Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Haven't heard that in over 30 years. Today I understand music from the 1970s much better. Not only because my understanding of the English language has improved over the decades, but also because I have developed a completely different relationship to music from that time. This is probably due to my youthful age and of course my audio gear .

U.K.kleiner.thumb.jpg.39d8896e913f8f988d2a7f5f3741d574.jpg

one of my favorites and most played

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@Tarheel  ^^^^^^^^^^^ What Mike said!  I wasn't positive on your final set up.  That should work quite nicely!

Thanks guys.  Added a SVS PC-2000 sub even though the Spatials get down to 32hz.  And for streaming/DAC the Node 2i.  Tinkering around with toe in I found it made little difference.  The Spatials are self cancelling to the sides so first reflection is not a problem.

IMG_9985.JPG

IMG_9984.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

• Like 6

Good Morning @Tarheel

Is your TT behind the door under the Prima Luna?

If I ever made it over there you would have a hard time getting me to leave one of those zero-gravity recliners!!

To understate it, nice listening area!

• Like 2

I ordered the cabinet with a pull out for the turn table and it's behind the door on the right.  I saw a picture Chris A. posted and the zero gravity chairs were in the back ground.  I messaged him and he gave me the low down.  They are comfy.  That is the music room at lady friends place.  I have a larger one (below) at my place but am rarely there.

IMG_1393.JPG

• Like 4

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread.  So if you get bored just say so.  I have a small issue with the set up.  I would really like to bring the R2R on the right to lady friends place but I also like the clean, non cluttered appearance.  I love to watch the big reels spin.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Haven't heard that in over 30 years. Today I understand music from the 1970s much better. Not only because my understanding of the English language has improved over the decades, but also because I have developed a completely different relationship to music from that time. This is probably due to my youthful age and of course my audio gear .

U.K.kleiner.thumb.jpg.39d8896e913f8f988d2a7f5f3741d574.jpg

8 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

one of my favorites and most played

• Like 4

I like it Mike.  I bought a Nagaoka first and one of the pins fell out while unpacking.  Sent it back and got the high output Hana.  Seems well made though I did have to buy a MC preamp.  I like it better than the more expensive Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood that it replaced.

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I like it Mike.  I bought a Nagaoka first and one of the pins fell out while unpacking.  Sent it back and got the high output Hana.  Seems well made though I did have to buy a MC preamp.  I like it better than the more expensive Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood that it replaced.

getting Gia set up with her little system.. Next thing to order..

after her Amish bedroom set comes

In . 2-3 weeks from now..

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analog Preamplifier

Item # PRPRBS2AN
Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analog Preamplifier

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

happy_2.gif   ^^^^^^^^  Are there actually albums that you don't have? @Full Range  laughing-smile.gif

My collection is not that large - many I have seen are much larger 

But what I do have based on my personal preference in music is the best of the best ( well I like to think so 😱 )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I ordered the cabinet with a pull out for the turn table and it's behind the door on the right.  I saw a picture Chris A. posted and the zero gravity chairs were in the back ground.  I messaged him and he gave me the low down.  They are comfy.  That is the music room at lady friends place.  I have a larger one (below) at my place but am rarely there.

IMG_1393.JPG

forumgimmick 1.jpg

My lady friends place sound better .....smilie_happy_054.gif

Loving your vintage gear ...great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder what this is ? Just arrived 

5858-EE7-A-D801-4842-A087-1532-B1-C5524-

This is an album that was on backorder for over a month 

Will give it a spin tomorrow 

This Re Issue is a US release but pressed in Germany on 180 gr from 2015 

Frank Zappa 

One Size Fits All 

5-A65-F3-AE-4216-43-A9-9-BD4-1939948-A6-

• Like 7

On 7/5/2020 at 3:56 PM, Full Range said:

My collection is not that large - many I have seen are much larger 

But what I do have based on my personal preference in music is the best of the best ( well I like to think so 😱 )

I really agree with you. Your collection ist awesome. Getting a little bit jealous here ..LOL , but only because of the condition from your record covers ..smilie_hops_055.gif  ( Joke ! )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While things are somber around here with my mother in her final days... my brother and I have had some memories we've brought up that have kept the past weeks from being plain awful.

Seen good stuff pass through here and My Collection?? From what I think I'm keeping I've had to put early 70s softer harmonic stuff in my reconfigured closet. Lots of Poco came with the last group, Steve Winwood that I do remember some other stuff too.

IMG-20200706-170833.jpg

Now in the rack I did get some YES that I did not have before, some Who, Wishbone Ash and more from Hawkwind I got to check out. A couple look possibly like they are blues too.

IMG-20200706-171042.jpg

early and repeat Floyd, a much more clean DSotM

IMG-20200706-171017.jpg

Great year for vinyl here, not so much for our family C'est la vie really fits with this week.

RIP Charlie Daniels You will always be loved by many around here!!

• Like 4