Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Well, some thing or somebody (?) did it...🤔

Just flat dirty marks on the grill cover.  I could see them easily on the black cloth.  Soooo, never thought she'd do it to the bottom of the mid yet she did.  Then poof, dropped right down thru the bottom of the cone.

• Like 2

61mFrm27RFL._SL1000_.jpg

This album was a freebie from the guy I bought the other albums from.  I really like it!  Some really funky bass lines in the songs, great harmony in the vocals.  Gives off a Chicago and CS&N vibe. 

Yeah! I mean really. It was very popular at the time for good reasons. Like a lot of music from that time, it’s up to old guys like me to support it today. So much good music. So little time. Whatcha Gonna Do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

61mFrm27RFL._SL1000_.jpg

This album was a freebie from the guy I bought the other albums from.  I really like it!  Some really funky bass lines in the songs, great harmony in the vocals.  Gives off a Chicago and CS&N vibe. 

I have had that album for years and love it - real surfer type of vibe

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Just nice to sit back after what's been going on, got a shot so I will wind down in a while hopefully. For now this is the first prog band I listened to that was not aware of exactly what they were except talented.

PXL-20201125-025249977.jpg

Point of Know Return - YouTube

John, one of my greatest musical regrets is not going to a Kansas concert circa '79 or '80.  Great musicians. Can't recall if it was Carry on My Wayward Song or Dust in the Wind that was a last minute piece for their LP. They had a gap and needed to fill and Kerry Livegren said "I got this."  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Ok, our zoo has been quiet or as @MicroMara calls it a "madhouse"

Things kind of up in the air so I'm packing stuff, started with linens, art, photos and half the dishes in buckets with towels.

PXL-20201125-012514890.jpg

Looky here!

I have already ordered a small transport vehicle, it will arrive tomorrow morning at 10.30

DMS :: Umzugs Opfenbach :: MAX MÜLLER

PXL-20201125-013827074.jpg

Perfect for the toys and all the memories involved!

Now you have also broken my favorite toy, could you not pay attention ? Always the same with you smilie_tra_160.gif

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

John, one of my greatest musical regrets is not going to a Kansas concert circa '79 or '80.  Great musicians. Can't recall if it was Carry on My Wayward Song or Dust in the Wind that was a last minute piece for their LP. They had a gap and needed to fill and Kerry Livegren said "I got this."  

My guess would be "Dust in the Wind" simple and beautiful.

Opposite of you they were my first rock concert and I think David Lee Roth's inspiration opened for them. Obvious parallels with Jim Dandy's and his stage persona. Dog-gone best $7.00 I've probably ever spent when Leftoverture came out and Black Oak Arkansas opened for them in the small WWWrestling arena here.

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I have already ordered a small transport vehicle, it will arrive tomorrow morning at 10.30

Now you have also broken my favorite toy, could you not pay attention ? Always the same with you smilie_tra_160.gif

Toughen up big-guy it's not broken it is separated from the HQ and the top is off of the GiJoe moon buggy. Those trash bags from the late 70s did disintegrate it came apart like safety glass breaks in half a second! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

My guess would be "Dust in the Wind" simple and beautiful.

I was never particularly fond of that tune. May be overexposure to it... It got a lot of airplay. Have to admit to not listening too much to them after Dust. Last lp [of theirs] I have is Power

I did get to see them in the mid 70's. Wanna say in '76. Played at a smaller venue in SouthBend IN.... Smaller as in, Not an arena. This place was set up for music/theater.  @jimjimbo knows the place. Morris Civic Center/Auditorium

prolly goes by a different name now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Things kind of up in the air so I'm packing stuff, started with linens, art, photos and half the dishes in buckets with towels.

..when you get to the new place, none of that stuff gets its place until the stereo is set up.

Can't do anything w/o music helping.

last things out... first in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I was never particularly fond of that tune. May be overexposure to it... It got a lot of airplay. Have to admit to not listening too much to them after Dust. Last lp [of theirs] I have is Power

I did get to see them in the mid 70's. Wanna say in '76. Played at a smaller venue in SouthBend IN.... Smaller as in, Not an arena. This place was set up for music/theater.  @jimjimbo knows the place. Morris Civic Center/Auditorium

prolly goes by a different name now.

Nope, same name, and a great venue.  Have seen Joe Bonamassa there twice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

..when you get to the new place, none of that stuff gets its place until the stereo is set up.

Can't do anything w/o music helping.

last things out... first in.

You know me well already!

But before strangers come in here to look.... my valuables will be at the storage bin and relatives. Lps and stereo are high on the list. If the realtor doesn't like the art being gone, I'll ask her/him to paint a picture in the imagination of prospective buyer of what their stuff would look like there.

Know I'm not thinking right, but neighbor got ripped off when his place was up for sale and I pick up on things that I've experienced! 

Oven's beeping got to check the stuffing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2