I can cry, like you cry
It just makes me sadder

Great Lyrics

Great Album

Incredible Band

RUSH!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Random question:  Does anyone use something like a microfiber glove for handling their vinyl?

But of course I use extra vinyl gloves for putting on records, once used you have to dispose of the glove immediately, so that no microorganisms soil the surface of the record or even damage the needle. Did I already tell you that I put my TT in an antiseptic, free of micro dust particles, with a constant room temperature of 73,4 Fahrenheit, Cleanroom.I always wear a protective suit before I put on a record . Since I did that my TT sounds $ 5.000 more expensive

Vinyl Handschuhe CLASSIC gepudert, weiß von HYGOSTAR

unnamed.jpg.4ac7a0fa23ece98c96b8a0c52417574a.jpg

• Haha 4

Since I'm usually not muddy and sweaty anymore when I'm putting an LP on, I touch only the edges when possible @wuzzzer. Wash my hands prior since I ultrasounded the whole lot earlier this year. Lots more handwashing the past year here.

I have a few that are so tight in the thicker paper or cardboard sleeves that I have to touch the surface to get them out... and I've pondered that recently.

It's weird when the pictorial sleeve is next to the LP in it's slippery plastic type sleeve. I usually read some or marvel at the art but it's not around the record anymore. Didn't spend ten seconds on that put them back in like I found them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

But of course I use extra vinyl gloves for putting on records, once used you have to dispose of the glove immediately, so that no microorganisms soil the surface of the record or even damage the needle. Did I already tell you that I put my TT in an antiseptic, free of micro dust particles, with a constant room temperature of 73,4 Fahrenheit, Cleanroom.I always wear a protective suit before I put on a record . Since I did that my TT sounds $ 5.000 more expensive.

Hey, it was a legitimate question.  I've almost dropped records several times trying to hold them with one hand and open my TT cover with the other hand.  My TT is on the middle shelf of my TV stand and the shelf isn't high enough for the cover to stay up on its own.  If I used a microfiber glove I wouldn't have to worry as much and I could hold the record more securely without worrying about touching anything other than the edge or the label. 

• Like 4

The sleeve is the inner piece that you store the lp inside of what is called the jacket.  Some will protect the jacket with a clear cover for extra measure.  There is a technique for taking an lp out of the sleeve without touching the grooved surface, where you end up with the edge perpendicular against the base of the hand, and the fingers on the label in the center.  Replacing is essentially a reverse of the process.  Clean hands are all that is necessary.

Also, the sleeve is placed into the jacket so as not to be open to the opening of the jacket.  I put mine in the up position.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Hey, it was a legitimate question.  I've almost dropped records several times trying to hold them with one hand and open my TT cover with the other hand.  My TT is on the middle shelf of my TV stand and the shelf isn't high enough for the cover to stay up on its own.  If I used a microfiber glove I wouldn't have to worry as much and I could hold the record more securely without worrying about touching anything other than the edge or the label. 

You might consider removing the cover and just keeping the table clean, or take it off the hinges and delicately removing the cover when using, if you dare.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Der richtige Umgang mit Vinyl Schallplatten - Vinyl-Fans.deDer richtige Umgang mit Vinyl Schallplatten - Vinyl-Fans.de

RECORD BUTLER

image.jpeg.df198c3f0a5dd61a70a500192de1b09c.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You might consider removing the cover and just keeping the table clean, or take it off the hinges and delicately removing the cover when using, if you dare.

I tried that same thing for a while, believe me if only this once... a cover is easier to dust than an entire top of a turntable. For me the TT has to be on top so... Hang the TV.

PXL-20201126-154029631.jpg

• Like 4