Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Yup, getting into trouble again tonite me thinks.  Unzippin a few new ones just for giggles.  :) 

"A nod is as good as a wink...  to a blind horse" Faces 3rd album released in 1971 along with their 2nd.  "Stay with Me" with Rod Stewart's vocals capped it all off pushing it to #6 in the US and #2 in the UK.  Reissued in 2015 and remastered.  MicroMara when you gonnna send me the original you borrowed long ago?  I KNOW you've still got it!!!  Well nm I got a replacement now!  :)

IMG-20201106-200348335.jpg

John Petrucci's second prog album released in October 30th shows just what the former Dream Theater's lead guitarist is made of!   Amazing!  Toss in Michael Portnoy on drums and Dave LaRue on bass and BOOM it's jammin!  This thing COOKS!  Better grab this one!

IMG-20201106-203208865.jpg

Enjoy  :)  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

There is nothing to inherit from me

1095257791_derverarmteaudiophile2.jpg.287636c9b75119281534e428ac37f059.jpg

my grand daughter is getting my stereo. She the only one that enjoys music.  Boy hasn't found out [yet] that having a good stereo is cool.

agree that some of the 60's music... well,.... you have to be in the right state of mind [or lack of].  I pull some out and a lot of times it's "Not tonight... er let me change my altitude before I pass judgement"... 

I could give a rip about Hendrix's performance on JimiHendrix/OtisRedding Monterey Pop lp

the Otis side... love it.

I like this Hendrix live performance

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Rod Stewart's vocals capped it all off pushing it to #6 in the US and #2 in the UK

Was thinking Steve Marriot was in there.

uh huh

.thnx google

I used to have Humble Pie Rockin' the Fillmore.  It died. Got broken at a party.... kinda figures, doesn't it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Yup, getting into trouble again tonite me thinks.  Unzippin a few new ones just for giggles.  :) 

"A nod is as good as a wink...  to a blind horse" Faces 3rd album released in 1971 along with their 2nd.  "Stay with Me" with Rod Stewart's vocals capped it all off pushing it to #6 in the US and #2 in the UK.  Reissued in 2015 and remastered.  MicroMara when you gonnna send me the original you borrowed long ago?  I KNOW you've still got it!!!  Well nm I got a replacement now!  :)

??????????????????????????????

This one ?????????????? I spinned in march this year, that you can remember that ? You have a memory like an elephant......

RodStewartbestof.thumb.jpg.d3960a9607d487423546a3972ea45824.jpg

19 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

To busy to post as we were in the midst of my granddaughters christening so just quick visits to see whats new 

The day was magical and the granddaughter was smiling all day ( amazing not a single cry ) 

Today is a continuation of The Beatles albums 

This time it’s an early years compilation double album - released in 1973 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title -  1962-1966 - A stereo compilation 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-1962-1966/release/936664

76-AC5-E08-CC98-48-EE-89-C2-D09-B26-FC44

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi VinylManiac  🤪

And here is a set of Virgin Prunes, it's a complete original with all the inserts that I bought in 1982, I am the first owner. The records are 25cm (10 ") 33 rpm, the record company is" L'invitation au Suicide " Le Havre, France.

The Virgin Prunes are childhood friends of U2, they lived on the same street, the guitarist of the Prunes is the brother of The Edge.

Gavin Friday, is a very famous singer in Ireland, he sang with the Corrs, he also wrote music for films that you know:  Impossible Mission , Moulin Rouge, In the Name Of The Father, Short Cuts, In America, ... 

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Virgin-Prunes-Heresie/release/9305023

HERESYIE but not the Klipsch 🙃

pm6j.jpg

5g52.jpg

3ntv.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

Today is a continuation of The Beatles albums 

This time it’s an early years compilation double album - released in 1973 

Artist - The Beatles 

Title -  1962-1966 - A stereo compilation 

this one, I had

.... and know where it went.

Eldest sister has it. I gave it to her. She is a Beatles person. Pretty sure she got the blue one too

in the mood for some Gentle Giant?  No... too bad

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

One of the guys that comes to this thread infrequently with a magnificent system talked about how good that release was and I picked it up almost a year later and I love it.

My cassette is long gone and the cd was lacking in sonics.

Only thing I can say negative is that there is now a gap between Mother and Goodbye Blue Sky. The one about the air raid is oddly my favorite, they fit together to me.

Love the sound on this particular version of the record.

• Like 8