Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@Dave1290   10.29 pm right now ........

I don't know if I saw and listend this record in the YouTube Spinning or the Vinyl Record Spinning thread first. There was a video with a dancing Indian. The music reminded me of David Lee Roth and VanHalen from the vocals and guitars. I drove this morning to a neighboring town, there is a second hand record store, there I found it, was thrilled, bought it immediately and listen to it for the first time at home.Guys ..pretty good rock´n     BLACKFOOT ..Medicine Man from 1990 " Music for Nations " Label

943692279_BlackFootkleiner.thumb.jpg.95bb7c585ead3c053f2d95554117c427.jpg

I do not include videos from Germany, these are all blocked  smilie_denk_33.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Been trying to listen to the bands releases kind of all together, hasn't worked great but here's more following yesterdays prime time band and guitarist

IMG-20200902-213649.jpg

If I had been on the lookout wonder if I could have caught these guys in the late 70s?

Until recently, the last time I played that Ten Years After Quad LP was on my last Quadraphonic setup (Marantz 4400 and Sansui speakers). When I played the Quad album on my current Stereo setup, I was startled when guitars and other instruments appeared immediately to my left and right, not just to the front and outside of the speakers; I started wondering if I’d gone back in time and had four speakers in the room!!!!!!! The stereo album is a nice recording with a great soundstage and depth, but not to the extent of the Quad album.

338917485_RTM-1973-IMG_1127.thumb.jpg.b89c53303efb64d9f91318fa695683f9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Buck115 ....Your TT is a  VPI Classic  ? Pretty nice ! If not, kindly let me know ...

Yes, it is the updated version of the VPI Classic 1 with an updated model name as well; "The Classic". When I bought it I wanted an updated turntable, but the "Old Guy" in me still wanted the classic turntable appearance. Here is a different view.

1130258624_RTM-IMG_1455.thumb.jpg.0ce8b9f11ee4c6e86f6e1c7d81bd0f34.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Buck115  I like that tt also!

My Forte IIIs image well but two types of vinyl have improved them. The quadrophonic that I'll agree sound very good and my newer Rush replacements that are Direct to Metal Mastered. The DMMs are astonishing but the quadrophonics I have that are old are so well balanced, clear and lively they are in their own league.

*Think the only way to get better imaging is to go with LaScalas

& what is hiding behind the merlot? A quintet? bet that sounds completely different than the ortofon eliptical mm that came with my "Classic"!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Buck115  I like that tt also!

My Forte IIIs image well but two types of vinyl have improved them. The quadrophonic that I'll agree sound very good and my newer Rush replacements that are Direct to Metal Mastered. The DMMs are astonishing but the quadrophonics I have that are old are so well balanced, clear and lively they are in their own league.

& what is hiding behind the merlot? A quintet? bet that sounds completely different than the ortofon eliptical mm that came with my "Classic"!

Thanks!!!! The VPI "The Classic" turntable is probably my last turntable and I'm very happy with it!

Since I'm from back in the stone age, I had a lot of Quad gear and I have to say, my Quad recordings from the Old Days sound incredible of my current 2-channel system; I was amazed!!!!!

Yes, it is an Ortofon Quintet Blue and I really like it; I had a Quintet Red before the Blue! I still want to try an Ortofon Quintet Bronze or Black, but my wife gives me that "Don't you even think about it look" every time I mention it! 😂 I would like to try an Ortofon Cadenza (red, blue, bronze, or black), but between my old ears and the real threat of divorce after almost 44 years of marriage, I think I'll just stick with the Quintet Blue unless I can find a way to sneak in the Quintet Bronze! 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Been a while but blame it on @MicroMara for playing the hardest, the heaviest Southern Rock ever I think. Got to see `em once. In the 90s my mother asked me about them, I was curious why. One of them was a preacher here on the outskirts east of town at a church lots of folks were "flocking" to.

IMG-20200903-192106.jpg

One of those records you can't find a bad tune anywhere on them!!

Starting out with the headliner tonight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buck115 said:

Yes, it is an Ortofon Quintet Blue and I really like it; I had a Quintet Red before the Blue! I still want to try an Ortofon Quintet Bronze or Black, but my wife gives me that "Don't you even think about it look" every time I mention it! 😂 I would like to try an Ortofon Cadenza (red, blue, bronze, or black), but between my old ears and the real threat of divorce after almost 44 years of marriage, I think I'll just stick with the Quintet Blue unless I can find a way to sneak in the Quintet Bronze! 😂

I cheated and went to you homepage here!

