Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Seems as though that's the positive side to all of the new releases aside from cleaning them up.  Bumped up the mids & highs and let all of us fight over them!  hahaha

Well, I am usually not so enthusiastic about many new pressings of old productions and therefore I always try to buy original pressings in near mint condition, even if they are more expensive than new pressings. These alleged "audiophile 180 gram" re-releases are for me just a marketing ploy to inspire young inexperienced vinyl newcomers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Well, I am usually not so enthusiastic about many new pressings of old productions and therefore I always try to buy original pressings in near mint condition, even if they are more expensive than new pressings. These alleged "audiophile 180 gram" re-releases are for me just a marketing ploy to inspire young inexperienced vinyl newcomers.

Interesting...

Guys, finally Friday evening, it was a busy work week and I already have finished today at 2 pm. Since the early evening my TT is spinning again and I am now in a good mood , Y E A H !

I started with Richie Havens " Connections " Electra Asylum Record 1979.  His probably most famous song was the interpretation of Lamont Dozier's " Going Back to my Roots " simply great

Havens.thumb.jpg.03170c1b987a13086234c5b0b8f81099.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can´t get enough tonight ....

Atlantis was founded in late summer 1972 by Inga Rumpf (vocals), Jean-Jacques Kravetz (keyboard) and Karl-Heinz Schott (bass). These musicians had previously played with the band Frumpy. The founding line-up also included guitarist Frank Diez and drummer Curt Cress (formerly with the band Emergency).

After a few live gigs in Germany, the first LP was produced in the studios of Island Records in London, which was especially well received in the USA, where Rumpf's blues-oriented voice was appreciated. Diez and Cress left the band after the recordings. For a four week tour through England with Procol Harum and Traffic, George Meier joined Atlantis as guitarist and Udo Lindenberg as drummer. After the tour they were replaced by Dieter Bornschlegel (formerly with the band Traumtorte) and Ringo Funk (formerly with Jeronimo), with whom the second LP It's Getting Better (1973) was recorded.

Atlantis.thumb.jpg.61e46e7e39028636a87d30033deb3b8d.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

and I'm here right now @dirtmudd...the Fripp Virus has infected me as well ...Cheeeeeeeerrrrrsssss  with  Vodka to everybody ...see ya later LLLLOOOOOLLLLLFripp.thumb.jpg.60451070cd3b022486cbc3a555eb68a5.jpg

here comes the flood version

on this album is what PG.. plays live..

and its excellent !

I remember the first time .. that I've listened to this album . a year after its release.. I was blown away by the opening track exposure..

I'm still to this day also...!

most excellent newwave, postpunk, pop album ever !

• Like 4

and I'm here right now @dirtmudd...the Fripp Virus has infected me as well ...Cheeeeeeeerrrrrsssss  with  Vodka to everybody ...see ya later LLLLOOOOOLLLLL

I love this album 

The girl that sang on the track exposure is part of a 3 sister band called the Roches 

Robert Fripp produced the Roches album ( I have it in the collection as well ) 

The_Roches_-_The_Roches.jpg

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Then I was drawn into the 1970s  ...D O O R S ...Full Circle 1972 Elektra Label .

Know that @Dave1290 und @Full Range got this as well ..L O L

No don’t have that album 

and I can´t live without .........dirty Love   smilie_x_056.gif

I love me a little Zappa Magic 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range thought you got it as well , maybe I had a hallucination in this never end thread ...smilie_denk_17.gif

Doors - I have 

LA Woman 

Morrison Hotel 

Soft Parade 

Best Of 

Jim Morrison - An  American Prayer 

A special thanks to Mike  @dirtmudd for sourcing a few of those for me 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Halftime @ the Ohio State/Air Force Liberty Bowl game in Memphis standin on the 50 tellin jokes w/this lil guy in a suit.  I was shooting the game and takin a break.  No idea who he was but we were both laffin then they announced this Lee Greenwood dude.  He said back in a bit and walked out there, took a mic and sang this.  Talk about a WTF moment?  I was waiting w/my hand out.  Told him what a great song, shook his hand and he was gone.  Yup, just like that.  Hahahaha  Enjoy the 4th and be safe out there!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@MicroMara nice rockin' and funky-rock and the pre-disco Atlantis I'm hearing!

& here I go with the other from that deal I got most recently.   It's a rehashed and thrashed quickly pressing :rolleyes: of an old recording that is just..... 

Just as good as someone here said it was a couple months ago!

Quiet with resounding bass, clear highs and "aeroplanes up in the sky"

Literally shames my early 90s cd of this recording but can't play Mother & Goodbye Blue Sky all together.

Easy trade-off, this sounds terrific!

IMG-20200703-215440.jpg

• Like 6

Happy 4th Of July Fireworks Gif Pics to Share

To all of you my dear friends. While you guys are partying, I'm listening to music . Jeff Wayne's musical version of " The War of the Worlds. Last time I heard that was about 40 years ago. No scratches, no cracks. I'm blown away.  The voice of Richard Burton, July Covington, David Essex, Justin Hayward,Philip LYnott,Jo Partridge,Chris Thomson and Jeff Wayne.

WOTWkleiner.thumb.jpg.5fcfeedba9f2a484b2a562cca617f502.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3