Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Got some jamming going on after a bad day here !

Carlos & Buddy Live

PXL-20200916-235447365.jpg

This Lp is making it better as I type!

*All songs are on side 1 except for "Free Form Funkafide Filth"

This is one serious record

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

Cool, Schon follows Santana in my records. And if you'd pull the above video up at youtube and expand the first post under it? You would see that Neil Schon and Jan Hammer were a part of the show on the above Santana LP.

Had this one since my 20s.

PXL-20200917-004158592.jpg

• Like 3

Think I'll stick with Carlos for the rest of the afternoon! Mellow, excellent guitar and nothing top40 about it AT ALL!

This one's cover is still pretty foil but before it got aged sure it was magnificent!

What's inside still is!

PXL-20200917-204912966.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I listen to this album for the fourth time in a row today. It is divine @Full Range  I´m soaring through a dream

That is a beautiful album 

Have one more to play - But will leave it wait to fit other LPs in the play order 

35 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Think I'll stick with Carlos for the rest of the afternoon! Mellow, excellent guitar and nothing top40 about it AT ALL!

This one's cover is still pretty foil but before it got aged sure it was magnificent!

What's inside still is!

This album is part of a trio 

Caravanserai 

Welcome 

Borboletta 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Think you will enjoyB)

It has some beautiful music in there!

I find the adaptation of John Coltran's " a love Supreme " well done. I don't like the other tunes that much. It goes very much in the direction of Free Fusion Jazz Rock that is directed to John Mc Loughlin´s style. I was afraid of that already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I've listened to all three recently.

Do you recall the theme of the trio?

The original and overall theme for Caravanserai -  is the eternal cycle of reincarnation, every soul going into and out of life
And I think it carries on to the next to the next two albums and adding - souls drifting apart and traveling away 

Liner notes 

Carlos already mentioned the following in the liner notes of the rematered edition of their third album : "We were beginning to disintegrate in terms of differences in taste. It's like anything. What used to be honey becomes vinagar. We started to drift apart, because Gregg and Neal Schon already had eyes to do the Journey thing. I think they'd had enough of rhytms or Latin or African, and they wanted to do more of their kind of rock'n'roll".

• Thanks 3