Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

You are missing "Lush Life". Not one of my favorites being that to me it does not seem to be recorded as good as the other two. Great songs though and worthy of picking up. I scratched the copy I had for years, dropped it, but found an unopened one on Ebay at a good price. They are out there.  

• Like 1

Blind-Faith-Blind-Faith-1969-only-1-LP.j

Cream splits in mid-68 yet Clapton, Winwood (Spencer Davis Group then Traffic),  Baker and Rick Grech became Blind Faith.  A short but amazing run!

Whew, ELP in their 1970 debut lp?  Straight to #4 in the UK and #18 on Billboad's top 200 lp's.  "Lucky Man" hit #48 as a single in the US.  Such a great prog/rock lp.  Always a favorite.

Emerson,_Lake_&_Palmer_-_ELP_1970_their_

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That Blind Faith album cover was really rare in Canada.  I’ve only ever seen pictures of it, since we usually got the alternative cover, the black and yellow one.

Meanwhile, I’m spinning T.Rex’s Electric Warrior.  That was a really popular album in Canada, but I’ve heard that T.Rex was not as well known in the US.  Is Marc Bolan well known to you guys?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Meanwhile, I’m spinning T.Rex’s Electric Warrior.  That was a really popular album in Canada, but I’ve heard that T.Rex was not as well known in the US.  Is Marc Bolan well known to you guys?

TRex and Mark Bolan was very big in Australia 
Songs from Electric Warrior are still played on radio 
Have a few albums in the collection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 2:43 AM, Islander said:

They had at least one hit that was on the airwaves constantly back in the 70s. Wouldn't call them obscure from my perspective but I have forgotten the song. Too much substance abuse on my part probably. Bet I could sing along once I find it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Islander said:

That Blind Faith album cover was really rare in Canada.  I’ve only ever seen pictures of it, since we usually got the alternative cover, the black and yellow one.

The cover was actually an 11-year-old girl and not released in the US or Canada.  Quite the stir here in the US and Europe over that one.  Here's a link:  https://vintagenewsdaily.com/mariora-goschen-the-young-girl-featured-on-the-controversial-blind-faith-album-cover-in-1969/

• Like 4

Satuday right?  

Cream_-_Disraeli_Gears.jpg

Eagles-Hotel_California.jpg

GlenFrey-No_Fun_Allowed.jpg

Grand_Funk_-_Closer_to_home_1970.jpg

jefferson_airplane1.jpg

Chillin now with "The Long Run."  Survivin so far!  French doors are open.  Is that a block party or do we all have to have Heineken's and glassy eyes?  😂

Me thinks @JohnJ must be watching his "boys" play a real tough competitor in Wake Forest.  17-0 with 10 minutes left in the first half.  Seriously?  I'm thinkin 41-7 for a final.  They're soft as marshmallow's...  😂  🤣  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

From the vault LP #26 of close to 40 

Time for some good old blues rock guitar with a difference from the master 

Intricate and intense is a good description 

Artist - Roy Buchanan 

Title - Loading Zone 

Edit 

Abum ID - https://www.discogs.com/Roy-Buchanan-Loading-Zone/release/5545166

AE2-EE264-79-F6-4-D14-9616-D0515306-C586

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From the vault LP #27 of close to 40 

Time for some good old blues rock guitar with a difference from the master 

Intricate and intense is a good description 

Artist - Roy Buchanan 

Title - Loading Zone 

AE2-EE264-79-F6-4-D14-9616-D0515306-C586

Thanks, loading zone... cool , lol

• Like 2

From the vault LP #27 Of close to 40 

This album was released in 1973 and in my opinion one of the artists finest solo works 

Mesmerising is the only description I can give it and on a very sensitive audio system is a joy to hear everything on the black disc 

Artist - Rick Wakeman ‎
Title - The Six Wives Of Henry VIII

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Rick-Wakeman-The-Six-Wives-Of-Henry-VIII/release/1106945

55-FEA180-46-E2-4-D63-A83-F-685626505-BD

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Unzipped this and blown away...  Said it was smokin hot and yup it's definitely a double thumbs up! :)

IMG-20200912-161236318.jpg

That tv special was when I first saw Tal W.

Good show Imogen Heap has a fantastic instrument for a voice, & Clapton plays a few too!

Tough opponent?:P

"Wha'chu Talkin' `Bout Willis?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a more mellow Carlos Santana here but the guitar and percussion that we know is his isn't absent from this one.

Like a lower the lights after dinner and a movie LP!

PXL-20200915-011433993.jpg

The cover doesn't have ink on it so the label got the pic

• Like 4

From the vault LP #29 From close to 40 

Describing musically The reign of King Arthur 

Another great piece of work from the master of keyboards 

Artist - Rick Wakeman ‎
Title -  The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Rick-Wakeman-The-Myths-And-Legends-Of-King-Arthur-And-The-Knights-Of-The-Round-Table/release/1983051

E06-B5-FCE-497-D-4-FBD-BF2-D-55-A64-D050

• Like 4