I seriously considered that Bronze but it was a bit more pricy than the Audio-Technica that I got then and am extremely happy with since.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I cheated and went to you homepage here!

I seriously considered that Bronze but it was a bit more pricy than the Audio-Technica that I got then and am extremely happy with since.

If, at some point, you want to try a Quintet Red (Moving Coil), l still have the one I replaced with the Quintet Blue! In my opinion, the Quintet Red was a step above the Grado Reference Platinum 1 (Moving Iron) that it replaced!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Buck115 said:

If, at some point, you want to try a Quintet Red (Moving Coil), l still have the one I replaced with the Quintet Blue! In my opinion, the Quintet Red was a step above the Grado Reference Platinum 1 (Moving Iron) that it replaced!

& I 'd tell you to to research the AT-33PTG-II before you get another cart! Unless it has a successor now.

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb/at33ptg-ii?search=AT33PTG/II

If Sound-smith can't retip the boron when it's time I might switch `cause it's not covered in the states because it's not supposed to be "available" in the states!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

& I 'd tell you to to research the AT-33PTG-II before you get another cart! Unless it has a successor now.

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-gb/at33ptg-ii?search=AT33PTG/II

If Sound-smith can't retip the boron when it's time I might switch `cause it's not covered in the states because it's not supposed to be "available" in the states!

Interestingly, I still have my old Audio-technica Quad cartridge. Actually, I never got rid of any of the cartridges that I replaced! 😳

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@JohnJ ... What was that microline you are/were using?

Since am here, finally had to open my package last night as curiosity overwhelmed me.

Finnally got into it, just to find another pak inside. And another.

Best packing job have received to date. And on top of that, here laying before me...Alvin Lee, Pump Iron. Played one side and said to myself... Alright, John the man.

Will continue my journey. All clean by John and looked like new.

Thanks again! 😎

• Like 4

Oh....

it's the one I mentioned above, I got it via Japan for more that $50 less than what it's listed at amazon for right now.

Tell our German buddy he created a monster tonight!  he'll see tomorrow maybe.

What the heck can I follow that Blackfoot with, it's not gonna be the Eagles or Dan Fogelberg/Tim Weisburg!!!!

Ahh H#ll it's right next to where I put that album back:

@billybob You're Welcome!

IMG-20200903-200605.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Dave1290   10.29 pm right now ........

I don't know if I saw and listend this record in the YouTube Spinning or the Vinyl Record Spinning thread first. There was a video with a dancing Indian. The music reminded me of David Lee Roth and VanHalen from the vocals and guitars. I drove this morning to a neighboring town, there is a second hand record store, there I found it, was thrilled, bought it immediately and listen to it for the first time at home.Guys ..pretty good rock´n     BLACKFOOT ..Medicine Man from 1990 " Music for Nations " Label

943692279_BlackFootkleiner.thumb.jpg.95bb7c585ead3c053f2d95554117c427.jpg

I do not include videos from Germany, these are all blocked  smilie_denk_33.gif

Had thought I saw a Mac the Knife you posted recently...in German.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

IMG-20200903-202122.jpg

Hey @Dave1290 pull up Street Rats... what is that percussion thingy that sounds like a twisting, grinding noise?

Teddy & Meatloaf

"None Better"

-- John Forslund --  after more than twenty years I'll always know and use your words if you don't mind.

"taken out by a dart from the upper fourth row"  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It didn't quiet down here at all yet. One of my favorites.. not top three but it is hard to get between Clapton, Trower & Gibbons so top ten has some excellent ones in the list. My first favorite rock band has to have the guy that introduced me to "Train Kept a Rolling" in there.

IMG-20200903-205738.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/2/2020 at 8:46 PM, JohnJ said:

Going to have to look that up and give it a listen Paul. I really took a liking to the two ? that I've got him on here. It was a compilation I played a while back with four names in it... I'll look when my stomach settles from my late dinner of bacon and eggs with tomato and white figs. It's a job to search for something you don't know the name of. 

Never had white figs but they are a more delicate flavor compared to the regular ones that get really dark purple and crimson in and out! Neighbor has a tree that is having a bumper crop and it was only planted two years ago!

@Full Range

Found It! Just played it a while back... like a couple of weeks. I do remember when I was 17 and played Highway To Hell every day for about three months straight when it came out. So twice a month isn't bad, especially when it's these three musicians playing. Back for an encore.....

IMG-20200903-221150.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1