Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

David Bowie´s " Scary Monsters " 1980 RCA Records, Printed in Germany

1099921264_BowieScaryMonsters.thumb.jpg.c0ee03390e270951139b63dc97c75608.jpg

I got to know Bowie's music in the early 1980s when my sister got a compiled cassette of fav songs from her boyfriend. On the b-side was Dire Straits' Love over Gold. I became a huge fan instantly of both. 

I listened to this tape all the time, until it was eaten by the tape deck. Must have been a sad day, because music can be so important for a teenager. 

Other tapes I got from friends, illegal copies in fact, which defined my musical taste, were Tokio Tapes of The Scorpions, Tubular Bells of Mike Oldfield and Pink Floyd's The Wall. 

After that, I started I started my musical journey on my own and buying vinyl albums: Deep Purple, Prince, Van Morrison, U2. This was all during the 1980s.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I listened to this tape all the time, until it was eaten by the tape deck.

Yeah in our generation a tapedeck was a must have . I had three Nakamichi Tapedecks till middle of they 90tees. The models were CR4E , LX5 and a DR1 , they sounded really great. In 1995 TEAC came up with a new Model , the V 6030 S , I checked out the sound and technical features against the Naka´s . The TEAC won this competition, I sold all three Naka´s and still use the TEAC sometimes. In ourdays, recording digital sources onto a metal tape achieves a tonal quality that wasn´t possible in the past. Even with the Tandberg R2R , dynamical as a CDP. Loving this analog Monster Machines.

1558283504_TeacVS6030SNeu.thumb.jpg.f6792f266aaf6c8e8c86e1dbdd73d7a7.jpg

Tandberg.thumb.jpg.e96a1d0356264a15ff3104ab1335eb1c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I still have in storage 

Two tape decks ( baby Nakamichi and a Tascam ) 

One Reel to Reel ( Revox ) 

Plus tapes to suit 

After my dad died, we had to empty our paternal home and I took the Onkyo stereo system to my place, but left the tape deck behind... I regret this a lot now, but at the time, I didn't care much about it; although cassette tapes played an important role in my life when I was teenager, I quickly moved on to vinyl records and CDs. I always kind of considered cassettes of inferior quality. These were 'copies' anyhow, and copies of copies were even worse...

Yet, now I regret I didn't take the tape deck home as well... I still have my cassettes in a box on the attic, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

had a sweet Nakamichi years ago, not the Dragon; but still a nice one. 

I had the CR-7A. Sold it for stupid money. Got over $2k for it. I also had a BX-300 I sold. I still have some nice Yamaha decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I have played quite a bit of music during lockdown 

But decided to present this classic album as I played it a couple of times now 

Even though it’s new, It took a few RCM cleans to get it ready to play 

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - Tubular Bells 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells/release/2062394

8-FDEF4-BC-A289-4986-8-CBA-6-D7-E3-E8958

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Great album Paul.  Saw it the other day here and thought about it. 

Spent most of the afternoon watching the NFL & now it's after 9.  Ugh!

Pulled this signed Doyle Bramhall II out for a spin.  His 4th solo studio album released in 2016.  It's also his first release since 2001 with many of the songs written about his father Doyle Bramhall who passed in 2011.

IMG-20210109-175226897.jpg 

Followed it up with a lil Buddy Guy & Junior Wells.  Such a great album  :)

IMG-20210102-213509845.jpg

Why stop now?  

muddy_waters.jpg

:)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good tunes here for me to look up on the pc later, Sunday morning KC is taken care of today!

All the cassette talk has me itching for better in that regard.

In a pinch what I've been doing... has been fun at least hearing my old stuff!

• Like 4

Miss `em Dave. Know it will most likely be late summer before I can get set up again. If things work out well that is. Sure that I've mentioned that I enjoy listening to Doyle Bramhill III since I heard him on one of the Crossroads six hour broadcasts last decade! Liked it when he got together with Tedeshi-Trucks then.

• Like 4

Julio Iglesias, Emociones.

This album, one of my mum's, is one I grew up on. Its mixing and mastering always sounded  'over the top', but on my newly acquired Leben CS300 it sounds well ballanced. It does push the cheap mm needle I use over its limit, though.

PSX_20210111_055244.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Julio Iglesias, Emociones.

This album, one of my mum's, is one I grew up on. Its mixing and mastering always sounded  'over the top', but on my newly acquired Leben CS300 it sounds well ballanced. It does push the cheap mm needle I use over its limit, though.

I have an album from Julio that I inherited but never played 

The record is in excellent condition 

This one 

https://www.discogs.com/Julio-Iglesias-1100-Bel-Air-Place/release/5596500

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I have an album from Julio that I inherited but never played 

The record is in excellent condition 

This one 

https://www.discogs.com/Julio-Iglesias-1100-Bel-Air-Place/release/5596500

I you can believe the tabloids, those beautiful eyes have seduced more than 3000 lovers... 😁😁😁😁

This article about his private life actually uses your album's cover art: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/475099/I-ve-never-kept-count-of-the-women-I-ve-slept-with-says-singer-Julio-Iglesias

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I you can believe the tabloids, those beautiful eyes have seduced more than 3000 lovers... 😁😁😁😁

This article about his private life actually uses your album's cover art: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/475099/I-ve-never-kept-count-of-the-women-I-ve-slept-with-says-singer-Julio-Iglesias

It’s not true - It’s just gossip

Quote from Julio 

I came to London and my manager told me, 'The papers are all saying Julio has been with 3,000 women'. I said, 'Don't tell anybody it's not true.' Ha ha! Now we are in 2014 the number must be up to 20,000!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Eric Clapton, 461 Ocean Boulevard

This is a brilliant album and I find it difficult to understand that it was conceived while Clapton was so deep into an alcohol and cocaine addiction...

The "soundstage" that particular release produces is among the best that I have ever heard. Maybe I'm dialed into his music more than others, but I don't think so.

My Slowhand is an Abby Road Half Speed and the midweight mid 70s 461 off the shelf from the K-mart is just magnificent on my old Heresy IIs or the Forte IIIs that replaced them. Think maybe at that studio the engineers were at the pinnacle of their craft at the time.

& lots still believe that dope can "open doors" and expound upon creative instincts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1