Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Thanks so much Paul....  I am actually onto Side 4 at the moment.  You have a good morning!, it must be time for some lunch shortly 🍔..  🍷    I will be going onto a movie after the vinyl.   Enjoy your day, and as always, I will post ANYTIME I have some vinyl to listen to :)...

I am actually in the middle of a storm now

Luckily we are prepared 

I was getting ready to spin an album and decided to wait it out as it’s not pleasant listening with thunder every now and then in the background 

• Like 2

We had a little storm here and now that it has passed I am spinning again 

More of the same as the last spin with jazz / Jazz fusion / Prog rock on the Garrard 

Bill Bruford with Allan Holdsworth and others rip it apart 

This record is a 2013 reissue 

Artist - Bill Bruford 

Title - Rock Goes To College 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Bruford-Rock-Goes-To-College/release/6574315

F1-A793-B9-C2-F9-4485-ABCA-5-B9-BD41-D53

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A new LP has just landed not more than 30 minutes ago  ( but will play it when time allows ) 

So I decided to share @dirtmudd @MicroMara

The first time I purchased this album was around 1971 and I lent it out several years later but never came back home 

Then I replaced it with a 1978 re issue album that I still have in the collection 

This release is the 50th anniversary album - Steve Wilson mix, that has great reviews so I have decided to add it to the collection 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/14338110

4-AF226-DF-CE87-44-C9-9080-C1-E8-F53-B58

B565259-F-73-B7-4-C29-BC8-A-0-A724-FDD69

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

A new LP has just landed not more than 30 minutes ago  ( but will play it when time allows ) 

So I decided to share @dirtmudd @MicroMara

The first time I purchased this album was around 1971 and I lent it out several years later but never came back home 

Then I replaced it with a 1978 re issue album that I still have in the collection 

This release is the 50th anniversary album - Steve Wilson mix, that has great reviews so I have decided to add it to the collection 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-In-The-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King-An-Observation-By-King-Crimson/release/14338110

4-AF226-DF-CE87-44-C9-9080-C1-E8-F53-B58

B565259-F-73-B7-4-C29-BC8-A-0-A724-FDD69

26 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Congrats @Full Range  thought it wasn´t cheap ....smilie_gr_179.gif

So it´s time to upgrate the cover as well for the most spinned record ever in the KC 

Dark Reader Reviews: In the court of the Blind King. | JoJo Amino Amino

. Said the straight man to the late man Where have you been I've been here and I've been there And I've been in between. I talk to the wind My words are all carried away I talk to the wind The wind does not hear The wind cannot hear. I'm on the outside looking inside What do I see Much confusion, disillusion All around me. You don't possess me Don't impress me Just upset my mind Can't instruct me or conduct me Just use up my time I talk to the wind My words are all carried away I talk to the wind The wind does not hear The wind cannot hear.

• Like 6

This is a mini review

Thought I would pen something down about my observations of the new album 

The 50th anniversary of - In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson (2 LP ) 

First up I listened to the alternative LP just to get a feel for the background of how the final album was put together 

One track “ Epitaph “ on the alternative album was Greg Lake’s voice only 

After listening - It made me understand as to why some takes were not used ( and frankly I agree with the bands decision) 

——————

Now onto the remix of the 1969 LP 

I found that great respect was given

The record is very quiet ( but needed a deep clean ) 

Fantastic separation of the instruments especially the drums and percussion  

The percussion has timber and accuracy without drowning out any other instruments 

Its actually very well and sympathetically done  

However if I was to make a negative comment - but please Note this may be due to the accuracy of my system ? 

On the track “Epitaph “the beginning of the first 30 seconds or so the loudness gain is about 5% to 7% to much 

On the track “In The Court Of The Crimson King “ the drone  of the melotron and in the change over passages it also suffers the same from loudness gain  

That is my personal observation of the Steve Wilson mix 

IMG_0202.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

This is a mini review

Thought I would pen something down about my observations of the new album 

The 50th anniversary of - In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson (2 LP ) 

First up I listened to the alternative LP just to get a feel for the background of how the final album was put together 

One track “ Epitaph “ on the alternative album was Greg Lake’s voice only 

After listening - It made me understand as to why some takes were not used ( and frankly I agree with the bands decision) 

——————

Now onto the remix of the 1969 LP 

I found that great respect was given

The record is very quiet ( but needed a deep clean ) 

Fantastic separation of the instruments especially the drums and percussion  

The percussion has timber and accuracy without drowning out any other instruments 

Its actually very well and sympathetically done  

However if I was to make a negative comment - but please Note this may be due to the accuracy of my system ? 

On the track “Epitaph “the beginning of the first 30 seconds or so the loudness gain is about 5% to 7% to much 

On the track “In The Court Of The Crimson King “ the drone  of the melotron and in the change over passages it also suffers the same from loudness gain  

IMG_0202.jpg

Gear used? Cartridge? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Full Range said:

This is an extremely critical view, but I think that the sound engineer has deliberately mixed these tonal accents. On the other hand, it is of course even more amazing that your consciousness and your gear reproduce these nuances so clearly. This in turn speaks for the quality of your equipment. And this I have anyway, from the beginning of my membership in the KC, never questioned.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Gear used? Cartridge? 

Turntable - Garrard 401 

Tonearm - Air bearing tangential 

Cartridge - Stanton 981 LZS

Pre amp - Nakamichi CA5 II

Amp - First Watt M2 and also used Blue Circle BmPH  

Phono - On Nakamichi amp and Parks Audio Puffin 

Speakers - Klipsch La Scala - Highly modified 

F3B13C52-7ADB-48C9-B147-5B0217E8480D.jpg

• Like 5

@Full Range I always enjoy reading your signature list.  That "highly modified" on your LS gets me every time!  hahaha  Now about that "modified" crossover you have, which naturally complements your "highly modified" LS so nicely...  😂  😂  I know where you live and I WILL find you some day!  😂 😎

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

John Lord of deep purple was fantastic on keyboards 

very best deep purple song is LAZY and the keys are fantastic.

I was always a Rick Wakeman fan ... got to meet him many years ago and he even answered my email. 

Maybe you'll enjoy this:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, BigStewMan said:

very best deep purple song is LAZY and the keys are fantastic.

I was always a Rick Wakeman fan ... got to meet him many years ago and he even answered my email. 

Maybe you'll enjoy this:

They are both great in their own way 

Rick is, as they say on the continent - A character with a funny bone 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Range I always enjoy reading your signature list.  That "highly modified" on your LS gets me every time!  hahaha  Now about that "modified" crossover you have, which naturally complements your "highly modified" LS so nicely...  😂  😂  I know where you live and I WILL find you some day!  😂 😎

You are referring to this crossover build - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149952-a-crossover-design-on-single-exposed-board/

If you want to visit beautiful Brisbane Australia- I will host you to some nice music, including a great feed and some grog 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1