Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Some of the Record Heads in this forum may also be movie buffs. New release. January 17, 2020

John Carpenter Anthology: Movie Themes 1974-1998 With Exclusive Slipmat

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/john-carpenter-anthology-with-exclusive-slipmat?product_id=7350&utm_source=rejoiner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=John+Carpenter+Birthday+Sale+1%2F12%2F21&utm_content=JOHN+CARPENTER+BIRTHDAY+SALE+-+1%2F11%2F21&rjnrid=dDoNrrA

Disk art is ok, but not a fan of the cover art.

John-Carpenter-Anthology-Beauty-Shot.png

• Like 7

10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Some of the Record Heads in this forum may also be movie buffs. New release. January 17, 2020

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/john-carpenter-anthology-with-exclusive-slipmat?product_id=7350&utm_source=rejoiner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=John+Carpenter+Birthday+Sale+1%2F12%2F21&utm_content=JOHN+CARPENTER+BIRTHDAY+SALE+-+1%2F11%2F21&rjnrid=dDoNrrA

You probably know this, but John Carpenter wasn't just the director of the movies, but also the composer of the score !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Apologies I react to this again, but this score is so good I want you to listen to it! 

So John Carpenter not only directed the movies, he also composed the score, for budget reasons...

• Like 5

The weatherman said rain is coming tomorrow 

So I went out and cut the grass and now it’s time to relax with a spin 

Something more into the jazz - jazz fusion side now 

A brilliant drummer in anyone’s book 

Artist - Bill Bruford 

Title - The Bruford Tapes 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Bruford-The-Bruford-Tapes/release/1969352

85-CE79-C5-5-E90-4601-966-F-C8-BA630816-

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

The weatherman said rain is coming tomorrow 

So I went out and cut the grass and now it’s time to relax with a spin 

Something more into the jazz - jazz fusion side now 

A brilliant drummer in anyone’s book 

Artist - Bill Bruford 

Title - The Bruford Tapes 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Bruford-The-Bruford-Tapes/release/1969352

85-CE79-C5-5-E90-4601-966-F-C8-BA630816-

5g and the unknown John Clark

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

5g and the unknown John Clark

He was guitarist for Bill Bruford 

Prior to that he was with - Cliff Richard 

And a few other groups / artists 

Now the keyboardist Dave Stewart has an interesting career 

Quote - 

Dave Stewart (born December 30, 1950) is an influential British keyboardist who played in 1970s progressive rock bands Uriel, Egg, Khan, Hatfield and the North, National Health and Bruford. In 1981 he teamed up with vocalist Barbara Gaskin to release a series of pop-based singles and albums. The Stewart / Gaskin partnership continues to the present day. During the 1980s and 90s he composed and recorded music for film and television, and more recently has created string and choir arrangements for contemporary progressive rock bands such as Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Anathema, Opeth and Storm Corrosion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Good evening my friends here in Spinning Vinyl !   It is a Friday night here in the states and I thought I would pick this f180 gram. DOUBLE album orchestral recording from Sir. McCartney from the Longfellow Music Hall library.  Last time heard was through my long time,  beloved now sold Klipschorns.  But tonight, the latest speakers to join the ranks in the 'Hall', the Klipsch RP-600M  stand mounts for the listen session.   :emotion-21:

The Marantz AVR in pure stereo mode with NO enhancements and my vintage Dual 506 from the 70ies TT.   Here are some photos just taken !    Front cover artwork...IMG-3849.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks so much Paul....  I am actually onto Side 4 at the moment.  You have a good morning!, it must be time for some lunch shortly 🍔..  🍷    I will be going onto a movie after the vinyl.   Enjoy your day, and as always, I will post ANYTIME I have some vinyl to listen to :)...

• Like 3