Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Felt like gettin a bit horney...  Just a bit.   Blood, Sweat & Tears is a Canadian-American jazz-rock music group fomed in 1967. They are noted for their combination of brass and rock band instrumentation. The group recorded songs by rock/folk songwriters such as Laura Nyro, James Taylor, the Band and the Rolling Stones as well as Billie Holiday and Erik Satie. They also incorporated music from Thelonious Monk and Sergei Prokofiev into their arrangements.

IMG-20200917-183610182.jpg

1972's New Blood" is the first disc following the departure of lead singer David Clayton Thomas has it moments.  The band vocals on "Touch Me" and the arrangement of Herbie Hancock's "Maiden Voyage" are among the highlights but then thee is Bob Dylan's "Down in the Flood" and Steve Katz's "Velvet."  Toss in Carole King's "Snow Queen" just smoothed things out even more.

IMG-20200917-190608712.jpg

Instead of relying on others for tunes the guys decided to keep some of the money in the group.  David Clayton Thomas penned "Go Down Gamblin" on BS&T 4 released in 1971.  Did need some horns and was nosin a bit and grabbed a couple.  Who knows maybe somethings up tonite?  Full Moon???  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@JohnJ  Congrat´s to your Hertitage Membership in the Klipsch Community ..It has been a long way ...

I´m a regular ...still .....smilie-gross_341.jpg

Noticed that recently. No biggie, just something numerical with amount of posts or likes.

With your hunger for the how and why and that first thread documenting your fascinating RF-7-MK IIs you're closer than you'd think to it!

Heck you haven't even been hanging out here a year yet have you?

Blood Sweat & Tears.... I had just forgotten how complex their music was with the brass, the funk, & the rock in perfect harmony.

The airwaves left me behind sometime twenty years ago with the noise they were playing. BS&T weren't on them anymore anyhow like they were when I had the radio on six hours a day every day. Those impeccable Russians doing the Chicago tunes had one of theirs up at youtube last year then I got a couple with my boatload. Cleared the cobwebs a little!

Positive and happy uplifting tunes!

• Like 3

I'm sorry to say but it takes me back 40 years looking for things you can only find only on the Darkness on the Edge of Town, on suicide machines. If anyone every ask if you have ever smoked a joint you can always just say I went to college back in the 60's, 70's.  Now over 70 don't even drink regular coffee, decafe. 

• Haha 4

Get Ready is the RIAA Platinum-certified second studio album by American blues rock band Rare Earth. It was released on September 30, 1969 by Motown Records. The album spawned one hit single, an 21 : 30 minutes edited version of "Get Ready", which peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1970. Well I was 8 years old at that time.

340432449_RareEarthGetReadykleiner.thumb.jpg.387520b9a906e8d1c90031a8e9d78dd4.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Noticed that recently. No biggie, just something numerical with amount of posts or likes.

With your hunger for the how and why and that first thread documenting your fascinating RF-7-MK IIs you're closer than you'd think to it!

Heck you haven't even been hanging out here a year yet have you?

In 22 December 2019 I registered here. The german audio forums with their endless audio technology wars after the search " who has the holy grail " had worn me down. These are battles that are fought there, you can't imagine. In January 16th this year I opened my RF7 MK II thread " The Queen is dead...long live the Queen". Guys over 52.000 views...that impressed me. Quickly I found out that my thread was only the entry to this forum, I discovered so many topics and especially the software architecture of this forum is so well done that you have the feeling to really communicate with each other. That I wrote so many postings in 8 months surprises me also, however, I needed in the German forum for 1.500 posts over 3 years.

It's not about the Likes here, it's also not about the virtual rise in this forum. I consider myself as a small wheel in a huge clockwork. But you must know that you have all become an important part of my life. Even if you are all so far away.....without you I would miss something very important in my life. I share with you my love for music and my dedication to audio technology. These are true men's domains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Just had a flashback!  Had to!   😂

Took a while but...  Great song!    😎

Yeah , really great .......reminds me of a german singer & songwriter. Mr. Reinhard Mey with the song " above the clouds freedom must be borderless " .

• Like 2