Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Stressful week for me, had this tucked away for a while.

Time for something different and this is exhilarating from the start. Good recording too, I can feel the pressure of the sound in there. 

Doh... it's halfway up!

IMG-20200722-203509.jpg

• Like 3

Just a heads up everyone.  Mick's a marketing genius soooo here's something that mysteriously appeared and is on the 2020 "Goats Head Soup" remake.  

London The Rolling Stones have unveiled "Scarlet," a previously unheard track featuring Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Blind Faith's Rick Gerch.

The unearthed song, recorded by the band in October 1974, is a blues-rock number with a head-bobbing groove.

September 4th is the reissue release date soooo plan ahead  :)

Here ya go!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It’s raining today Into the evening and it’s perfect for spinning a little Jazz 

Regarded as a penultimate record release - and needs no introduction 

What makes this album special is the musicians - all brilliant in there own right 

Artist - Miles Davis 

Title - Kind Of Blue 

066575-CC-EE61-4-D90-8-D8-B-26-B9-E897-A

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 11:39 PM, Dave1290 said:

Just a heads up everyone.  Mick's a marketing genius soooo here's something that mysteriously appeared and is on the 2020 "Goats Head Soup" remake.  

London The Rolling Stones have unveiled "Scarlet," a previously unheard track featuring Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Blind Faith's Rick Gerch.

The unearthed song, recorded by the band in October 1974, is a blues-rock number with a head-bobbing groove.

Geeze man, finally got a replacement copy of goats head recently in the vinyl dump I've experienced!

Like that sound, it's kinda brash garage sounding but better than the stones blue& cd I bought a couple years ago.

Doesn't sound very Stones-like, well besides Mick - does sound like `74 though!

• Like 4

Got an obviously early Allman brothers record that isn't found on youtube. Did find the first tune searching for the title.

IMG-20200725-202903.jpg

Surprisingly it has a Motown sound going on with the first four on side one! Their singing started out the same as they've always sounded to me but this is one cool LP!!

first from side two:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Some of the harmonic singing soft rock groups took their toll on me with their overplay long ago. These two guys made beautiful sounds. Can't wait to hear some of the individual records, know that much of Paul Simons work was excellent.

IMG-20200725-220202.jpg

IMG-20200725-220523.jpg

Skin Alley?

Bob James is listed on the back.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Got an obviously early Allman brothers record that isn't found on youtube. Did find the first tune searching for the title.

That album is a compilation release featuring songs from both Hourglass albums 

https://www.discogs.com/Gregg-Duane-Allman-Gregg-Duane-Allman/master/754431

• Like 3

Hello my Klipsch and Vinyl friends from the other side of the Atlantic ...and Australia

Me still exists and I missed you a little bit. I am looking forward to having fun with you every weekend. Last Friday I visited one of my HiFi friends and we listened to music together. On this occasion I took some pictures of a really extraordinary turntable mass drive. This TT is a german product from the famous turntable forge " TRANSROTOR " . The model is the " Fat Bob " with SME 3012 MK III Tonearm and Ortofon MC 30 Super Cardridge. It weighs a good 30 kg. We had a lot of fun listening to the music and I can tell you, this TT sound is very very nice.

Fatbob1kleiner.thumb.jpg.7235f482d7b4472ac4b958f2f18a1a47.jpg

Fatbob2kleiner.thumb.jpg.051bc287f876dc97e79448bff92c9c86.jpg

Fatbob3kleiner.thumb.jpg.93a3ec375a0d775921aab9011010bf3d.jpg

• Like 6

Yesterday sunday was rainy then I took the chance to spin some records again.

I started with my friend Al Jarreau , live in London 1977 . It´s always a plasure to listen to his music and voice ...still

Allivelondon1kleiner.thumb.jpg.39e57d7a1547491cbecbc6e2fa274cca.jpg

• Like 4