Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Taking the rest of the day off!

Haven't experienced the one that's up right now before, like Steve H's LP I can recognize some familiar stanzas.

The other release will last for a while this evening!

YESterdays &

YESsongs

IMG-20200718-160455.jpg

• Like 5

Couldn't wait and decided to do the three live records later. Right now there is a noticeable "sound stage" improvement over the Audio Fidelity SACD - (I only have redbook). I got the cd when failing to find a good copy of this outstanding release on vinyl a while back.

My test track is always the same: "And You And I" it has slight audible noise but it doesn't mask the beautiful guitar or the sound of the picking of the strings.

Closer to audio nirvana when I bumped up the sub coverage from 40 to 42 hz!

IMG-20200718-171513.jpg

• Like 4

You know I usually sit tight for a little bit and listen to what you post even if the link isn't included Paul.

Madder Lake does sound like the peace & love early 70s... I'd burn one right now if I still did that!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

You know I usually sit tight for a little bit and listen to what you post even if the link isn't included Paul.

Madder Lake does sound like the peace & love early 70s... I'd burn one right now if I still did that!

Wish I was there to share 😇 if I still did that 

Maybe we should start again - for medical reasons of course 🤪

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Wish I was there to share 😇 if I still did that 

Maybe we should start again - for medical reasons of course 🤪

Yessirre...

much rather do one hits than take the high bp rx every morning!!

• Like 1

Recently someone had a recording played by a young musician that played every instrument on the entire release. I had mentioned this guy, the only one I knew of that had done that well.

One of the heavy (grams wise) LPs from back then. My copy of "Machine Head" from that era is about the same weight.

Yea it the Exorcist movie theme song... but it's more...

Mike Oldfield

Tubular Bells:

IMG-20200719-195615.jpg

• Like 4

Most any night Tubular Bells would be the encore, and Paul listening to side one I could almost remember the taste of what we talked about earlier:D

Found one that could top that far out LP:

From 1968

"A Saucerful of Secrets"

Pink Floyd:

IMG-20200719-201754.jpg

• Like 6

Hey, hey, heyyyyy wb @Tarheel!  Couple good one's right there!  

I'm startin to get the itch.  Have been listening to a pair of Paradigm's a buddy wants to buy.  He's stopped a few times lately and I haven't gone back to my LS but that's about to change.  Been just too hot to sit here and listen.  No rain for more than a week around here.  Front came thru yesterday and rained everywhere but here.  Temps mid 80's today then heading right back up into the mid 90's.  Better get it while I can so I'm gonna have a Bobby Flay look like a mama's boy and have a throwdown later!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Full Range 

A concert highlight on vinyl

Great news for all vinyl lovers among Peter Gabriel's fans: In the course of this year the British musician and composer will release four archive live albums on vinyl, three of which are available on record for the first time ever.One of them is "Growing Up Live", which will be released as a 3-LP set. "Growing Up Live was originally released in 2019. The album contains the sound from the 2003 concert film of the same name, which features a live performance from Gabriel's "Growing Up" tour.Besides "Secret World Live", the albums "Plays Live", "Live in Athens 1987" and "Secret World Live" are also released on vinyl. All were remastered at half speed for the re-release.

available in Germany not before 27th. nov.2020 smilie_tra_182.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Into the Rs and Ss got a good old REO the one with Golden Country plus an early Bonnie Raitt!

Did not do these in order except in the order that I dug the bands. Onto side two of Carlos's first right now with enough more to jam for a long time.

Three of these records were released in `73!

IMG-20200720-202435.jpg

I wish I could have showed all of those "experts" how good these 600 or so about fifty year old records are now.

They have all been in the original paper or thin cardboard for Lord Knows how long.

• Like 4

Halfway through listening to Abraxas for the first time in a long time. & I'm here to sing the praise of the micro-line stylus again... that's what AT calls `em.

There are a couple mars across the old record that appear to be scratches, but they aren't audible thanks to much more contact with that groove that we all love!!

My Tull selection got bigger too! With a couple of LPs with heavy covers:

IMG-20200719-202825.jpg

IMG-20200720-214510.jpg

IMG-20200720-214431.jpg

• Like 5