Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

no no ..claypool is cool , but still toooooooooooo expensive in germany, that´s why I don´t have their albums ...( you´ll might  remember over $ 70 for a record )

Yea I recall you saying that awhile back, that's a shame. Can you pull it up on your pc or a streamer to go with your badas* system?

I'd forgot how much I loved that particular Clapton record with the black lab on the cover. His work was masterfully done!! What to follow that outstanding LP with?

Another one of his! 

Seriously if there was ever a vid I put up that you should listen to the whole thing I'd recommend the one above!!

I know that's a lot of exclamation points.

PXL-20201017-231646059.jpg

* this one starts with one covered by my first favorite band: Aerosmith

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@baron167

Thought that was Yamaha red amp lights behind the glass. One of those from the late 70s led to me owning a monstrous RX-1100 for thirty years. It was a sad day when I had to let it go because the led screen quit working right and it was tied to the control board. Still sounded good for a while longer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

my system looks similar ... if you disregard all of the equipment to the left of the LaScala. All I have to push my LaScalas is a vintage H/K 630.

Problem I have, is any upgrade to the amp/receiver would cost more than I have wrapped up in the everything.

I did that eventually and I am glad I did.  Just choose carefully and pounce when you can.

• Like 7

[mention=63007]baron167[/mention]
Thought that was Yamaha red amp lights behind the glass. One of those from the late 70s led to me owning a monstrous RX-1100 for thirty years. It was a sad day when I had to let it go because the led screen quit working right and it was tied to the control board. Still sounded good for a while longer.

Hey JohnJ, these are from the ‘80’s (C-60 to M-60), what? You think I’m unreasonable or something? [emoji23]
My main system is a (newer) C-85 feeding 2 M-45’s bridged mono driving Klipschorns. I’m tempted to get into a new toroidal-driven Yamaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nope not unreasonable, fortunate to have those beautiful SS amps connected to LaScalas!

* Their stuff from the last decade had deplorable specs as far as I was concerned, so I found Cambridge before I rebuilt my rig!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nope not unreasonable, fortunate to have those beautiful SS amps connected to LaScalas!
* Their stuff from the last decade had deplorable specs as far as I was concerned, so I found Cambridge before I rebuilt my rig!

Thinking their new stuff is awesome per reviews and second-hand experience from friend with A S-1200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

When I didn't know as much about the harmonic distortion talked about with tubes and the RX1100 was measured with such incredible S/N ratios that great tuner, .00x distortion not at 20w RMS but at listening levels that I thought had made a big difference. I know their newer ones with the simple knobs and a pot on the face looked like old stuff. But my lack of knowledge that I'm a little better with now sent me searching. That Cambridge CX series was priced good and really has a good sound to it so I've been happy with it (stuck with it) too.

Didn't have any to listen to and was stuck here mostly then being a caregiver.

• Like 1

WB MicroMara!  Nice to see what everyone else is running!  I'm surrounded in 12 packs and a couple 30 packs.  Guess it was decided to spend Saturday evening here.  This could get interesting before the night's over!  No one would speak up so I guess I started it...

Doors_-_Live___Isle_of_Wight_70_remaster

Followed by a lil "Machine Head," and right now this since the drummer is sittin here.  😂

Prolly gonna take me a few days to get right after this!  😎 Pride_&_Glory_-__94_Zach_Wylde_from_Ozzy

BTW John, Clemson SUCKS!  The B1G starts next week and the Buckeye's are comin for ya!  FINALLY get to watch some football with REAL opponents! To you other guys, that's AMERICAN football not Aussie footie with teams playing everywhere in 4 different leagues.  It's bad enough for most of the Americans to follow one game a week!😂  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cool, didn't have a color tv until about 1985 1975 so never saw one of those technological marvels from the 60s before!

*wrong decade. Know how I know? the cabinet next to me in here I made the guts for it in shop the year after the bicentennial... 1977

That was the cabinet for the B&W Zenith that I watched the Green Hornet on, and Gilligan, Ultraman, HeHaw, Watergate.....

PXL-20201018-011539006.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
wrong decade
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Cool, didn't have a color tv until about 1985 so never saw one of those technological marvels from the 60s before!

We never had a clicker either.  But we knew of them from better off relatives and such.  Us kids were the remotes back then, and we fought over whose turn it was, especially in the winter, because the dry air made it extremely likely to get a static electric shock.  No, it's your turn...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3