Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Blast from the past @MicroMara ! Heard that tune often enough that just the name of the band brought it back... never heard the 12" disco version though.

The 12 " single version was a dance floor killer, even in the late 80´s to the early 90´s ......

• Like 3

Took the art from the walls and sitting on top of things out today. Extra linens and kitchen stuff too. These are important to me so they go next for that reason, got them all in seven crates with another not full. When it is easier to move around in here I'll find out if my lambswool 3/4 inch roller sleeves are still good and fork out for some paint so it will look more fresh in here!

PXL-20201128-000311429.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

lambswool

There is lambswool under my naked feet.
The wool is soft and warm,
-gives off some kind of heat.
A salamander scurries into flame to be destroyed.
Imaginary creatures are trapped in birth on celluloid.
The fleas cling to the golden fleece,
Hoping they'll find peace.
Each thought and gesture are caught in celluloid.
There's no hiding in my memory.
There's no room to void.

The crawlers cover the floor in the red ochre corridor.
For my second sight of people, they've more lifeblood than before.
They're moving in time to a heavy wooden door,
Where the needle's eye is winking, closing in on the poor.

The carpet crawlers heed their callers:
"We've got to get in to get out
We've got to get in to get out
We've got to get in, to get out."

There's only one direction in the faces that I see;
It's upward to the ceiling, where the chambers said to be.
Like the forest fight for sunlight, that takes root in every tree.
They are pulled up by the magnet, believing that they're free.

Mild mannered supermen are held in kryptonite,
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle with their bodies glowing bright.
Through a door a harvest feast is lit by candlelight;
It's the bottom of a staircase that spirals out of sight.

The porcelain mannikin with shattered skin fears attack.
And the eager pack lift up their pitchers- they carry all they lack.
The liquid has congealed, which has seeped out through the crack,
And the tickler takes his stickleback.

• Like 8

A little big band music from a German musician / composer and big band leader 

Over his career he has released countless records / CDs and sold over 80 million 

Artist - James Last 

Title - Non Stop Dancing 12 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/James-Last-Non-Stop-Dancing-12/release/8020195

425-D6179-BBC1-4230-AB5-C-139-FBD7-F47-A

• Like 6

This showed up on my porch a couple weeks ago and I've been sitting on it for just the right time.  Today it's ON!  No more Ohio State football because of Covid so I get the day off.  Gonna make the best of it too!  Didn't make this one but the next one is back in Chicago and free is always good!  Sooo, thanks for the box EC but what do I do with the Blue-Ray that came with it since I'm only two-channel?  Might have to play with the Oppo a bit.  Yaaas, MicroMara hecho in Germany!  Sweet thru these lil cranked Heresey's.  Next time around it'll be on the LS cause I know I'm gonna be a repeat offender!  Great so far!

IMG-20201128-105649997.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Dave1290  The music award " ECHO " was abolished in 2019 because in 2018 a German right-wing extremist and anti-Jewish rapper band was awarded this music prize. This award has caused the whole music scene in Germany to hand over the old " Echo " awards.  This prize no longer had any significance for the musical cultural society. Since the year 2019 the musician price is called " IMA ". " International Music Award " .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Talk Talk was a British band that started out in the early 1980s with synth pop and new wave and enjoyed great commercial success until the mid 1980s.  The band then underwent an artistic transformation, releasing two avant-garde works between 1988 and 1991, which had a major influence on art and post-rock and inspired many of the musicians who followed. The band released on the EMI, Polydor and Parlophone labels.

Here´s their Album " It´s my life " from 1984 , EMI Label, Printed in Holland

TalkTalk.thumb.jpg.19d35d21b32a2b764b3985517ae18c37.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

In 1986, Talk Talk played at the Montreux Jazz Festival; the performance was recorded for television and now enjoys cult status. In 1988 the artistically avant-garde work Spirit of Eden was created, in which jazz greats such as Henry Lowther, the violin virtuoso Nigel Kennedy and the instrument inventor Hugh Davies participated. This ambitious project inspired critics and many musicians, but commercially it was far from being able to build on the earlier successes, so that the record company dropped the band.

Here´s " Spirit of Eden " mentioned above , 1988 , EMI Label, Printed in Holland

1362839940_taltalkspirit.thumb.jpg.dc0381bb9931a75aa801c0362e67f1d4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Ultravox is a British band founded in London in 1974 and is one of the most important and style-defining bands of the New Wave and New Romantic movement. In 1979, founding member and singer John Foxx was replaced by Midge Ure and the commercially most successful phase began. From 1980 to 1986, the band recorded several top ten placements in ten European countries, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa with songs like Vienna, Hymn and Dancing with Tears in My Eyes. In the late 1970s, under Foxx, the stylistic concept changed from experimental art punk and glam rock to a synthesizer-dominated style and was later supplemented by guitar-heavy rock elements with Ure. Two years after the release of their last album, the band announced their split in 1988.

UltravoX , Vienna , 1980, Chrysalis Records, Printed in Germany

188727762_20201128_215129ultravoxvienna.thumb.jpg.f125af26c25de82ee068f5fee0266e4e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A great female voice 

She changed her artist name from "Warrick" to "Warwick" because her name was misspelled on the labels of her hit record "Don't Make Me Over".

They even made another spelling mistake on the cover of this album - can you spot it 

A nice compilation album that I inherited 

Artist - Dionne Warwick

Title - The Best Of 

55286699-9179-4-CE3-8170-78-EC2-D92-C00-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2