Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

hey George @MicroMara  wander over to the Right This Minute three -- several people over there listening and posting tonight. 

Missed that last night , it was too late for me and i was tooooooooo tired . Joined some concerts with these smart classic gentlemen in summer and autumn , we had a lot of fun there. And the classic concerts are really worth to listen to . It´s an unbelivable feeling joining this concerts together on different continents together in distances of thousand of miles . Music brings people together no matter where they´re. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Still the OM10. Still on the fence, can't choose between the OM20 and 2M Blue. Sales start tomorrow. Hope to find a bargain somewhere... 

Go for the 2M Blue ....no compromise and it´ll be a real sound improvement Ivan ...

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Still the OM10. Still on the fence, can't choose between the OM20 and 2M Blue. Sales start tomorrow. Hope to find a bargain somewhere... 

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Go for the 2M Blue ....no compromise and it´ll be a real sound improvement Ivan ...

Sometimes it’s better to jump 2 or 3 upgrade places up 

With a small upgrade you may only notice a tiny improvement and then have to spend again to jump again 

So a cartridge upgrade jump of 2 or 3 places in the range is a prudent decision for both musically and monetary 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Sometimes it’s better to jump 2 or 3 upgrade places up 

With a small upgrade you may only notice a tiny improvement and then have to spend again to jump again 

So a cartridge upgrade jump of 2 or 3 places in the range is a prudent decision for both musically and monetary 

No doubts about your statement ..but he doesn´t want to invest more. The complete Pro-Ject TT inkl. Tonearm is a TT entry level for approx. 400 € , so make no sense.

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

No doubts about your statement ..but he doesn´t want to invest more. The complete Pro-Ject TT inkl. Tonearm is a TT entry level for approx. 400 € , so make no sense.

I still think a better cartridge can make even an entry level turntable perform better because it all boils down to information transfer
So it’s best to look at a pre loved cartridge if one can be found 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I still think a better cartridge can make even an entry level turntable perform better because it all boils down to information transfer
So it’s best to look at a pre loved cartridge if one can be found 

Yeah you´re right , but finally the $$$$$$$$$$$ he wants to spend  make the decisions

Went to a garage sale over the weekend and picked up a dozen

or so cds, mostly jazz with the most interesting one being a hand

signed copy of Wayne Shorters "Alegria". The price was 50 cents

each . Oops. Forgot this is a vinyl zone. 

1aaa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All outta likes ahhhhgain...  I love this!  Consider yourselves liked!  Next up?  I'll be all outta posts!  😂

Been runnin the board all afternoon for my buddy.  Shifted from the LS to the Heresy and played his normal diet of some older rock.  Then I tweeked him just a bit after he said I wonder how they'd sound with something other than rock.  Rave reviews before he left.  Guess there IS a difference between them he said.  hahaha  That was after I threw a Norah Jones lp on and made him sit back and listen.  Too funny when he wrinkled his nose at her initially.  Changed his outlook just a bit after listening to her on the Heresy's..  Then I told him who her daddy was and watched his jaw drop.  He's a hoot.  Don't know if he's ever gonna make it but I do know he's loving the Klipsch sound!   :) 

• Like 4

Something experimental today and the development  of frippertronics after Brian Eno showed Robert Fripp his tape looping system 

A wonderful collaboration by 2 brilliant musicians 

Artist - Fripp & Eno

Title - No Pussyfooting 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Fripp-Eno-No-Pussyfooting/release/7386637

9-E59-FB12-679-D-43-C6-B48-E-B798-CD3877

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Former King Crimson bass player Peter Giles teamed up with Ian McDonald a multi instrumentalist in a short lived band - only releasing this one album in the psychedelic/ Prog genre 

Peter Giles was replaced with Greg Lake to join the newly formed King Crimson by Robert Fripp and brother Michael Giles but joining King Crimson as a guest artist on the record In The Wake Of Poseidon 

Artist - McDonald and Giles 

Title - Self 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/McDonald-And-Giles-McDonald-And-Giles/release/2025683

387-C57-BC-69-C9-443-C-BA95-C24-B37-C7-E

• Like 4