Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes it does @MicroMara we've got clouds and cool temps today just like yesterday it's only 80 at 1pm here right now!!

Have not even listened to all the Santana I got yet but it does put me in a different state of mind... relaxed and pleased!

Yes, you can really let yourself fall and feel the grace of his music. When you consider how few current bands can do that nowadays......don´t mind your weather today, spin him and you got summer in your heart

• Like 4

Now it continues funky with Johnny Guitar Watson. " Funk beyond the call of duty " from 1977, DJM Records. Recorded at Paramount Recording Studios in Hollywood. I haven't heard this album for 30 years.The number code on the right side is from my active DJ days. from the 1980´s to 90´s.  It was the beat and verses mix code. 

JGWkleiner.thumb.jpg.fd4150f61e263b99df37712e1317f462.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Weekend, it is high summer in Germany. smilie_wet_143.gif

100,4 Fahrenheit and no cloud in the sky. Was swimming in the pool and now enjoy summer music with Santana's  A B R A X A S . Guys is that beautiful ....

Best album + My favourite album 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

More from my haul that my brother asked if it could be my birthday and Christmas.

Told him yes for 2020 and 2021!

One of my favorite bands since I was a kid... ARS

IMG-20200807-215433.jpg

& up next one that's been talked about a lot recently and more curious records.

IMG-20200807-215522.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

the cart had been replaced just before I "retired" it. It stayed here when I went to HI. Started on the other discs when I went there.

Not to mention my newer amp/receivers didn't have phono  section user ready.  The tt is the last remaining piece of a stereo I bought in '76. Curiously the vintage of what I have now...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

More from my haul that my brother asked if it could be my birthday and Christmas.

Told him yes for 2020 and 2021!

One of my favorite bands since I was a kid... ARS

IMG-20200807-215433.jpg

& up next one that's been talked about a lot recently and more curious records.

IMG-20200807-215522.jpg

Dang John frigid pink... house of the rising sun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today is a monkey heat, 104 Fahrenheit, it has not rained for 3 weeks. It is now the third summer in a row where it is getting hotter and dryer in Germany. Climate change is undeniable. Otherwise our summers were cooler and the weather was more balanced between sunshine and rain. I went directly to Steve Wonder's Musiquarium instead of swimming in the pool.

1977644424_SteveWonderMusicquarium.thumb.jpg.4cd899b55fe8c8239dcec10a3a60815b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

the cart had been replaced just before I "retired" it. It stayed here when I went to HI. Started on the other discs when I went there.

Not to mention my newer amp/receivers didn't have phono  section user ready.  The tt is the last remaining piece of a stereo I bought in '76. Curiously the vintage of what I have now...

You may look for an external phono pre amplifier . Is that this model from 1976 ? It would be nice if you would spin with us

Technics SL-20 (1976) | Integrated amplifier, Hifi, Audio system

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't say on the record, searched and yes according to wikipedia it is the third.

"No One to Depend On" & "Everything's Coming Our Way' played a dozen times a week on that great fm radio station we had here in the 70s.

Recall @dirtmudd remarked his quadrophonic Aerosmith album sounded great last year.

Man he's not joking... my list of best of pressings now is half-speed, anything Analogue Productions, Made in Japan, DMM direct metal mastering and the quadrophonic pressings.

"Imports" are hit and miss with me. Holland ones are ok, Abbey Road fantastic, German mastered are very good too. Like my Meindel Perfekts and no not the cheapened Cabela's version... the real ones. German engineering is still good with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1