Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@JohnJ  Santana´s " Welcome " first track sounds like Carlos was following Robert Fripp´s Spirit to the road to red ....

Welcome is the fifth studio album by Santana, released in 1973. It followed the jazz-fusion formula that the preceding Caravanserai had inaugurated, but with an expanded and different lineup this time. Gregg Rolie had left the band along with Neal Schon to form Journey, and they were replaced by Tom Coster, Richard Kermode and Leon Thomas, along with guest John McLaughlin, who had collaborated with Carlos Santana on Love Devotion Surrender. Welcome also featured John Coltrane's widow, Alice, as a pianist on the album's opening track, "Going Home" and Flora Purim (the wife of Airto Moreira) on vocals. This album was far more experimental than the first four albums, and Welcome did not produce any hit singles.

• Thanks 3

@Full Range   Wakeman is a solid British blooded

Rick Wakeman ,  ( born May 18, 1949 in Middlesex, now Perivale, London; actually Richard Christopher Wakeman)  is a British musician. He is considered one of the most important keyboarders of progressive rock.Wakeman's pioneering work in establishing the Mellotron and his classical piano training had a decisive influence on the sound of his regular band Yes in the early 1970s. His special relationship with Yes is evident in the fact that no one else left the band and later rejoined it as often as he did, who has a total of five new members. Characteristic and often imitated is also his stage appearance, mostly in a glitter cape, which has survived to this day on concert tours.

220px-Rickwakemanmoog.jpg

Brexit-Witze: Die besten Karikaturen, Memes, GIFs und Videos - DER SPIEGEL

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

received_1077932675955790.jpeg

Only in a few places or with few friends / here that translates to both!

But isn't "Sharing equivalent to Caring"!  (tip of the hat smiley)

Knowledge and time shared is an even more important standard.

You've got that in spades Buddy!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara

Interesting stuff and yep it's not his normal fare in my book that's why I captioned it like I did. The second side was more easily identifiable as his!

I really love this record , because it´s so different from all the other productions. Many say about Carlos Santana ..you got one album by Santana you have all albums by Santana. But this isn´t true at all.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll get some more on soon that I haven't played here already.

Fate was real good to me this past year, thought it had never noticed all the good things I've done my whole life! Can't forget that it had already got me for the bad/naughty I did.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range   Wakeman is a solid British blooded

Rick Wakeman ,  ( born May 18, 1949 in Middlesex, now Perivale, London; actually Richard Christopher Wakeman)  is a British musician. He is considered one of the most important keyboarders of progressive rock.Wakeman's pioneering work in establishing the Mellotron and his classical piano training had a decisive influence on the sound of his regular band Yes in the early 1970s. His special relationship with Yes is evident in the fact that no one else left the band and later rejoined it as often as he did, who has a total of five new members. Characteristic and often imitated is also his stage appearance, mostly in a glitter cape, which has survived to this day on concert tours.

220px-Rickwakemanmoog.jpg

Brexit-Witze: Die besten Karikaturen, Memes, GIFs und Videos - DER SPIEGEL

Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial
Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings.

And they can appear to themselves every day
On closed circuit T.V.
To make sure they're still real.
It's the only connection they feel.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Reagan and Haig,
Mr. Begin and friend, Mrs. Thatcher, and Paisly,
"Hello Maggie!"
Mr. Brezhnev and party.
"Who's the bald chap?"
The ghost of McCarthy,
The memories of Nixon.
"Good-bye!"
And now, adding color, a group of anonymous latin-
American Meat packing glitterati.

Did they expect us to treat them with any respect?
They can polish their medals and sharpen their
Smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for awhile.
Boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead.

Safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
With their favorite toys
They'll be good girls and boys
In the Fletcher Memorial Home for colonial
Wasters of life and limb.

Is everyone in?
Are you having a nice time?
Now the final solution can be applied.

• Like 3

Alchemy: Dire Straits Live was their first recorded live lp at the Hammersmith Odeon in London on 22–23 July 1983, the final two concerts of Dire Straits' eight-month Love Over Gold Tour promoting their album Love Over Gold. The concerts were recorded by Mick McKenna using the Rolling Stones Mobile unit. The recording was mixed at AIR Studios in London in November 1983.  Nigel Walker was the engineer.

Whew, forgot how great this lp was!   :)

IMG-20200915-002300187.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Alchemy: Dire Straits Live was their first recorded live lp at the Hammersmith Odeon in London on 22–23 July 1983, the final two concerts of Dire Straits' eight-month Love Over Gold Tour promoting their album Love Over Gold. The concerts were recorded by Mick McKenna using the Rolling Stones Mobile unit. The recording was mixed at AIR Studios in London in November 1983.  Nigel Walker was the engineer.

Whew, forgot how great this lp was!   :)

IMG-20200915-002300187.jpg

How should you have heard it with a 40 years old pickup and flat cut diamond . That's for sure rat's horny with the new Dynavector pickup smilie_hops_055.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the vault LP #30 of close to 40 

Backed by the London Symphony Orchestra this is a musical interpretation of a tale written by Jules Verne
A crowning achievement 

Artist - Rick Wakeman ‎
Title - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Rick-Wakeman-Journey-To-The-Centre-Of-The-Earth/release/2498553

7-B079884-3031-4613-8687-DE082-F5054-FE.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Full Range said:

From the vault LP #30 of close to 40 

Backed by the London Symphony Orchestra this is a musical interpretation of a tale written by Jules Verne
A crowning achievement 

Artist - Rick Wakeman ‎
Title - Journey To The Centre Of The Earth

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Rick-Wakeman-Journey-To-The-Centre-Of-The-Earth/release/2498553

7-B079884-3031-4613-8687-DE082-F5054-FE.

Obviously you got the whole Rick Wakeman collection.  Excellent..... Too bad I can't listen some of the tunes on your stereo gear

• Like 2

Their most commercially successful album, Brothers in Arms (1985), has sold more than 30 million copies; it was the first album to sell a million copies on compact disc, and is the eighth-bestselling album in UK history. According to the Guinness Book of British Hit Albums, Dire Straits have spent over 1,100 weeks on the UK albums chart, the fifth most of all time.

Yup, may as well since I'm here!  :)  

IMG-20200915-194201370.jpg

• Like 3

From the vault LP # 31 from close to 40 

Next is a beautiful constructed  album - more ambient in nature overall 

Jon Anderson (of Yes )  lends his voice to this album 

One needs to pay close attention without distractions to appreciate this album because it’s both complex and simple at the same time 

Artist - Vangelis 

Title - Heaven and Hell 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Heaven-And-Hell/release/1699515

EFC35-FB8-4-AA8-4-BCF-98-B9-9113-B1750-B

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Full Range said:

From the vault LP # 31 from close to 40 

Next is a beautiful constructed  album - more ambient in nature overall 

Jon Anderson (of Yes )  lends his voice to this album 

One needs to pay close attention without distractions to appreciate this album because it’s both complex and simple at the same time 

Artist - Vangelis 

Title - Heaven and Hell 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Vangelis-Heaven-And-Hell/release/1699515

EFC35-FB8-4-AA8-4-BCF-98-B9-9113-B1750-B

• Like 3