Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Four Peter Gabriel live albums are being released on vinyl, three of them for the first time. The staggered releases are in August, September, October & November. Order yours here - https://www.diversevinyl.com/shop/…  

Heads up.  Hopefully they'll be released here in the US also.  If not MicroMara is soooo gonna rape us if he has to purchase and ship to us.  Just remember buddy ya heard it here first!  hahahaha

BTW, what did you mean when you said you were "taking a chance???"  Crank it up!   :)

Amazon US has pre-orders available.  I'm done!  :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am now a proud owner of a new 6.6kw solar system that was just installed on my roof last week 

I have decided to use some of those free KW of power to pump up the volume on a classic hard rock / early metal record 

Artist - Blue Oyster Cult 

Title - Secret Treaties 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Öyster-Cult-Secret-Treaties/release/2579012

DA3452-BD-7478-4-EA8-924-E-BA94-F18-ADF0

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Four Peter Gabriel live albums are being released on vinyl, three of them for the first time. The staggered releases are in August, September, October & November. Order yours here - https://www.diversevinyl.com/shop/…  

Heads up.  Hopefully they'll be released here in the US also.  If not MicroMara is soooo gonna rape us if he has to purchase and ship to us.  Just remember buddy ya heard it here first!  hahahaha

BTW, what did you mean when you said you were "taking a chance???"  Crank it up!   :)

Amazon US has pre-orders available.  I'm done!  :)

Should I receive the new Peter Gabriel publications in Germany earlier than you do in the States, I will be happy to send them from Germany to the USA. But, that will be more expensive if you take into account shipping costs, customs duties and taxes. But this isn´t valid for you Dave, as you allready placed pre-orders by Amazon, Shure you´ll get them first .....happy_2.gif

You´ll mean " taking the chance " while listening to the " FAT BOB " by a friend of mine ? If so let me say I took the opportunity to shoot those pictures while my friend went to his basement to collect some vintage spanish " Grand Reserva " Wine bottles.   He didn't want me to take pictures of" Fat Bob " because it's not polished. Things he does ......smilie_sh_029.gif

• Haha 3

@Dave1290  said .....BTW, what did you mean when you said you were "taking a chance???"  Crank it up! 

Now I get what you meant  ......No I wasn´t in the mood to crank up the volume. You´ll have to know that even below 60 dB my system provides a full resolution in the overall FQ and a wide and depth in it´s sound stage. Wanna have ?   smilie_happy_040.gif

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, MicroMara said:

Hello my Klipsch and Vinyl friends from the other side of the Atlantic ...and Australia

Me still exists and I missed you a little bit. I am looking forward to having fun with you every weekend. Last Friday I visited one of my HiFi friends and we listened to music together. On this occasion I took some pictures of a really extraordinary turntable mass drive. This TT is a german product from the famous turntable forge " TRANSROTOR " . The model is the " Fat Bob " with SME 3012 MK III Tonearm and Ortofon MC 30 Super Cardridge. It weighs a good 30 kg. We had a lot of fun listening to the music and I can tell you, this TT sound is very very nice.

Fatbob1kleiner.thumb.jpg.7235f482d7b4472ac4b958f2f18a1a47.jpg

Fatbob2kleiner.thumb.jpg.051bc287f876dc97e79448bff92c9c86.jpg

Fatbob3kleiner.thumb.jpg.93a3ec375a0d775921aab9011010bf3d.jpg

21 hours ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara 

Fat Bob - great name for a turntable 😎

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

That’s nothing - I have cables since 1995 and some cables even before that 

Newbie, I have Sansui speaker wire and some RCA cables that go back to 1972! 😲 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I pitched a million dollars worth of junk not too long ago.  ha!

@Buck115  Hoarder!  😂

Before we deployed to Vietnam in 1972, I got rid of all of my music stuff that I had collected since about 1960. So, with access to the Navy Exchange in Subic Bay, I began another hoarding adventure! Now I have racks of excess stereo stuff that I've collected since 1972 (Akai, Marantz, Carver, etc.). You know, you have to keep all that stuff just in case! 😲 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Buck115 that high dollar official Sansuiiiiiiii speaker wire has got to be great yet!  Appreciating in value every day!   Grab some Blue Jean Cables and do your ears a favor.  At least I noticed a difference.  Down boys, it's not the great cable debate!  Orrrrr NO?  lol

Yup, gotta keep it ALL!  Millions someday!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

@Dave1290, Err, uh, blush, I have several sets of Blue Jean Cables as well as Audioquest speaker cables, interconnects, and HDMI cables. 😲

Plug em all in some where and fire it all up!  Enjoy.  You do realize with the admittance of BJC "YOU've" opened up a can of worms now?  😂

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

Newbie, I have Sansui speaker wire and some RCA cables that go back to 1972! 😲 🤣

The cable in the photo was computer related 
As for audio stuff I think I still have items from 1965 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't been around much but have been kinda busy around here.  Finally a bit of rain yesterday to cool things down but have been jammin.  Local guy has been hangin listening to a mix of my stuff and a pile he brought over.  His band is practicing tonight so I got a night off.  Sure wsh this was out on vinyl but the cd is outstanding.  Might want to check him out on youtube.  Put it in and cranked it and two minutes later the neighbor's wife comes over with a beer for me.  Ha!  Said it sounds great and is perfect to grill to.  hahaha  Maybe a burger in my future?  Ha!

Best of Snowy White by SNOWY WHITE (2009-06-23)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Haven't been around much but have been kinda busy around here.  Finally a bit of rain yesterday to cool things down but have been jammin.  Local guy has been hangin listening to a mix of my stuff and a pile he brought over.  His band is practicing tonight so I got a night off.  Sure wsh this was out on vinyl but the cd is outstanding.  Might want to check him out on youtube.  Put it in and cranked it and two minutes later the neighbor's wife comes over with a beer for me.  Ha!  Said it sounds great and is perfect to grill to.  hahaha  Maybe a burger in my future?  Ha!

Best of Snowy White by SNOWY WHITE (2009-06-23)

I've been a fan of Snowy for a long time now. Very underrated. 

• Like 1