Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Other thread reminded me that I haven't given these guys a listen in a while. Still haven't had enough power chords and riffs since the other night with the little discs.

My favorite (their most awesome) release:

PXL-20201028-223112931.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Other thread reminded me that I haven't given these guys a listen in a while. Still haven't had enough power chords and riffs since the other night with the little discs.

My favorite (their most awesome) release:

PXL-20201028-223112931.jpg

there´s no difference or ?

image.jpeg.ecfb1280126ee33cf5d885104ff8b455.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Had a lil fun w/my buddy earlier since he took the day off.  

He likes Rory Gallagher so sweetened him up with this his 3rd from 1972!  Ha!  

IMG-20201027-195309378.jpg

That softened him up a bit then I slammed him w/a lil Felix and the boys nailin "Nantucket Sleigh Ride."  Left him clueless but not speechless.  Had to ask who it was.  hahaha  Mountain's second lp from 1974.

IMG-20201027-201940587.jpg

Slipped in this one and then he was really shakin his head cause he's heard it before.  Hahaha!

IMG-20201027-202432538.jpg

Always good for a laff when he stops.  He's jammin and learnin!  Off on a beer run he said.  lolol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

there´s no difference or ?

What's the other consideration😂

It's just simple raw R&R and lots of energy if you ever saw the almost first group of guys that made up the legendary AC\DC.

Great Mountain promo LP there!

* @MicroMara Sink your lately funky chops into #5 Sin City 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I slammed him w/a lil Felix and the boys nailin "Nantucket Sleigh Ride."  Left him clueless but not speechless.  Had to ask who it was.  hahaha  Mountain's second lp from 1974

... if my memory serves me

Climbing was their 1st lp, followed by Nantucket Sleighride

Twin Peaks is a live [non-studio] album, released later?

one from my collection -- minus Felix

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

... if my memory serves me

Climbing was their 1st lp, followed by Nantucket Sleighride

Twin Peaks is a live [non-studio] album, released later?

one from my collection -- minus Felix

Your first sentence is a Mountain song. If your memory serves you well.

The first can remember is an lp with Leslie on cover. Blood of the sun.

Our band did that one. Good bass player...

Flowers of evil another good one.

• Like 5

Who knows...  Source is Music on Vinyl...  Mountain is a band of American hard rockers from New York who broke up in 1972 and reunited a year later, remaining active today. Twin Peaks was their second live album and was recorded in Osaka, Japan in 1973. It featured the long version (32+ minutes!) of "Nantucket Sleigh Ride" which is spread over two sides.

Glad you're warmin up out there.  Rainy, suckie day here and it's about 45 outside.  Another pathetically worthless day in paradise.  :)

• Like 5

Alright @MicroMara I did not forget about you bruder! Maybe I'll catch you before you retire tonight!

This doesn't really go with the ARS I just played but does go good with the volume on the sub turned up a little from 28 to 22. I remember the "Move Out" chorus from one of the songs from long, long ago in another life. This was in all the records with plastic still on it but opened as if it had been played. It was the only one like that. Did not go with all the others that came in either. I think there was more to that collection that I never saw but heck I've got no problem with how that turned out!

Anyhow if I had played some Depeche Mode this would follow well maybe since the guy here was in that band, Allison Moyet has got some funky in her and a voice too! 

PXL-20201029-212714617.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, billybob said:

BTW, do not use anything but my memory so, anything you see am wrong on, call me on it... thanks.

It's got that gayish disco sound to it like the guitarist LP I put on top of the stack you got!

That funk just didn't go well with me the day I listened to it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You might recall some of it if you ever went to one of those places as a teen with the strobe lights and the bee gees & Donna Summer playing real loud!

*Got one of the tunes to stick up there. Funny they didn't really look close at the drivers license back then!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 3