Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Got a couple boxes today so chillin and sharin.  That IS what this place is all about isn't it?  The last RSD paid off for me and I really can't figure this one out.  Maybe then or just maybe the album God's blessed me.  Dunno but the jacket cover is signed and was sealed AFTER he signed it.  The shipping tag on it said "signed copy" and it was only $19.95.  Couldn't find the signature on it anywhere then spotted it up top.  I've always enjoyed Bruce Hornsby!  A bit uneventful but still a nice touch.

IMG-20201020-192421211.jpg

Can't help but love this guy.  Sorley missed by so many.  HAD to!  Great album.  180 gram and clean as a whistle!  It's a keeper with or without your boots on!

IMG-20201020-200638671.jpg

• Like 7

Tone arm is at the ready!  I've been waiting on this lp for a VERY long time and yea I bought two.  Gotta have a stash for the kids yanno.  Had it and poof gone.  Hate CD's but bought it to fill the void.  Yea, ya can all talk about me now cause I won't be back til tomorrow!  😂  Gonna scoot and settle in on the first of 3 lp's.  Toodles!  :)

IMG-20201020-203026737.jpg

• Like 7

it´s a soft come back into listening and spinning records ...can´t listen ProgRock at the moment ...to hard for my soul ...

Steely Dan´s "AjA" , beside " Goucho , " You can´t buy a thrill " & " Prezel Logic " their best record .....

20201021_192647.thumb.jpg.bd881d39f35462917962e723bfebfc7d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just removed the Benz Micro Moving Coil pickup, which was a real pain in my ears, despite the excellent MC transistor phono preamplifier. I couldn't stand it anymore. Therefore I connected an Audio Technica AT 20 SLA Moving Magnet cartridge with Shibata needle grinding. Now I am happy again, what a fantastic pickup .

20201021_225623.thumb.jpg.64e5e930e854d8a42b21068a97ba2462.jpg 

• Like 7

Gotta love Sticky Fingers but that "Thru the Past Darkly" LP has a bit of sentimental value to me.  A Buck Sergeant had just come back from Nam and shipped his stereo back to Ft. Benning.  Couldn't figure out where the smell of pot was coming from in the barracks so I walked down the hall and found the room.  Kinda watched to see who had it.  Remember the guys name started w/a Z but clueless.  Seemed like a strange dude then one night he had that album on w/the door open so I walked down.  First time I heard it and it sounded great on his system.  Next thing I know he closed the door and pulled out a joint and offered it to me.  Like pot?  In the Barracks?  Seriously?  Talking jail?  Ummm Nah!  So he opened up the back of his big Sansui speakers and turned the light on.  He sent back 4 speakers and each one was packed full of Thai stick, black tar opium and pot.  This dude was NUTS but didn't really care about anything.  He smoked every night until his ETS.  Great album!  hahaha 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up peeps!  

Due to the ongoing pandemic, this year’s special Tom Petty Birthday Bash, honoring what would have been his 70th birthday, will be held virtually tomorrow (Friday, Oct 23) with 5 hours of performances, testimonials and tributes to Tom from friends and fans including Stevie Nicks, Chris Stapleton, Post Malone, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Norah Jones, The Raconteurs, Jason Isbell, a very special performance by Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench and many more.
SiriusXM’s Tom Petty Radio will kick things off tomorrow at 4:30p.m. ET with an audio broadcast. The Petty estate will then join forces with Amazon Music and livestream their concert event on Amazon Music’s Twitch Channel, Amazon Music’s mobile app, and TomPetty.com at 7:00p.m. ET. Be sure to tune-in! Can’t make it? Don’t worry, the festival will be re-airing all weekend long.
SiriusXM:
Saturday 10/24 12am, 10am, and 6pm et
Sunday 10/25 6am, 1pm, and 8pm et
Amazon Music:
Sunday 10/25 10am pt
Monday 10/26 10am pt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Time for some of my eclectic taste to surface

was driving my daughter to high school once upon a time and she said "when I get in your truck, I never know what kind of music is going to play next."  It's Queen, then Glen Campbell, then Nat King Cole, then Pink Floyd, then Tommy Dorsey, etc...   I'm all over the place. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

was driving my daughter to high school once upon a time and she said "when I get in your truck, I never know what kind of music is going to play next."  It's Queen, then Glen Campbell, then Nat King Cole, then Pink Floyd, then Tommy Dorsey, etc...   I'm all over the place. 

Seems similar enough to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw that you are talking about furniture for records and for HiFi a few pages ago, here is mine that I made in 2009: it does not bend under the enormous weight of LPs, MDF boards because they do not flex, and spacers to support the weight: nothing moves

0c0p.jpg

Detail of the moldings and the furniture's finishing decorations, we can't see it in the photos but I also put moldings for the junction with the ceiling

bop7.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1