Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

15 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Did you know that Pete Sinfield the lyricist from King Crimson worked with Roxy Music for while 

His solo album Still is not bad instrumentally - but he is not the best singer I have heard 

https://www.discogs.com/Pete-Sinfield-Still/release/8870302

and John Wetton

and king crimson well almost..

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/All About Sailors' Tales

All About Jazz critic John Kelman has been listening to all 27 discs of the Sailors' Tale boxed set which was released last week. In a typically exhaustive and detailed review, John goes where most critics fear to tread. Here's a snapshot of just part of John's review...

With an initially despondent Fripp largely leaving Collins to audition prospective band members before finding Wallace and, once again, believing that Crimson might actually continue, the search was now on for a bassist and vocalist. One well-known sailor's tale is that a pre-Roxy Music Bryan Ferry auditioned for the vocal chair but, despite being deemed unsuitable for Crimson, impressed Fripp enough to refer him to Crimson co-manager David Enthoven...and the rest, as they say...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

and John Wetton

All About Jazz critic John Kelman has been listening to all 27 discs of the Sailors' Tale boxed set which was released last week. In a typically exhaustive and detailed review, John goes where most critics fear to tread. Here's a snapshot of just part of John's review...

With an initially despondent Fripp largely leaving Collins to audition prospective band members before finding Wallace and, once again, believing that Crimson might actually continue, the search was now on for a bassist and vocalist. One well-known sailor's tale is that a pre-Roxy Music Bryan Ferry auditioned for the vocal chair but, despite being deemed unsuitable for Crimson, impressed Fripp enough to refer him to Crimson co-manager David Enthoven...and the rest, as they say...

I also forgot Eddie Jobson with roxy..

it all falls into the road to red !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

and John Wetton

That is a great track 

I find similarities between Brian Ferry and David Bowie 

They both surround themselves with brilliant musicians & change like chameleons ( musically speaking )  

• Like 1

From today I am going to try and play artists related to and including King Crimson 

Today it’s a collaboration album 

Artists - Andy Summers & Robert Fripp ‎

Title - I Advance Masked

ID - https://www.discogs.com/Andy-Summers-Robert-Fripp-I-Advance-Masked/release/2153367

2-E778988-D522-4-B23-BCB7-BEFB052-FC3-A5

1-F477639-3857-4-F7-E-BD89-BA99-C18-F0-A

@dirtmudd

Mike  - what does this track sound like 

• Like 2

Well by golly geee whizz I'm back!  Starting over is sooo much fun.  Who knows when things will get back to abby normal.  Always nice to be notified you were part of a major breech a couple years ago then all of a sudden everything goes to pot.  Who knows what happened but it certainly wasn't any fun on my end.  Hopefully things are working but time will tell.  Tons of new stuff here but taking it easy w/the posts since I don't really know what's gonna shake out.  Here in spirit I guess. 

Hahahahaha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Threw these on earlier today and just kicked back.  I'm soooo over it all.  Changing passwords is soooo much fun!  hahaha  

Saw all the Crimson posts and pulled this one out.  What a great album.  Just a bit left of center but soooo good.  Taken from their 1980 tour of Europe and the US.  It was released in the UK in 1981.

robert_fripp.jpg

ERIC_CLAPTON_-_2019_CROSSROADS_box_of_6-

Keith_Richards_and_the_x-pensive_Winos-_

Keef @ 78?  Yea, I'm gonna ride right along with him I think!

Edited by Dave1291
  • Like 6