Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

WPWK 🎼on 🎵Wiiiiii  🎶Fiiii

I've got enough to not repeat in about six months now if I only do eight hours a day!

If you get stuck with ideas we can do a multi PM session for suggestions 

Themed genre / artist days is also a good idea 
Rock On 🤘 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

This was the other night after the rinse before the drying:

IMG-20200730-205635.jpg

Just put the left one on now.

IMG-20200801-193523.jpg

Check out the lineup on these two LPs, unfortunately the other is scuffed too much to even try.

IMG-20200801-193536.jpg

That´s a great one...got many music, mainly CD´s  from Chick, Stanley , Lenny and Al

• Like 4

Good night my mates .....the Tanglewood live Concert was really great to listen to . It´s 4 am sunday morning and I´m finished . See you soon again, take care of you , we spend a good time this evening, Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Both beer drinking nations 

If we were invited we may drink you out of house and home 🤪

Instead of burgers we do sausages and onions - we call it a sausage sizzle ( search it out ) 

Edit - This is the correct way to serve ( on one piece of sliced bread folded over ) easy as 🍷

sausage-sizzle-600x366.jpg

Have a great day 👌

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

We call those " H O T   D O G`S  " ....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Do you know the story behind the name?

Well I was wrong 

This is what I have found - hope it’s correct 

Named for one of Zappa’s favorite quick snacks, essentially a hot dog roasted over a flame and stuck between two pieces of bread, Burnt Weeny Sandwich 

I think Frank had Aussie blood because he placed his sausage in bread like all Aussie’s 

We even have sausage sizzles outside large hardware shops 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Well I was wrong 

This is what I have found - hope it’s correct 

Named for one of Zappa’s favorite quick snacks, essentially a hot dog roasted over a flame and stuck between two pieces of bread, Burnt Weeny Sandwich 

I think Frank had Aussie blood because he placed his sausage in bread like all Aussie’s 

We even have sausage sizzles outside large hardware shops 

Yes.  He had a studio in his own home, and they would break for a snack, of which this was a favorite.  More specifically he used Hebrew Nationals (an all beef kosher frank which is very filling) with mustard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

and your mythology

26 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Help me understand

One more bit of lyrical cleverness, in "Nanook Rubs It" Zappa refers to the "vigorous circular motion" with which he rubs yellow snow into the fur-trapper's eyes as "destined to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology." The "mud shark" is a reference to a bit of urban lore (somewhat true, although frequently exaggerated) about Led Zeppelin band members fooling around in a motel room with a groupie and a fish. We're so tired of talking about it already that we'll just let Snopes handle this one. Zappa had a song about the mud shark at the Fillmore East in 1971

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/frank-zappa/dont-eat-the-yellow-snow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike knows all the lyrics and tall tales!

But could he imagine that I'd be listening to some real funk this evening?

Doubt it!

IMG-20200803-191609.jpg

IMG-20200803-191640.jpg

This guy is flat out brilliant! Forgotten how much I could dig his jazzed up funk!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGRY ANDERSON 73 TODAY...Gary Stephen "Angry" Anderson AM (born 5 August 1947) is an Australian rock singer-songwriter, television presenter-reporter and actor. He has been the lead vocalist with the hard rock band Rose Tattoo since 1976.On Australia Day (26 January) 1993, Anderson was made a Member of the Order of Australia for his role as a youth advocate. According to rock music historian, Ian McFarlane, "over the course of a lengthy career, the gravel-throated vocalist ... has gone from attention-grabbing, rock'n'roll bad boy to all-round Australian media star." On 16 August 2006, Rose Tattoo were inducted into the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Hall of Fame. In Angry Anderson's 1994 biography, Angry – Scarred for Life, the author Karen Dewey describes his life as "Sexually, physically and mentally abused he broke the brutal family pattern to become a besotted, devoted father of four." Anderson described how "there was physical and emotional violence in the family" and a family friend began sexually abusing him from the age of five. In 1982, prior to one of Rose Tattoo's European tours, Anderson met Lindy Michael. The couple's daughter, Roxanne was born in 1983. Anderson married Michael in January 1986, the couple also have three sons, Galen, Blaine and Liam. By 2002, Anderson and Michael were divorced. Anderson is a single father of four, and lives in the Sydney suburb of Beacon Hill. Although he does not believe in an omniscient god he attends the Baha'i temple regularly, "the spirituality I have given myself over to is the divine." Having seen cancer claim the lives of five of his Rose Tattoo bandmates (Dallas Royall, Peter Wells, Ian Rilen, Lobby Lloyde and Mick *****), Anderson has become an advocate for men's health. He appeared in a TV campaign promoting awareness of prostate cancer. Anderson is 5 ft 1.5in (156 cm) tall. Anderson is the grand nephew of the first Prime Minister of Australia Edmund Barton. On 4 November 2018, Anderson's son Liam was killed in an attack in a park in Queenscliff, New South Wales.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2