Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I have just updated the Firmware on the Puffin and just playing a recent record addition to the collection 

A very good recording that in my opinion can be used as a test record 

Had a great time listening to this album 

Artist - Enoch Light And The Light Brigade ‎

Title - Provocative Percussion

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Enoch-Light-And-The-Light-Brigade-Provocative-Percussion/release/11115271

17826-CE9-FD75-4-CE0-A58-D-79-CADE30-D44

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have just updated the Firmware on the Puffin and just playing a recent record addition to the collection 

A very good recording that in my opinion can be used as a test record 

Had a great time listening to this album 

Artist - Enoch Light And The Light Brigade ‎

Title - Provocative Percussion

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Enoch-Light-And-The-Light-Brigade-Provocative-Percussion/release/11115271

17826-CE9-FD75-4-CE0-A58-D-79-CADE30-D44

I didn't know (or I forgot) you have a Puffin! 

How much do you like it as a preamp? Do you use some of the advanced settings also? It's digital. Doesn't that bother you? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I didn't know (or I forgot) you have a Puffin! 

How much do you like it as a preamp? Do you use some of the advanced settings also? It's digital. Doesn't that bother you? 

In reality it’s very seamless and a godsend having some of those features & settings 

I have a fantastic phono stage on my Nakamichi CA5II and when the Puffing is tweaked to the right setting it can sound as good or better 

All the recent features & settings on the firmware have probably given the Puffin the edge and every time new firmware is released the unit just gets better 

If you have a chance - you should at least give in a try 

My unit is a fairly early production model Serial #290 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another one for @MicroMara 

Spinning another great contemporary jazz LP from an artist I featured a few days ago 

The flute is the featured instrument - its a beautiful and tranquil album designed to make the listener listen more intensely 

Artist - The Chris Hinze Combination ‎

Title - Virgin Sacrifice

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/The-Chris-Hinze-Combination-Virgin-Sacrifice/release/3853455

8-C41-FCFF-2-A12-4-A1-A-B140-BC96-DE5532

• Like 4

Small group listening session last evening.  😂  3 friends I know and a couple fems came over.  It was rough!  Killed a half gallon of Fireball not to mention the beer.  They called and asked so that was cool.  Nice when they walk in w/the drinks too.   😂  2nd Covid shot today so taking it easy.  Feeling pretty good so far.  :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, Full Range said:

Another one for @MicroMara 

Spinning another great contemporary jazz LP from an artist I featured a few days ago 

The flute is the featured instrument - its a beautiful and tranquil album designed to make the listener listen more intensely

Indeed ...The Chris Hinze Combination is a brilliant discovery .....even this record is as you mentioned above.

• Like 5

A nice free flowing jazz album by a band that formed in the mid 70s from Buffalo, New York 

Anywhere near you Mike @dirtmudd

A nice album with lots going on musically and it’s rhythmically beautiful for listening pleasure 

Artist - Spyro Gyra 

Titled - Spyro Gyra ( self titled ) 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Spyro-Gyra-Spyro-Gyra/release/919606

827333-E2-50-A2-4-C5-D-94-E2-270088-B2-A

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

You are a slow driver. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the posted speed limit - here down under on highways is 100 km per hour or (62 miles per hour ) 

Now that the politicians have made more “strict” laws with speed limits 

Cops will book you even if you drift/cruise ( not speed ) just over the speed limit 

Penalties are high so all collected fines are going into government coffers 

Don’t get me wrong - book the idiots that need to be booked 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

You are a slow driver. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Full Range said:

At the posted speed limit - here down under on highways is 100 km per hour or (62 miles per hour ) 

Now that the politicians have made more “strict” laws with speed limits 

Cops will book you even if you drift/cruise ( not speed ) just over the speed limit 

Penalties are high so all collected fines are going into government coffers 

Don’t get me wrong - book the idiots that need to be booked 

• Like 4

Another one to make @MicroMara feel at home 

I would like to present a truely beautiful album with mixed genres and influences that just work harmoniously 

A truely beautiful and enjoyable musical evening

Artist - Jan Akkerman & Claus Ogerman ‎

Title - Aranjuez

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jan-Akkerman-Claus-Ogerman-Aranjuez/release/6241383

6701106-A-4-F5-C-43-C0-A70-F-4-DB4-FF13-

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi,
In 1975 when I was 12 years old I bought with my pocket money, which I had gotten by taking care of the vegetables of my father's garden, the 45rpm (EP) of a German group which made the weird music with unfamiliar instruments, the cover was some kind of black and white radio* (or measuring instrument?): I loved Kraftwerk! And here I have just bought 46 years later the German version LP of Kraftwerk RADIO AKTIVITÄT with a beautiful yellow pocket and inside a superb libretto and the record in the white and black radio: superb "Madeleine de Proust"

there is a photo of the back of the device, but since everything is written in german i don't understand what it is, see here my version, more pics  https://www.discogs.com/fr/Kraftwerk-Radio-Aktivität/release/16027624

nb: @MicroMara must know all these fantastic German bands well: I have vinyl LPs that I bought 40 years ago from CAN, DAF, Einstürzende Neubauten, Amon Düül II, Faust, NEU! ...

Arrrrgggg! my photograph is cloudy, maybe radioactive waves 🤢

DSC_0172.thumb.JPG.3f2b042d6e799ced685907b6ef01d721.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Another one to make @MicroMara feel at home 

I would like to present a truely beautiful album with mixed genres and influences that just work harmoniously 

A truely beautiful and enjoyable musical evening

Artist - Jan Akkerman & Claus Ogerman ‎

Title - Aranjuez

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jan-Akkerman-Claus-Ogerman-Aranjuez/release/6241383

6701106-A-4-F5-C-43-C0-A70-F-4-DB4-FF13-

Jan Akkerman is from The Netherlands, a really crazy people that love to terrorize the rest of Europe by being loud and not staying in hotels but occupying camping sites all summer during summer holiday. At least when there's no corona.

😉

This is my favourit Focus song, with Akkerman on the guitar:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I just want to stress that the Belgian people have NOTHING in common with the Dutch, even though with live in close proximity, south of them, and we speak the same language. In fact, our musicians play guitar in a totally different fashion! So forget about Dutch bands like Golden Earring and Focus. Instead enjoy Tjens-Couter, for instance, with Tienne Couter on the guitar and Arno Hintjens doing the vocals!

Ps

My attempt at being goofy. 

Arno anno 2021, recovering from cancer:

68156.jpg

arno_juli_2020cdannywillems_p3x18532.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1