Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Good evening / good morning my vinyl spinning friends.  As always, I try to get some vinyl on the turntables around here on the weekends.   So, tonight I dug this eBay auction winning from some time back, it was sealed.  Here is the front cover artwork...IMG-4051.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With a nice glass of vino, I am enjoying this on the alternate movie audio system here in Longfellow Music Hall this evening.  The Marantz 6011 in discrete 2 CH mode through the newer Klipsch PR-600M standmounts and of course, my old Dual 506 TT from the late 70ies.    Under amber spotlighting, here is a photo......IMG-4054.jpg

• Like 5

Ahhhh

Wife is off to work and get to play "her" stereo --- the H/K and LaScalas. Fired up the turntable, feeling mellow...

Stevie Wonder - Fullfillingness First Finale

While I was pawing thru the stack, Ziggy Stardust came into hand.... Noticed it had one of those "Play at maximum volume" recommendations.. [they weren't talking to us, were they?].  Are they still putting those on recorded music. I know several LPs of that era came with...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Ahhhh

Wife is off to work and get to play "her" stereo --- the H/K and LaScalas. Fired up the turntable, feeling mellow...

Stevie Wonder - Fullfillingness First Finale

While I was pawing thru the stack, Ziggy Stardust came into hand.... Noticed it had one of those "Play at maximum volume" recommendations.. [they weren't talking to us, were they?].  Are they still putting those on recorded music. I know several LPs of that era came with...

And... It can be played with a lightweight tone arm and pickup too!!!! Good to know! 

PSX_20210301_173352.jpg

• Like 6

@MeloManiac

Hello !

For Belgium > To find vinyl LPs from Thelonious Monk and others: I am in France and to find new or used vinyls, I bought them from Jazz Messenger in Barcelona. The prices are good, the opportunities are of good quality and the transport is very good. Otherwise for excellent quality but more expensive occasions there is Paris Jazz Corner in France.

https://www.jazzmessengers.com/fr/vinyl

http://www.parisjazzcorner.com/dis_liste.php?page=3&ArtNeuf=&ArtOcc=&lang=&AutNom=monk&AutPrenom=&ArtTitFr=&op=&ArtAn=&SupNum=vinyl&SgrNum=&cd=&vinyl=&rech=avancee&LabNom=&InstNum=&ArtCaractFr=

• Like 5

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Saw Monk, Parker...etc. on the Ken Burns Jazz. As typical, can recommend as he and team taking the time to cover historically the jazz movement in a professional way. Another segment this week on PBS...

It was a good series, there was way too much time devoted to Louis Armstrong - Burns should have done a separate 6 hour doc about Louis. Way too little spend on the 50s and 60s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

It was a good series, there was way too much time devoted to Louis Armstrong - Burns should have done a separate 6 hour doc about Louis. Way too little spend on the 50s and 60s.

Agree with that. Still not through the series yet on my end.

Thanks, and glad you are posting here...

• Like 2