Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

From the vault #11 & 12 of over 30 

Spinning 2 albums today by a Dutch band 

Read about this band and in 1968 they saw the Nice with Keith Emerson and liked what they did in modernising classical music 

In these albums they popped up familiar classical compositions 

Shoutout to @MicroMara

LP1 Debut album 1969 

Artist - Ekseption 

Title - Ekseption 

3-DE05-D81-0-E1-D-4061-BCCE-6955-C659-E1

LP2

Artist - Ekseption 

Title - The 5th (a compilation album)

443-C8-DC2-33-CD-4-D21-9-E6-D-515-FECC37

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going to have to look that up and give it a listen Paul. I really took a liking to the two ? that I've got him on here. It was a compilation I played a while back with four names in it... I'll look when my stomach settles from my late dinner of bacon and eggs with tomato and white figs. It's a job to search for something you don't know the name of. 

Never had white figs but they are a more delicate flavor compared to the regular ones that get really dark purple and crimson in and out! Neighbor has a tree that is having a bumper crop and it was only planted two years ago!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Going to have to look that up and give it a listen Paul. I really took a liking to the two ? that I've got him on here. It was a compilation I played a while back with four names in it... I'll look when my stomach settles from my late dinner of bacon and eggs with tomato and white figs. It's a job to search for something you don't know the name of. 

Never had white figs but they are a more delicate flavor compared to the regular ones that get really dark purple and crimson in and out! Neighbor has a tree that is having a bumper crop and it was only planted two years ago!

You can have a listen to that album on that link I posted 

And I also have a couple of fig trees - but the dark purple variety 

• Like 3

Been trying to listen to the bands releases kind of all together, hasn't worked great but here's more following yesterdays prime time band and guitarist

IMG-20200902-213649.jpg

If I had been on the lookout wonder if I could have caught these guys in the late 70s?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I already enjoyed your dinner while reading smilie_essen_074.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The summer is over, my goodness that went so fast.The temperatures have fallen very much, it is raining heavily, the leaves are falling from the trees, the wind is blowing around the house.

One more reason to dig out a record

Jeff Beck's  WIRED , 1976 CBS Records, with Jan Hammer on keyboards and Narrada Michael Walton as drummer. Fantastic

1743980430_JeffBeckWiredkleiner.thumb.jpg.80c8524fbbab1e163f291851c334d2d2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Nice one @MicroMara 

Your post above says it was five hours ago when you put it up. Sorry I couldn't be in synch with you... but I am in spirit bud!

So if you are six hours ahead of us (didn't look it up) I'm an hour ahead of you :cool: and on that Pork Pie Hat that I like already!!

IMG-20200903-143447.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice one @MicroMara 

Your post above says it was five hours ago when you put it up. Sorry I couldn't be in synch with you... but I am in spirit bud!

So if you are six hours ahead of us (didn't look it up) I'm an hour ahead of you :cool: and on that Pork Pie Hat that I like already!!

IMG-20200903-143447.jpg

We have a transatlantic spiritual relationship. That´s wonderful...smilie_op_006.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Froghat, porkpie hat?  Trans-Atlantic bonding, white figs, time zones?  Heck I just got all my duct work cleaned, alarm system in and working and I'm going to RElax for the rest of the day.  Sat here last nite listening a bit and my PrimaLuna didn't hit 2.  This is all just insane.  Insane to the point I might even toss on some Froghat shortly!  Looked for my Fogelberg "Phoenix" last nite to no avail.  Oh yea, "wood block" I couldn't remember?  Yup, I had a vision.  "Gold Dust Woman" Mac's Rumours lp since I know some of you had been laying asleep wondering.  BTW, what time is it MicroMara?  John's good we're in the same time zone. 😂 :)  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So you found your wood-block tune in the F's huh? I recall one or two they did that with!

*Yes George I've got one of those gold cds of that one that is terrific especially how it turns the cars boom box into something better! Then it came in the boatload of LP's I've lost control over have not put it on to see if the vinyl wins, but I know it does in the frequency spectrum anyhow!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Froghat, porkpie hat?  Trans-Atlantic bonding, white figs, time zones?  Heck I just got all my duct work cleaned, alarm system in and working and I'm going to RElax for the rest of the day.  Sat here last nite listening a bit and my PrimaLuna didn't hit 2.  This is all just insane.  Insane to the point I might even toss on some Froghat shortly!  Looked for my Fogelberg "Phoenix" last nite to no avail.  Oh yea, "wood block" I couldn't remember?  Yup, I had a vision.  "Gold Dust Woman" Mac's Rumours lp since I know some of you had been laying asleep wondering.  BTW, what time is it MicroMara?  John's good we're in the same time zone. 😂 :)  

You better put your kingdom up for sale....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4