Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Finally opened the box from last week. Got to leave the discogs seller a review and geeze, I've not had time for too much lately. Could be the rig or could be the improved pressing over the original that I knew was kinda lacking. Their earlier stuff live I haven't heard in decades now.

RUSH

All The World's A Stage

IMG-20200630-214207.jpg

• Like 7

road to red

Free Larks Mask with Purchase of a T-Shirt

Move over Taco Tuesdays! We are extending our free mask offer through this Friday, July 3rd.  Each t-shirt purchased witl automatically come with a free Larks mask.
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com%2Fb0d85be9c8c411a87f0f56490%2F_compresseds%2Fe481884f-efc9-44a4-b6bb-38927d8001c7.jpg&t=1593599274&ymreqid=79269d4d-b78a-5905-1c1f-fd000001ce00&sig=FFjMhSIgy_7drkTNOW4V3w--~D
You do not need to do anything other than order a shirt.  One mask per shirt purchased will automatically be included with your order.

Enjoy the tacos, and the music,
The Schizoid Shop Team

• Like 5

Gonna throw this down in here since here is where I've talked about these guys before.  The group is Ekoostik Hooka from Cbus, Ohio with Steve Sweeney on lead and Dave Katz on keyboard.  Steve's played w/Warren and the Govt Mule and imo is the best lead since Joe Walsh to walk out of Ohio.  Fire it up and let it run cause I KNOW you're gonna know the song when they hit it.  Starts about the 16 minute mark.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ha!  Don't need no stinkin USPS when ya got UPS!  What can brown do for me today?  Nada but thanks for makin my day!  Nice lil touch up to the ones I've just about worn out.  Toss in a lil BBK & EC and I can wait for that Stones delivery!  Ha!

IMG-20200701-134107196.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Cranked the BBK & EC "Riding with the King" out earlier and if ya really enjoy the blues it's a keeper if you've never heard it before.  The 20th Anniversary w/a couple unreleased tracks is nice too.  "Rollin' and Tumblin'" along with "Let Me Love You Baby" are nice additions.

Jumped on some Crims and now just pullin a few...  Sounding pretty good outside and since it's the 4th this wkend and supposed to be HOT I'm kinda thunkin.  I'd prolly send the neighbors over the edge.  lol

Supertramp-famous-last-words-1982.jpg

Cheap_Trick.jpg

ELP_-_Tarkus.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

@Dave1290 Now we are talking 

King Crimson all the way - To cool for words 😎

Wellllllll, everything else I have has had the snot played outta them.  Glad I replenished now cause they're gonna be gone and movin up price-wise.  The clarity is amazing and lends even more credibility to their style.  Well worth the bucks imo!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, parlophone1 said:

Has any of you tried new half-speed remasters of Rolling Stones albums? Any opinions on that?

Meaning of May 2020.

Like to have a Tattoo You in that half speed. My Some Girls is very nice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Dang @dirtmudd you're getting into @oldtimer territory huh? 🙈🙉🙊

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like to have a Tattoo You in that half speed. My Some Girls is very nice!

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I just have the old MOFI half speed of Some Girls.  Never felt the need to look for a different copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just jumped in the local LP store, took a bite at "Exile on main street", "Its only rock and roll" and "Black and blue".

Wanted to buy "Voodoo lounge" and "Tattoo you", but those were already sold.

"Black and blue" seems ok on my setup, however after listening "Its only rock`nRoll", it seems a bit unlively. Did not have the time for listening the Exile.

Comparing with some other LPs that I have, it appears that the engineer Miles Showell had it right when saying that improvements are likely to be heard in high and mid frequencies. My initial impressions confirm that.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, parlophone1 said:

Comparing with some other LPs that I have, it appears that the engineer Miles Showell had it right when saying that improvements are likely to be heard in high and mid frequencies. My initial impressions confirm that.

Seems as though that's the positive side to all of the new releases aside from cleaning them up.  Bumped up the mids & highs and let all of us fight over them!  hahaha

• Like 1