Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

The uncrowned queen of soul music. She was not only beautiful but had a voice that still knocks me out. Her album " Diana " from 1980 is and remains one of the most wonderful soul albums ever produced.

424909053_DianaRosskleiner.thumb.jpg.2f9530cbe90fdc6f59ab79f186c1a420.jpg

@JohnJ it´s not your Yamaha Piano ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm on the nostalgia trip today.Remember the American TV series "Shaft"? It was a huge success in Germany. The music was composed and produced by Isaac Hayes. The album was released in 1971 on STAX Records. Please excuse the absolutely cruel looking cover, it is almost 50 years old.But the record itselfes is perfect.

Shaft.thumb.jpg.f489504bd378c833d35fc08b697302c1.jpg

The tune " Do your thing " is the ultimate masterpiece on this album

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It doesn't say on the record, searched and yes according to wikipedia it is the third.

"No One to Depend On" & "Everything's Coming Our Way' played a dozen times a week on that great fm radio station we had here in the 70s.

Recall @dirtmudd remarked his quadrophonic Aerosmith album sounded great last year.

Man he's not joking... my list of best of pressings now is half-speed, anything Analogue Productions, Made in Japan, DMM direct metal mastering and the quadrophonic pressings.

"Imports" are hit and miss with me. Holland ones are ok, Abbey Road fantastic, German mastered are very good too. Like my Meindel Perfekts and no not the cheapened Cabela's version... the real ones. German engineering is still good with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, MicroMara said:

Now it continues funky with Johnny Guitar Watson. " Funk beyond the call of duty " from 1977, DJM Records. Recorded at Paramount Recording Studios in Hollywood. I haven't heard this album for 30 years.The number code on the right side is from my active DJ days. from the 1980´s to 90´s.  It was the beat and verses mix code. 

JGWkleiner.thumb.jpg.fd4150f61e263b99df37712e1317f462.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, MicroMara said:

For the time being it remains funky today in my music room with summery good mood. Stanley Clarke & George Duke." Project " from 1981, Epic Records

1229507873_ClarkDukekleiner.thumb.jpg.d2c335118f2af8d8926d9bad1c4a0442.jpg

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Today is a monkey heat, 104 Fahrenheit, it has not rained for 3 weeks. It is now the third summer in a row where it is getting hotter and dryer in Germany. Climate change is undeniable. Otherwise our summers were cooler and the weather was more balanced between sunshine and rain. I went directly to Steve Wonder's Musiquarium instead of swimming in the pool.

1977644424_SteveWonderMusicquarium.thumb.jpg.4cd899b55fe8c8239dcec10a3a60815b.jpg

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

This is really very funky and old school.  From the states .... Rose Royce. Their greatest hit was Car Wash  

water babes GIF by Cheezburger

Rose Roycekleiner.jpg

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

And another classic .  WAR " The Music Band " The world is a gettho, MCA Records, 1979  War2kleiner.thumb.jpg.cc0f7d4a5d03d79efba9b84f930a9bf9.jpg

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The uncrowned queen of soul music. She was not only beautiful but had a voice that still knocks me out. Her album " Diana " from 1980 is and remains one of the most wonderful soul albums ever produced.

424909053_DianaRosskleiner.thumb.jpg.2f9530cbe90fdc6f59ab79f186c1a420.jpg

@JohnJ it´s not your Yamaha Piano ...

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I'm on the nostalgia trip today.Remember the American TV series "Shaft"? It was a huge success in Germany. The music was composed and produced by Isaac Hayes. The album was released in 1971 on STAX Records. Please excuse the absolutely cruel looking cover, it is almost 50 years old.But the record itselfes is perfect.

Shaft.thumb.jpg.f489504bd378c833d35fc08b697302c1.jpg

The tune " Do your thing " is the ultimate masterpiece on this album

49 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Then there was Timmy Thomas with the world hit " Why can't we live together ". That was 1972. It's the year 2020 and the subject is still relevant. You´ll know what I mean.

803704859_TimmyThomaskleiner.thumb.jpg.c3a02d8a694f1c1ff99d21211b1ce428.jpg

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

And now the legendary band " Maze " featuring Franky Beverly. Live in LA.That was a great time for soul music. This live concert is inspiring.

80812901_MazeinLAkleiner.thumb.jpg.96a10d7045fcca9f537e35cdb9288467.jpg

@thebes & @MicroMara are the pimp daddy's of the forum

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Scorpion GIF | Gfycat

1410322522_ScorpionsJapankleiner.thumb.jpg.f3914817d5c4873bc249a8d06fa60caf.jpg

@dirtmudd 

I do not commit myself musically. Think of my aversion to King Crimson before. Today I love them. You´ve shown me the way to  Road to Red

the road to red goes many directions.. I just led you to the on ramp.. where it leads you and what direction you take .. is yours alone..

but make sure .. you tell us some of the stories of your journey..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I do not commit myself musically. Think of my aversion to King Crimson before. Today I love them. You´ve shown me the way to  Road to Red

The track Fracture from the album Starless And Bible Black is almost impossible to play 

But to me it’s a cocktail to my ears 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have to go to bed now. It's getting very late again. 4 o'clock Sunday morning. The concert of Rachmanninoff´s " Firebird " in Tanglewood was a wonderful new experience. I look forward to seeing you all again next weekend. Take care of yourselves and please stay healthy. Your friendship is worth more than all the money in the world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I have to go to bed now. It's getting very late again. 4 o'clock Sunday morning. The concert of Rachmanninoff´s " Firebird " in Tanglewood was a wonderful new experience. I look forward to seeing you all again next weekend. Take care of yourselves and please stay healthy. Your friendship is worth more than all the money in the world.

I hope to be able to buy you a few bitburgers some day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1