Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I feel for you @MicroMara getting hit twice by fast-balls at once.

Sorry for your loss George.

Stay strong, sure you know that positive brain power and attitude can help with everything. Know that's difficult right now. You've got some really smart folks over there, keep us posted on your prognosis and how you are.

You & yours are in my thoughts & prayers, maybe it's not their suspicion bud.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

My dear mates in here.

I want you to know that my father died at the age of 86 in the early hours of this morning. We have been fighting for his life for about 9 months. Now he has passed away. May God welcome him with all his love and admit him into his kingdom.

I myself am also lying in a hospital with the suspicion of a tumor in my brain. Further details will be clarified in the next few days. I am as tough as an ox and I am not easily thrown off track by such a diagnosis. I have to mourn my father for the first time. I will master these exceptional situations. Nobody is born and goes through life without pain and grief. It belongs to it like the love, the joy and the luck. God bless you all.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

George, prayers are going up for you and your family.  Lost my mother last summer @ 96 and that I'll never forget.  It's God's plan for all of us and we have to accept it even though we don't want to.  Your Dad is in a much better place now.  I'll be praying for you daily brother.  May He lift you all up!

• Like 7

@grasshopper...  @Tarheel   @KROCK    @JohnJ   @dirtmudd   @Buck115   @oldtimer   @Dave1290  @billybob  ....

I would like to thank you all very much for your condolences.I am listening to music from the YouTube spinning thread. Listening to music helps me to process the grief.  The albums of Genesis Family Rarities Vol. 1 & Vol. 2  as well as Genesis " Friends and Relatives " which correspond to my state of mind.  I never thought that these three albums would become so significant. 

Please do me a favour ...keep on spinning and having joy and fun in this thread from now on ....everything is said and mentioned now.

Keep in touch

Regards George

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

58 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@grasshopper...  @Tarheel   @KROCK    @JohnJ   @dirtmudd   @Buck115   @oldtimer   @Dave1290  @billybob  ....

I would like to thank you all very much for your condolences.I am listening to music from the YouTube spinning thread. Listening to music helps me to process the grief.  The albums of Genesis Family Rarities Vol. 1 & Vol. 2  as well as Genesis " Friends and Relatives " which correspond to my state of mind.  I never thought that these three albums would become so significant. 

Please do me a favour ...keep on spinning and having joy and fun in this thread from now on ....everything is said and mentioned now.

Keep in touch

Regards George

I recall when we had a send off event for a dear forum friend Boxx I posted "When I Go Away" by Levon Helm.  I just qued that up for your father's passing.  Hang in there my friend......we feel your pain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@MicroMara 

Just read your post 

Please accept my condolences 

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time of loss. And music you like is a great way to calm the raging mind 

Also fingers crossed for a good medical result for you my friend- fight on 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Regards George

"As You Wish"

You're still in our thoughts.

So today would have been my mom's birthday, along with the great famous talented people that have gone home this year. @Dave1290 @MicroMara and myself lost great people that are still close to us.

Will make a meal she would have enjoyed this evening pork chops in the oven baked in Lipton Onion Soup mix, cornbread, turnip greens and something else. Got pears for dessert.

Cool here again, I've been puttering around the yard picking up, pulling up and such. Today with tunes piped out through the Klipsch for me to enjoy outside... the exercise comes when I have to run in to pick up the needle, got the doors all unlocked for easy access.

Picking up where I left off the other night.

PXL-20201006-155444895.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

You're not the only ones.

I'm sure of that Brian.

So with my own heartache today, those two guys that I converse with often came to mind first.

If win10 doesn't crash on me again and let me finish this time... still with the blues and related music. This is almost finished now:

PXL-20201006-163556489.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

You're not the only ones.

Indeed .....there are uncauntable thouthands of cases like mine in every town, district, countrie and continent. Just imagine who many humans are going to die just in this few seconds, while I´m writing this post and how many babies will be born in the same period of time. I call this " the circle of life. We are all just glimmering falling stars that for a fraction of a second are making their way through the night sky. Have you seen one of them it has already gone again.

• Like 7