Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 10/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, baron167 said:

Seriously, with all due respect GFYS.

Huh? If that means what it looks like with an extra letter for clarification for the three words?

Nobody ever said that to you in your life?  Or you didn't understand it was with good humor?

If friends (or in laws) came over for an evening after me and my x had been going at it all day over something...

They would say something like "Alright now, fight nice you two"

Think @billybob `bout went there and took it away but I'm not bashful plus my couth took a hike years ago. & that guy is about as easy going as you will find here.

I'm not, with that Scotch-Irish temperament I have, so I'll dive right in! 💋

This was done at Capricorn also and Duane & Chuck Leavell were in on this with some friends!

PXL-20201020-010818517.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You Know it! it's a double record so there is a lot to it... just the guys having fun is what it sounds like.

Like neighbors on their back porch jamming on a Friday night!!

Well my neighbor that did that never had the drums and a fiddle there but the atmosphere is the same!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You Know it! it's a double record so there is a lot to it... just the guys having fun is what it sounds like.

Like neighbors on their back porch jamming on a Friday night!!

Well my neighbor that did that never had the drums and a fiddle there but the atmosphere is the same!

Drums who needs drums in county music 

I’m fairly sure that traditional bluegrass music has no drums 

And early country music had no drums except for an occasional renegade - I’m sure drums were forbidden at the Grand Ole Opry and only gained favour after Rock&Roll 

It’s now normal for a band to choose a drummer or not 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JohnJ said:

couth

Couth?  You?  😂  It's ok I'm the same way!  😇  ☠️

15 hours ago, Full Range said:

Drums who needs drums in county music 

Spoons and the heavy heel of a good boot worked.  Taint nuttin it'll work cause those listening will be doin the same thing!  👢 :)

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

for our DeadHeads

Atta boy grasshopper!  Keep the peace brother!  ✌️

Yes, emotie day today!  Bored with a million things to do.  Had to empty the album cabinet so I could unroll the other magic carpet and decided to leave some breathing room on the cabinet shelves when I put them back in.  Great idea but now have 2' left and zero room on the shelves.  Another shelf?  I have 6' of countertop left in the garage and I'm actually thinking about runnin it into the wall above those below with 3-inch screws.

IMG-20201020-131751763.jpg

Enter the insanity...   Notice the bow in the center of the white shelf?  It's lagged into the wall and supported by two upside down staircase spindles on the each end from an old stair case.  I have more spindles so that's not the problem, BUT I SHOULD get one to support the center of the shelf.  So far so good with it that way BUT...  Do ya think IF I lag the shelf into the wall above and support the left end w/a spindle then put another spindle ABOVE the center spindle I'm going to add below it that it will hold it all?  Yea, I still have about 2+ feet of lp's that aren't showing in the pic too.  Yea, I'm nuts but listening...  Or maybe just shoot me???  Thinking HARD about a nice shelf up top for all my good stuff and that's appealing...  Ok, just shoot me...  :)

NO I'm not giving anyone any albums either! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Couth?  You?  😂  It's ok I'm the same way!  😇  ☠️

Spoons and the heavy heel of a good boot worked.  Taint nuttin it'll work cause those listening will be doin the same thing!  👢 :)

Atta boy grasshopper!  Keep the peace brother!  ✌️

Yes, emotie day today!  Bored with a million things to do.  Had to empty the album cabinet so I could unroll the other magic carpet and decided to leave some breathing room on the cabinet shelves when I put them back in.  Great idea but now have 2' left and zero room on the shelves.  Another shelf?  I have 6' of countertop left in the garage and I'm actually thinking about runnin it into the wall above those below with 3-inch screws.

IMG-20201020-131751763.jpg

Enter the insanity...   Notice the bow in the center of the white shelf?  It's lagged into the wall and supported by two upside down staircase spindles on the each end from an old stair case.  I have more spindles so that's not the problem, BUT I SHOULD get one to support the center of the shelf.  So far so good with it that way BUT...  Do ya think IF I lag the shelf into the wall above and support the left end w/a spindle then put another spindle ABOVE the center spindle I'm going to add below it that it will hold it all?  Yea, I still have about 2+ feet of lp's that aren't showing in the pic too.  Yea, I'm nuts but listening...  Or maybe just shoot me???  Thinking HARD about a nice shelf up top for all my good stuff and that's appealing...  Ok, just shoot me...  :)

NO I'm not giving anyone any albums either! 

smilie-gross_340.gif

hope it´s works ....If i would be your neighbour , I would be pleased to help you

• Like 3

You're as bad as I am @Dave1290

Did you empty all that or just the bookcase to get that rug halfway under it?

And what is that white shelving made out of, is it the same one from last year before the buckets full of more LPs came your way?

Think I'm going with bookcases when I re-locate so I can give the crates back to my brother, he likes them more than I do and has zero albums.

Got two of them and they are sturdy with movable shelves.

PXL-20201020-191221138.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Did you empty all that or just the bookcase to get that rug halfway under it?

And what is that white shelving made out of, is it the same one from last year before the buckets full of more LPs came your way?

Yup, the only way to do it right.  Yup, same shelf and even bowed a bit it's holding fine.  Not gonna chance it though.

28 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Anchor into a 2 X 4 in the ceiling and run a chain... lol

Trust me I've thought of that too.  Even thought about having two more cabinets made but today they'd be $1500 or more each.  It was $750 about 50 years ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

Trust me I've thought of that too.  Even thought about having two more cabinets made but today they'd be $1500 or more each.  It was $750 about 50 years ago.

Ahh Sooo

Nice shelf you have there. mine were manufactured but are from the 70s I'd call them the real mccoy also.

@grasshopper thoroughly enjoyed that James Gang record... it took me back, way back man!

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@grasshopper thoroughly enjoyed that James Gang record... it took me back, way back man!

That's the thing about Joe.  He never took you any place that he'd never been before!  hahaha  ALL of them were insane!  Great guy and allll business.  I mean what don't people get about "Good Night" when he says it?  He's done and he's GONE!  ALTHOUGH one night all of us old guys were sitting together in the first row and he did add I.L.B.T.'s.  Before he started he took a couple requests but didn't play ours.  When he closed the door with it he brought the house down.  The Toledo Zoo amphitheater?  Yea, he made a promise and years later fulfilled that old promise.  2k saw that show but he made a promise when they first started.  "Analog Man" is a great album.    

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I am also getting sealed cabinets made in MDF that also allow for albums to be flipped to view - just like a record store 

They will be similar to these in the link below - and thought to post the link from the USA just in case you wanted to order some 

I’m building a unit to fit anywhere from 850 to 1000 albums so need to get the measurements right 

http://www.cdcabinets.com/LP-Cabinet.htm 

And yes @Dave1290 they have prices starting low like 50 years ago 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I am also getting sealed cabinets made in MDF that also allow for albums to be flipped to view - just like a record store 

They will be similar to these in the link below - and thought to post the link from the USA just in case you wanted to order some 

I’m building a unit to fit anywhere from 850 to 1000 albums so need to get the measurements right 

http://www.cdcabinets.com/LP-Cabinet.htm 

can you order 20 of those for me please ???????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3