Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@mustang_flht   owns ... AKG, Empire, Stanton 881S, Denon DL103, Dynavetor Karat Ruby    smilie_op_007.gif

@JohnJ  said ......you are fortunate to have a working one on hand! 

My Cartridge collection .....all in good working order or retipped   > Shure Ultra 500, AT 20 SLA, Grado Gold II, Ortofon MC 30 , Goldring Eroica, Goldring 2500, Benz Micro Gold,

Denon 103 R, AKG Super Nova vdH, Sonus Gold Blue, Micro Seiki VF 3200E , Osawa 301, Nagaoka MP 300 , Elac 796 HSG < and some more.......

I need approx 30 minutes for an exchange of the pick up on my tonearm. I have a second tonearm pipe as well. The Micro Seiki MA 500 Tonearm allows to change the pipe , like others change their headshell.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

That's a bunch of cartridges!

For me it's hard to find anything to follow RUSH with since they were such a big part of my life. Only have three left from the eighties so here is the next.

Must not have even listened to these few since my rig has been able to play down to 18hz. BIG difference with these synthesizers and keyboards!

PXL-20201024-212449194.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The " Hana´MC´s " are as boring as the " Micro Benz MC`s " ...total analytical, total emotionless

The Hana blows the 150 away with all my Jazz/Classical ! Much more detail, at least in my system. Very happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

No sadness that was the confused smiley.

As to why so many?

You already answered and I do understand:lol:

You must know that I "only" own one record player and that I have owned it for 38 years now. Of course I have collected many cartridges over the years, if a needle was played I let it retipping, also with the MC's. The second MA 500 Tonearm Pipe..I bought from a Japanese distributor.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KROCK said:

The Hana blows the 150 away with all my Jazz/Classical ! Much more detail, at least in my system. Very happy.

No disagreement between us, but as you allready mentioned ..they can´t rock , that´s what I ment ........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's a bunch of cartridges!

For me it's hard to find anything to follow RUSH with since they were such a big part of my life. Only have three left from the eighties so here is the next.

Must not have even listened to these few since my rig has been able to play down to 18hz. BIG difference with these synthesizers and keyboards!

PXL-20201024-212449194.jpg

Rush always have beautiful cover designs ....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

I confirm the ATs are great and very well balanced for our vinyls. The new VM range is very good from low to high, I love my VM740ML

I have the famous Audio Technica AT170 cartridge 

But alas I need to have a new stylus fitted 😫 or a re-tip 

I tried to get a replacement but they are no longer made 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/177032-wtb-audio-technica-stylus-atn170/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/177032-wtb-audio-technica-stylus-atn170/

When I purchased the 150, I also ordered an extra stylist. I'm @ 211 hrs. on it.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Full Range said:

You can send it to me if you want...or to these addresses in germany for retipping , they always find a soution !

I can support you in any case Paul

http://www.nadelspezialist.de/oscommerce-2.3.4/oscommerce-2.3.4/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=946

https://www.phonophono.de/phono/ersatznadeln/retip-service.html

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KROCK said:

When I purchased the 150, I also ordered an extra stylist. I'm @ 211 hrs. on it.

I purchased mine from another audiophile and even at that time no new replacements were available 

Thats why I put up a WTB advert to reach a wider audience 

From memory the AT170 was released in 1988 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

That was enough of one of my still top three favorite bands for a while.

All of us from a certain couple of generations know this one. Even if I was in the first grade in `69 this was still on the airwaves ten years later!

Another of those cubed covers!

PXL-20201024-222854714.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

You can send it to me if you want...or to these addresses in germany for retipping , they always find a soution !

I can support you in any case Paul

http://www.nadelspezialist.de/oscommerce-2.3.4/oscommerce-2.3.4/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=946

https://www.phonophono.de/phono/ersatznadeln/retip-service.html

We have Garrott brothers here in Australia that can do it 

But I cant see if they can replace it with the original microline shape 

If I find a place that can do it to the microline diamond cut - then I will have it done 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When reading about carts for the 1200, the 150 mlx went perfect with the stock arm. If I recall , I was looking into the AT 95s, but the replacement stylus were scarce, so I went with the 150 & the backup stylus. Maybe I should look into the Ortofon 40 replacement before the go out of control.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

We have Garrott brothers here in Australia that can do it 

But I cant see if they can replace it with the original microline shape 

If I find a place that can do it to the microline diamond cut - then I will have it done 

Thus proving the practicality of the moving magnet.

• Like 1