Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

5 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Thanks for the tips, but I actually sold the Shure.
The DV 20 is now on my list as a next cart.

Thanks again,
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what did you get for it ? they still command some $$$...

what information I gathered..

was the series 3 was the best of..

then the v or 5... 1, 2 , avoid.. 4 there ok...

https://service.shure.com/s/article/timetable-history-of-the-v15-cartridge-models?language=en_US

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

the tt sat for 30 years. I bought cd's when I went to HI. I'm digging thru lp's I bought when I was a kid.

every now and then I get a good second hand lp there.  Most seem like they were taken to the beach, or stored where the humidity caused fun things to grow on them.  

I did score my SF Sounds half speed master of It's A Beautiful Day there.

• Like 3

what did you get for it ? they still command some $$$...

what information I gathered..
was the series 3 was the best of..
then the v or 5... 1, 2 , avoid.. 4 there ok...

https://service.shure.com/s/article/timetable-history-of-the-v15-cartridge-models?language=en_US

V15v-mr (not the x version)with mr stylus on a damaged boron cantilever brought a whopping $150. 7c8613f17738e9bd40adaa0d7180c365.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, baron167 said:

V15v-mr (not the x version)with mr stylus on a damaged boron cantilever brought a whopping $150. 7c8613f17738e9bd40adaa0d7180c365.jpg

Shure M75-6 / ED / SAS > The Shuresystem par excellence ! With the original needles one of the best budget systems ever built. Not without reason all youth rooms and discos in the 60s and 70s were equipped with this system.  Was not exactly cheap to buy during its lifetime. Whoever installs it today should make sure that it is a 15° system, like all Shure of that age. Runs therefore super on all changers with 24° geometry. Then it plays with much pressure and dynamics a very dry overtone bass with good resolution also in the high tone, and shows why it was standard system in discotheques for years. Possesses this fascinating Shure "Presence Drive", this fantastic midrange resolution, combined with extremely good dynamics. The ED version there is not much missing to the absolute top league. With Jico SAS needle by far the best Shure ever !

ymtc

ymtc

Even if it's wrong it's goin down!  Ever have one of those soul searching days?  Got some re-masters in today and I'm just gonna unzip 'em and GO!

GONG!  Never get enough of them.  They just do it and it always sorts.  Angel's Egg was released in 1973 and their 4th.  Cracked?  Yuuuuup, but great just the same!

IMG-20201117-160036696.jpg

On December 15th, 1988 Keith Richards and the X-pensive Winos took to the stage at the Hollywood Palladium and killed it.  The new remaster?  He STILL killed it but it just cooks.  By the time you hit the D side of the albums he's jammin and you'll be right there with him.  Keef's Keef and he's never gonna change.  Got that funk goin on all thru the albums.  Some good stuff fo sure!  😎

IMG-20201117-172236628.jpg

Their first album in 6 years and man WHAT an album.  A tribute to Malcom his brother Angus said.  The Aussie misfits re-united and put together a masterpiece tribute album.  Brian Johnson's back on the vocals, Cliff Williams on the bass and drummer Phil Redd is even back!  Their first release since Malcom's death is pretty darn amazing.  If ya liked their other 16 albums you're gonna love this one.  Clean, crisp and tight everywhere.  A foot stomper and sweet groove like only they can! The world-wide hype?  They come out on tour I'm gonna soooo be there!  Ya better jump!

IMG-20201117-200332666.jpg

• Like 6

Even if it's wrong it's goin down!  Ever have one of those soul searching days?  Got some re-masters in today and I'm just gonna unzip 'em and GO!

GONG!  Never get enough of them.  They just do it and it always sorts.  Angel's Egg was released in 1973 and their 4th.  Cracked?  Yuuuuup, but great just the same!
IMG-20201117-160036696.jpg

On December 15th, 1988 Keith Richards and the X-pensive Winos took to the stage at the Hollywood Palladium and killed it.  The new remaster?  He STILL killed it but it just cooks.  By the time you hit the D side of the albums he's jammin and you'll be right there with him.  Keef's Keef and he's never gonna change.  Got that funk goin on all thru the albums.  Some good stuff fo sure!  [emoji41]
IMG-20201117-172236628.jpg

Their first album in 6 years and man WHAT an album.  A tribute to Malcom his brother Angus said.  The Aussie misfits re-united and put together a masterpiece tribute album.  Brian Johnson's back on the vocals, Cliff Williams on the bass and drummer Phil Redd is even back!  Their first release since Malcom's death is pretty darn amazing.  If ya liked their other 16 albums you're gonna love this one.  Clean, crisp and tight everywhere.  A foot stomper and sweet groove like only they can! The world-wide hype?  They come out on tour I'm gonna soooo be there!  Ya better jump!
IMG-20201117-200332666.jpg

Wow! Good on you! I have a friend as sick (as you).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

What do you do when the old man's gone?
Do you want to be him?
And your real self sings the song
Do you want to free him?

Sounds like you did listen to the whole song, that verse comes in late!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the Irish at heart 

Continuing with my collection of Bing Crosby LPs 

Some may find this music boring but it’s actually pretty good 

Artist - Bing Crosby 

Title - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Bing-Crosby-When-Irish-Eyes-Are-Smiling/release/13869308

3247-B5-A2-5-C4-C-49-BF-90-E8-AE89-EEF48

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1