Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

7 minutes ago, Allan Songer said:

Been a while since I showed my rig - still going strong!

TD-124

Ikeda 12” arm with Ortofon SPU GT

SME 3012 with Ortofon SPU mono

DDAA04C0-5B6B-42CC-B174-8612D07FF0F4.jpeg

the SME 3012 sure is a much  longer than average tone arm -

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Allan Songer said:

Blue Note 1580 - flat out killer quartet date with Sonny Clark on piano, Paul Chambers on bass and Kenny Dennis on drums. Original pressing (owned for 35+ years).

40DF33D5-1F68-462A-9167-F7729E1D1A70.jpeg

12 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

Been a while since I showed my rig - still going strong!

TD-124

Ikeda 12” arm with Ortofon SPU GT

SME 3012 with Ortofon SPU mono

DDAA04C0-5B6B-42CC-B174-8612D07FF0F4.jpeg

11 hours ago, Full Range said:

Bellissimo set up  🥰

Allan is not holden out on the td125..

what else is he not sharing?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ha!  About time you surfaced brother!  Southern Florida rock?  Pffffft!  For you?  I almost gave up so today I've been flying solo!  FINALLY got to sit down and relax a bit.  Unzipping a few too!

RSD find of a previously unreleased lp of him doing a radio talk show in Cleveland.  Not too shabby either.  

Better than listening to the Cleveland Browns!

IMG-20210117-200126547.jpg

Dropped this off at the framer and she just finished it.  Gonna be a shrine in here when I'm done.  Bring your beads so you can run thru them while listening!  :)

IMG-20210121-131747775.jpg

Unplugged is a 1992 album by Eric Clapton, recorded at Bray Studios, England in front of an audience for the MTV Unplugged television series.  It includes a version of the successful 1991 single "Tears in Heaven" and an acoustic version of "Layla". It won six Grammy awards at the 35th Annual Grammy Awards in 1993 and became the bestselling live album of all time, and Clapton's bestselling album, selling 26 million copies worldwide. 

IMG-20210125-173233457.jpg

Soooo good!  :)

IMG-20210125-174957667.jpg

IF you like Rory Gallagher ya better jump while ya can.  He kills it!

Buddy is on the way soooo at least things will be nice and warm when he shows up!

Southern rock...  John boy, John boy!  😂  About time you surfaced!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2021 at 10:38 AM, dirtmudd said:

Allan is not holden out on the td125..

what else is he not sharing?

The TD-125 is at my place in the desert where I’ve spent much of the Covid crisis riding it out - along with my old Fisher 500C and the Metregon. The TD-124 is in my main system with the McIntosh stuff (MC-30s, C-22, MR-71, MI-3) and the 1961 vertical horn Cornwalls (which sound BETTER to me than the Metregon). 

Both systems are great - just very different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Allan Songer said:

The TD-125 is at my place in the desert where I’ve spent much of the Covid crisis riding it out - along with my old Fisher 500C and the Metregon. The TD-124 is in my main system with the McIntosh stuff (MC-30s, C-22, MR-71, MI-3) and the 1961 vertical horn Cornwalls (which sound BETTER to me than the Metregon). 

Me and my -ah- mother and father - and a grandmother and a grandfather - were driving through the desert, at dawn, and a truck load of Indian workers had either hit another car, or just - I don't know what happened - but there were Indians scattered all over the highway, bleeding to death. So the car pulls up and stops. That was the first time I tasted fear. I musta' been about four - like a child is like a flower, his head is just floating in the breeze, man. The reaction I get now thinking about it, looking back - is that the souls of the ghosts of those dead Indians...maybe one or two of 'em...were just running around freaking out, and just leaped into my soul. And they're still in there
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Allan Songer said:

What makes these TD124 and TD125 so good? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

td124 idler wheel of rim drive

td125 belt drive

not sure which sounds better

but maybe Allan can give us a breakdown .. or his thoughts idler vs belt...

I find it remarkable that the TD125 is so different in design and price, compared to the TD124. 

• Like 1

@MeloManiac  See what ya started???  It's on YOU brother!  Had a few new ones here to unzip.  Don't know where I'm gonna put 'em though.  Gotta get another shelf up SOON!

IMG-20210127-132836506.jpg

Had this "best of" album ONCE!  Thinking @MicroMara must have borrowed it in his first life!  Released in 1969 after they split in 1968.

"Communique" released in 1979 hit the charts well in every country except the US where it peaked @ 11.  Proof that these Germans are clueless about what they're hearing since it hit #1 there!  😂

IMG-20210127-134026858.jpg

"Love Over Gold" seemed to start their true climb here in the US reaching 19 on the Billboard charts before being certified gold.  Mark Knopfler was gaining the recognition he deserved.  Even though it was only given a 4 of 5 star rating I, for the most part, enjoy it very much.  Knopfler is struttin his stuff and breaking away from his "norm."  Their 4th released in 1982.

IMG-20210127-142558252.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1