Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Both Vanilla Fudge were absolutely too noisy for me to keep the needle on, and they didn't look to bad upon inspection.

This is groovy San Fran stuff if I'm not mistaken, like the Green Hornet and Dark Shadows should be on tv.

It's a time capsule for sure!

Quicksilver Messenger Service

IMG-20200906-210610.jpg

• Like 4

From the vault LP # 18 from over 30 

Feeling a little ambient today so I chose this album at random and felt just right 

This album may have many feelings as one listens to it but to me it felt like I was sailing away 

Artist - Jon Anderson and Vangelis 

Title - Private Collection 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jon-And-Vangelis-Private-Collection/release/782314

75952368-59-FF-4-F2-C-AEAC-83-D69-FA5431

• Like 5

Good evening, good morning my friends here on Vinyl !  Once again, enjoying an evening in Longfellow Music Hall with some vinyl spinning for you.  Started off the evening with this ELP classic.   Here the front coverDSCN3863.jpg

• Like 5

@Full Range Your vault still has a ways to go it seems.

My bounty of vinyl I've shown highlights of, the rest will come later sometime.

It couldn't be a collection of 60s - 70s rock & roll without these. While they aren't the best recordings from what I've heard so far they give a feeling of that era that those of us that were too young can get a better sense of it.

IMG-20200906-212619.jpg

• Like 4

..........hello Paul !  LUNCH TIME !!!!   However, here under a starry night sky.........Side TWO spinning.  Sounding very nice via the electrostats.   Enjoy your music my friends.  I will post again soon!

All for now.....    

...........Gary  🌙DSCN3873.jpg

• Like 3

I needed a break from listening to music and from going to bed so late.Had turned off the stereo gear over the last weekend to relax my ears.

You all had a lot of fun here and @Tigerman has also once again given himself the honor.

@Full Range

Windschase was probably only produced for the Australian market, not available here in Europe. A beautiful album. 

Lol Creme and Kevin Godley were the co-founders ( 1972 > 1976 ) of the English band 10 CC. The albums " The original Soundtrack 1975, How dare you 1976, Deceptive Bends 1977 and Bloddy Tourists " are all excellent musically and recording technically perfect albums.The multi-layered vocal structures of the two are always very melodic and emotionally touching, simply unique.  Jeff Beck and the Jan Hammer Group live in Japan, we should all have now.

• Like 4

From the vault LP # 19 of over 30 

A lot of electronic music is coming up ahead and will feature all as I randomly pick them 

Let’s start with some French influence

Artist - Jean Michael Jarre

Title - Magnetic Fields 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jarre-Magnetic-Fields/release/800001

339-C27-C8-9-A06-4-D7-C-949-E-3-C7-DCC98

• Like 5

Recall the Stray Cats? I do and the first couple of tunes here are like theirs but with an unreal great guitarist! Others sound like 40s music from any given WWII movie weekend pass scene. Before you get testy with me (the Cats had talent) recognize that I'm talkin bout Mr. Jeff Beck a perennial favorite here and to my ears also! But the clincher is it was priced at $50.00 and I got it for more than half off! This LP is a "party" record... even says so on the cover. Not my regular fare but this is very well done! Last crate of LPs I went with credit there since it wasn't a Ben or two. 

Giving this a sort of @Tigerman treatment!

IMG-20200907-201538.jpg

IMG-20200907-201610.jpg

IMG-20200907-201801.jpg

IMG-20200907-201523.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PXL-20200909-000948396.jpg

For the "purple" to show up well had to mess up the cover image.

Nothing much but this Deep Purple release that I have always loved.

I've been on my own so long
Won't you lend me a hand
I've been out in the cold too long
Won't you understand

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

From the vault LP # 20 of over 30 
An album from 1979 and is geographic in nature - music from this album has been used in movies and films over many years 

Beautifully put together and you get the feeling you are transplanted into the world it was written for 

Artist - Vangelis ‎
Title -  China = 中國

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-China-中國/release/904079

4-DFE738-D-5419-447-B-B841-C381472971-FA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the vault LP # 21 from over 30 

An album from 1974 that followed this artists debut album

Not to be overshadowed by the monumental debut album this album holds its own and shines its own light to the path it wants the listener to follow 

Artist - Mike Oldfield ‎
Title - Hergest Ridge

ED8-C0-EA8-4618-43-F6-B04-D-1089-CEA3-E5

• Like 4