Icelandic keyboard player, arranger and producer, that was born in Denmark 

Artist - Jakob Magnusson

Title - Special Treatment

B07-C708-F-7-CA4-4504-83-F7-372-CD7-B012

• Like 5

`Morning folks. Still coming to grips with the doubled record collection. My brother came to town to go see mom in the hospital so I'm at the house all day. This am I'm getting my coffee table back.

Those farm-plast super crates mentioned a few times last year are very good size wise for records. They are deep enough that the LPs do not stick out of the top of the crate.

Unfortunately if you have lost your crates from the 70s or 80s you are out of luck because these are made of a plastic that cannot handle the weight of vinyl.

IMG-20200628-204113.jpg

Half of the furniture included with the collection arrived this morning, these aren't crates this is decent cabinetry!

IMG-20200629-105548.jpg

Now what's in the toy box can go in here if it will stay in vertically!

IMG-20200629-104544.jpg

Will try to join you again spinning soon, before one phone call ends there is another incoming last few days.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

Tonight - a bit of jazz fusion from 1979 with an upbeat rhythm  - you could say it’s toe tapping 

This artist is an Icelandic keyboard player, arranger and producer, that was born in Denmark 

Artist - Jakob Magnusson

Title - Special Treatment

B07-C708-F-7-CA4-4504-83-F7-372-CD7-B012

Yes this is a really good upbeat jazz fusion album with parallels to Weather Report. It reflects the development of instrumental jazz in the late 1970s.

His current album is called " High North " and was released in May this year.

• Like 5