Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Been a bit insane running this week.  In and out for the most part.  Glad to see @grasshopper is above ground and able to stick his head in.  Couple auction runs this week for a couple deals.  Had too!  Cleanin out the garage is fun too.  Might get this place a bit more organized by Christmas.  Took a lil break this evening and relaxed.  :)

Robin_Trower_-_Coming_Closer_to_the_Day-

Dire_Straits_-_Brothers_in_Arms__85.jpg

Jeff_Beck_-_Ronnie_Scotts_in_Soho_2020.j

Doors_-_LA_Woman_remaster.jpg

Henley.jpg

*** Side note...  Does anyone besides @oldtimer know how many times they've had to get up to either flip or change an lp???  The thoughts I have at times when I immerse myself....  Just put Winwood "Arc of The Diver" on to finish up the evening.  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

*** Side note...  Does anyone besides @oldtimer know how many times they've had to get up to either flip or change an lp???  The thoughts I have at times when I immerse myself....  Just put Winwood "Arc of The Diver" on to finish up the evening.  :)

Uncountable for me but never boring 

It’s actually an art and many many methods employed 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Does anyone besides @oldtimer know how many times they've had to get up to either flip or change an lp??

can't say that I know...

but, I do know how many times it took to remember that only half the lp is on each side...

and how stupid I felt after thinking, "I remember this album having more songs"

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Been a bit insane running this week.  In and out for the most part.  Glad to see @grasshopper is above ground and able to stick his head in.  Couple auction runs this week for a couple deals.  Had too!  Cleanin out the garage is fun too.  Might get this place a bit more organized by Christmas.  Took a lil break this evening and relaxed.  :)

Robin_Trower_-_Coming_Closer_to_the_Day-

Dire_Straits_-_Brothers_in_Arms__85.jpg

Jeff_Beck_-_Ronnie_Scotts_in_Soho_2020.j

Doors_-_LA_Woman_remaster.jpg

Henley.jpg

Maybe you should look into one of these.😁

webster-chicago record changer 1940 | Al Q | Flickr

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Somebody in my "foggy" years loved Neil and I've heard that and so much CSNY that I overloaded on it. That release is about his very best!

Can use it sparingly now if I dutifully cast aside his recent hateful political commentary.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Somebody in my "foggy" years loved Neil and I've heard that and so much CSNY that I overloaded on it. That release is about his very best!

Can use it sparingly now if I dutifully cast aside his recent hateful political commentary.

Many of his songs from the late 60s and onwards are political as were from many artists of that era 

And even although he is not an American citizen and can’t vote, he apparently like Sanders ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yea I know all that, but back then there weren't people getting hurt physically, or their livelihood's & life's work being burned to the ground.

Dude the hatred is palpable here now. It is sickening.

It is towards the ones that value the Ten Commandments, the Constitution, the Golden Rule....

F - it, :wink:I'm getting a second shot and playing some tunes in a minute to close out the week!

* & if you listen there is simple wisdom out there

PXL-20201005-010907311.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

I hate elections now because of the negative campaigns 

Here in Australia we get fairly even reporting and I watch updates on an ABC program called “ Planet America “

You can view it by downloading the ABC Iview app 

Mind games is right 

And this by Alex Morton 

215-CE9-AB-D46-C-4-B3-C-8327-10-C16-C546

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

First to mind is my favorite band from "down there" and you know who that is and which lp was Bon's last!

Next is that eastern european dude/thing/it/he/she (wouldn't want to offend) have to tread carefully:P

But that's not going on tonight I'm tilting a different way right now!

PXL-20201005-013434023.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
Wrote Angus, meant Bon.
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

I hate elections now because of the negative campaigns 

Here in Australia we get fairly even reporting and I watch updates on an ABC program called “ Planet America “

You can view it by downloading the ABC Iview app 

Mind games is right 

And this by Alex Morton 

215-CE9-AB-D46-C-4-B3-C-8327-10-C16-C546

• Like 2

My dear mates in here.

I want you to know that my father died at the age of 86 in the early hours of this morning. We have been fighting for his life for about 9 months. Now he has passed away. May God welcome him with all his love and admit him into his kingdom.

I myself am also lying in a hospital with the suspicion of a tumor in my brain. Further details will be clarified in the next few days. I am as tough as an ox and I am not easily thrown off track by such a diagnosis. I have to mourn my father for the first time. I will master these exceptional situations. Nobody is born and goes through life without pain and grief. It belongs to it like the love, the joy and the luck. God bless you all.

• Sad 9