Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Thank you Paul for your insite on the meanings within my music selection this evening.  Good to be here as always when I am spinning vinyl :D..................cheers my friend........I will always return, even though, it tends to be long pauses between postings.🍷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Quite the weekend here.  lolol  Covid's slipping back into Ohio so no jam night this weekend.  :(  Buddy stopped by to listen and listen we did.  I've gotta get this guy outta his 70's head bangin rut!  Gonna be a slow process I'm thinking. 😂

Hit him with the the Alan Holdsworth then the Water's Live in Berlin, The Wall release and he enjoyed both.  Actually, was impressed w/the quality of The Wall pressing since everyone has heard the Floyd version but few have heard the Water's version, which is fantastic I think.  That's one show I wish I could have seen.  Coming 6 months after the wall was torn down "freedom" hit home with everyone and the artist's involved? 

It's always fun playing with him.  hahaha  :)

IMG-20201010-184744993.jpg

His third, released in 1971, soothed the beast in him for a bit...  ha!

Then hammered him w/a lil "Gaucho" Steely Dan's 7th LP released in Nov. of 1980 after 2 years in the studio.  Not much groaning but it's NOT "Aja."

steely-dan-gaucho.jpg

Little_Feat.jpg

Jammed some Little Feat in just for giggles n $chiit's.l  :)  Happy boy and it even drew a few comments.  lol

JJ_Cale_-_Trubadour__72_remaster.jpg

I kinda think he's gonna survive.  No Crims yet but he enjoys Zappa so that's a good thing!  He'll survive!  Me?  Well maybe!

• Like 4

Live LPs update.

It's been a while since our last message, so we thought it was high-time for an update.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's bought the Plays Live album. "Gabriel at his arthouse best" according to Prog Magazine and "excellent" sound quality, said Clash. Hope you're enjoying the LP too.

In less positive news, we've had some delays with the delivery of Live In Athens and Secret World Live vinyl stock, which means we've had to move back these two release dates in order to make the deadlines with our distributors. For now, at least, Growing Up Live remains unchanged. 

We know changes are frustrating and thank you for your patience. Here is the current state of play:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
Live In Athens 1987
Release date in retail in the USA moves to 6 November (16 October in the ROW)

However, if you have bought the LP from the Real World shop it will ship for the 16 October release date.
Secret World Live        
Release date is now 6 November (was originally 23 October)

This means retailers in the USA will now have Athens and Secret World Live available on the same day.
Growing Up Live        
Release date remains 27 November (we hope!)

Bundles of all four LPs, bought from the Real World shop, will still ship in conjunction with the release of Growing Up Live.

Peter Walsh on Plays Live & Secret World Live.
Peter Walsh co-produced both Plays Live and Secret World Live with Peter Gabriel. He was also the front-of-house sound engineer for the Secret Word Live tour. Peter has been kind enough to give us some of his recollections of working on the two albums, which you can read here.

Sound engineer Ben Findlay discusses the process of restoring and mixing the audio for Peter Gabriel’s Athens concert of 1987, which he did for the So 25th anniversary box set release. It's his mix that was used to cut the Live In Athens 1987 LP.

Armando Gallo took the cover photograph used on both Plays Live and the new Live In Athens 1987 LP. One, a rare snapshot of stillness, the other a blur of movement. Fleeting moments, captured forever. 
"I was always listening to the music when I photographed a concert," says Gallo. "Somehow my index finger pressed the clicker in time with the lights and the percussion - the heart of the music. I always felt grateful that I could shoot Peter’s entire shows. Once I asked Peter if he didn’t mind me being in the pit photographing his every move. 'No, I love to see a friendly face,' he answered. Making me feel good about it."
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice playlist of albums @Dave1290 seems everyone was diggin' Steely Dan lately! & why not!

Haven't visited here lately so I'm going to start with something that I enjoy and got again after years without... and I did not gravitate towards this because of Shock the Monkey that leans towards pop to me. It was the incredible textures of the music & percussion on side one (PG4 A) that I dug when I heard this LP played on the radio before or right after it came out.

PXL-20201012-210744853.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
&
  • Like 5

And that record is a hard act to follow, but I think I found one keeping with the technological prowess and superb musical sounds of that Gabriel half speed.

This was the first LP of theirs that I heard. Yep heard their first a couple days later at that friends house, recognized 20th Century Schizoid Man from the radio then.

PXL-20201012-215923229.jpg

• Like 5

Felt like some guitar playing, passed over EC, JJ, Billy G, Jimi, Frank Marino. *??am I really looking for some picking?

Here it is with a little bit of a salty attitude:

PXL-20201014-012844997.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 4

Came back to this page and they are visible here now:wacko:

Won't make it through this whole set of records tonight, especially with my two shot nightcap tonight.

Leon Live is a triple set of records.

PXL-20201014-021220164.jpg

Sounds like a heck of a party / show!!

• Like 3

Dear mates........ just a little note for your information

Today I was discharged from the hospital and now back home again together with my wife and my two children.  I was not allowed to see them for 10 days. Because of Covid 19 even the nearest family members are not allowed to visit their relatives. I am fine according to the circumstances. The medication gives me a terrible headache, I feel tired all the time and the food does not taste good. In January 2021 I have to go to hospital again for 10 days for a check-up.Friday at noon my father will be buried in the immediate family circle. Because of Covid 19, a maximum of 20 people can attend the funeral. The year 2020 is really strange ..........

............................................................................see you , many greetings  smilie_winke_089.gif  and stay healthy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Glad to hear they discharged. Too bad the meds don't agree with ya.

I went to see the cardiologist for the results of my stress test.... y'all are just gonna have to deal with me. He sez I'm good to go. Everything shows "normal"... no Jack LaLanne.... but doesn't need to see me for a year...

since we are on live performances

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@grasshopper   @KROCK   thanx buddies ......... My mood doesn´t currently allow me to entertain myself with music. Every noise seems to me as if it´s over 120 dB . It´s simply unbearable ...unfortunately .....

Just relax, you'll feel better before you know it. Try to deal with the service as best you can. Get well soon, we need you here. I'm running out of albums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Full Range  Don´t be sad my mate ....I think it will be better in a few days. I was extracted of some of the nerve fluid between the vertebrae. I have constant underpressure in my head, which causes tremendous pain. The doctors told me today that this condition lasts a few days. Therefore I have to take a lot of painkillers every day , approx. 8 gramm. That is not nice.

Nice to be back ..I missed you ......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

@MicroMara I agree with @KROCK 

& do hope those side effects get better so you can take less dope. (I call all pain Rx's that just like all soda is coke.) Opposite of the way I was forty years ago the less you have to take the better off you are.

Hope you manage to have a great time with your family and comfort from them for Friday and then after...

Do what you've got to do man, we'll be here...

*Had this on earlier, funny didn't think of taking the pic until I was putting it away.

A little different from his solo work I have.. but not much, it can't be much different if he's on it!

PXL-20201014-232956025.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1